Quotes and Memes

mail

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

"I'd like to say, 'Klatuu barada nikto' which roughly translated tonight means 'thank you from the bottom of my heart'. -- director Robert Wise

"It's the same grift, just different threads." -- Nightmare Alley

A long quote :)

Composed by George Harrison(RIP)

We were talking about the space between us all
And the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth
Then it's far too late
When they pass away

We were talking about the love we all could share
When we find it, to try our best to hold it there with our love
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew

Try to realise it's all within yourself
No one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
And life flows on within you and without you

We were talking about the love that's gone so cold
And the people who gain the world and lose their soul
They don't know
They can't see
Are you one of them?
When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find
Peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you

Back to the doors, thing. Two that make me grin:

'When one door closes, another ones slams in your face' and 'The light at the end of the tunnel is in fact a train coming right at you'

People who cultivate the Way need first off to not be selfish. This matter is not one which should be undertaken solely for the sake of insuring one's own security, but rather it should be out of the need to benefit the entire world. It's necessary to let go of one's self. It's not that one thinks, "In this respect and in that respect I'm really incomparably great!" Rather one must act out of concern for preserving the larger state of affairs.

Master Hsuan Hua, from Lotuses in the Spring Sun (Chwun-er Lyan-hwa), 102

Liberation produces selflessness; we lose our selfishness when we come to know the unity of the soul. By effort one can attain knowledge which leads to salvation. This is obvious; but what is called God, destiny or fate is fictitious and is not seen. The dull and the ignorant created God, which is none other than self-effort of a past incarnation affecting one.

Yoga-Vasistha
II:4

Do not seek for truth in any place except in the faculty which cognizes truth, which is your inmost self, for it alone can cognize truth.

It is the active brain-mind, filled with thoughts of the day, filled with desires of the hour, filled with the prejudices and opinions which are so transitory — and which more than anything else this active brain-mind is afflicted with — which prevent your visioning of the truth, prevent your obtaining the vision sublime.

G. de Purucker, Golden Precepts

Back