Jesus died: we're all saved?

Isn't it a "christian idea" that he was born to die though? jesus dying for your sins... To save the world.... Matthew 20:28? Isn't it also a christian idea to drink red wine and quote from luke 22:42? In I guess a ritual of salvation?

Apokatastasis? Universal restoration, everyone is apart of this promise? Even me? ;)

Isn't it a "christian idea" that he was born to die though? jesus dying for your sins... To save the world.... Matthew 20:28? Isn't it also a christian idea to drink red wine and quote from luke 22:42? In I guess a ritual of salvation?

Apokatastasis? Universal restoration, everyone is apart of this promise? Even me? ;)

The question is: What is sin? The Greek word for sin does not mean breaking the law as many thinks, it means to miss the mark or to fall short of ones purpose. In short, sin is disconnection from God. In that way, Jesus does die for our sins by defeating death and enabling us to follow his path.

I'm not gonna lie to you. This is one biblical perspective. I do not like to force the Bible into fitting with one view only. In this perspective one receives the spirit through faith, although faith is another Greek word that is often misunderstood. Faith is something active, something you act on, not just some intellectual position you have. There are ideas of cultivating this spirit through action (spoken of as being God's limbs in this world) by acting upon the spiritual principle (summed up as the Golden rule).
There are surely ideas that are similar to those of Stoic thought in this theology. The idea that receiving the spirit of God changes you to something better (although no complete change is to happen before "the end") and acting against the spirit brings you closer to being a beast.
The idea of apokatastasis can be said to be that Christ poured out his spirit to everyone and in the end God will restore everything through that seed. There is scriptural support for such an idea, but there are also scripture against it. And yes, that means that there is hope for you ;)

Namaste Selaphiel,

What do you think was his 'thorn'?

What do you think of the conjecture it the same as the troubles publicized by media plaguing priests today?

Namaste to you too Wil

I do not really have any idea of what this thorn is. Considering he says it is a "thorn in the flesh" (skolops te sarki), I would guess that it is a physical ailment, perhaps a serious disease of some kind. He uses it as some kind of identification with Christ, a suffering servant who is not exalted by anyone.

I do not think that his thorn is bad reputation like many priests today get from the media today, but the effect might be the same.

Back