About Homosexuality and Religion

Bad side?

Teaching acceptance of others is needed at the earliest if ages.

Kids start playing doctor by kindergarten...time for sex ED and anatomy knowledge is before experimentation without guidance...or kooties.

The whole concept of bad stuff is part if the problem. When kids grew up in one room cabins it was obvious where babies came from.

The age if the prude which went in until the 50s is still negatively affecting us today!

Gambling is a choice, a behaviour. It is nothing like homosexuality, which is a sexual orientation. So I don't consider your comparison valid, or moral.
These bigoted attitudes cause real suffering to real people, both inside and outside your faith. It saddens me that you don't seem to care.

My comparison is not really of homosexuality and gambling but rather of my attitude towards people who do not adhere to, and believe in, the same thing I do.

Your judgement of me is inaccurate.

I do care and I am not a bigot

I do not mistreat people who believe differently than and I do and I don't think I should be mistreated because my beliefs differ from others.

Those who believe homosexuality is not forbidden for them & make the choice to live that lifestyle have the right to do so - without oppression or discrimination - just as I have the right to believe and make the choice to live as a Muslim. I support such freedom of choice and oppose those who do not - even those of my own Faith.

Might want to take another look at who is being bigoted.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
Bad side?

Teaching acceptance of others is needed at the earliest if ages.

Kids start playing doctor by kindergarten...time for sex ED and anatomy knowledge is before experimentation without guidance...or kooties.

The whole concept of bad stuff is part if the problem. When kids grew up in one room cabins it was obvious where babies came from.

The age if the prude which went in until the 50s is still negatively affecting us today!
Strange mixture here of latest cutting edge woke urban political correct and a harking back to the old days when good ole' folks lived in one room cabins and everyone accepted each other in the good ole days before they all turned prude?

Children might see mummy and daddy kissing and huggng, but they don't attach a sexual connotation, imo. And natural kindergarden curiosity has nothing to do with sexual judgement or non-acceptance.

I've said my piece here, on this thread I intended to stay clear of.

But if there's a need to labour it: Please, people, do not impose your woke gender politics on innocent children too young to judge others by race or gender. Hey teacher, leave those kids alone!

Last edited:
If ya wanna keep sex.talk outta school, leave your bibles at home!

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au...g-to-primary-school-children-about-sex#lp-h-4
This woke gender identification business is being taught to very young children in the UK from the very earliest schoolgoing age: from when they are starting to learn to read. Children are encouraged to 'transgender' without their parents' being included or even informed.

Encourage it if you like. I think it is very wrong. I think it is child abuse. We differ. I think it is this sort of woke interference in society that has a lot of responsibility for turning people toward conservative governments all over the world.

Ordinary reasonable folks are sick enough with the snowflake culture, without it being forced upon their own very young children at primary school.

Good luck with it ...

Last edited:
I don't get how you can "forbid" homosexuality, it's like trying to forbid blue eyes. Attitudes like this only hurt people.
The Baha'i Faith doesn't forbid homosexuality, it forbids homosexual sex. Trailblazer made the mistake of saying homosexuality instead of homosexual sex.

Woke snowflakes!

One thing is certain when folks say this is there last comment on a topic, it isn't.

Name calling is not part of civil discussion but often comes into play when emotions run strong.

My kids (mid 20s) shrug their shoulders at the issues folks of my generation have.

Just as I shake my head when I think of the misogynistic and racist attitudes of my parents generation.

Of course it isn't completely generational as prejudice is taught to the next gen by their parents, thankfully it doesn't take with all of us...and ever so slowly the world progresses (to the dismay of many obviously)

But this is why we in the US and other nations are not a democracy, we elect leaders we hope will have the entirety of the nation in consideration.

The Baha'i Faith doesn't forbid homosexuality, it forbids homosexual sex. Trailblazer made the mistake of saying homosexuality instead of homosexual sex.
Err....yay?

Again not gay, but what two consenting adults do in private is not only none of my business... I have no issues with them expressing their love in public.

When it comes to US politicians and religious leaders, those that speak the loudest often get caught with their pants down.

No, it is not a Baha'i teaching.

It is based upon logic.
Logic tells you that if people did not know they were homosexual from childhood, they could not have been born that way.

It is also based upon what some homosexuals say.
Many homosexuals say that it is a choice they make, not something they were born with.

There is no scientific evidence that homosexuals are born that way, it is just a myth.

How do they become homosexual? They decided to become homosexual.

Massive Study Finds No Single Genetic Cause of Same-Sex Sexual Behavior

'Born this way'? It's way more complicated than that

Is sexual orientation determined at birth? No.

‘I am gay – but I wasn’t born this way’
No, I disagree with you. While genes may not play much role in whether one is gay, it comes about by other factors the gay person has little control over. Sara did not decide to become gay, and most people do not decide to become gay. It is foisted upon them. Unfortunately you made the initial mistake in saying that the Baha'i Faith forbids homosexuality when the actual fact is that the Baha'i Faith forbids homosexual sex. Instead of clarifying that you meant homosexual sex, you went on this slant instead.

I think I understood her as she intended.

Edited to add: It's not a game of "choose the right word", where a syllable here or a comma there will alter the entire meaning. She came across quite clearly. I disagree with her fundamentally. That's all.

Last edited:
... most people do not decide to become gay. It is foisted upon them.

You make it sound like that's a misfortune. I disagree with that presentation.

Can you imagine a happy human being who is not ridden by some kind of guilt or shame regarding sexuality, regardless whether heterosexual or homosexual?

Again not gay, but what two consenting adults do in private is not only none of my business... I have no issues with them expressing their love in public.
It is none of my business what they do in private either or the Baha'i administration for Baha'is. If a Baha'i does this flagrantly in public it becomes an issue for Baha'i administration, and even then the LSA will not cause a Baha'i to lose their administration rights, which means they can't go to feast and lose voting rights but they are still considered Baha'i, until they sit with this person and try to help him stop this behavior. I can't find this right now but Shoghi Effendi said that unless the person repeatedly engaged in this activity bordering on insanity the person should not lose their voting rights. Bahai's are not to try to get the rest of society to enforce Baha'i laws such as forbidding homosexual sex. Today if a homosexual couple that is together or married are not required to break up their family to become Baha'is, because we believe in family.

You make it sound like that's a misfortune. I disagree with that presentation.

Can you imagine a happy human being who is not ridden by some kind of guilt or shame regarding sexuality, regardless whether heterosexual or homosexual?
It is a misfortune because homosexual behavior affects them spiritually, in my view. Of course, you will disagree. A sexual act outside of marriage causes physical pleasure, but this is temporary. The longer term spiritual welfare is more important. This lasts forever. Refraining from immoral acts causes more closeness to God, which in the final analysis, is all important. It causes true eternal bliss.

Woke snowflakes!

One thing is certain when folks say this is there last comment on a topic, it isn't.

Name calling is not part of civil discussion but often comes into play when emotions run strong.
Yes woke. Yes snowflakes. It is a very apt word for a society that 'de-platforms' speakers at universities etc, because the poor sensitive little darlings are too sensitive to be exposed to such difficult opinions as: We don't care what you want to be, or what you want to call yourself. Get real. The world is what it is. Nature is what it is. Wishing it away doesn't change it.

Lots of us have lots of problems of our own and we're totally not interested in constantly having to hear about whether or not you want to self identify as bi-gender third gender and demi-boy and to be addressed as zis or they, or whatever doesn't hurt you to take offence.

Be what you want to be. I don't care. Get out of my face.

Just please do not force your silly snowflake ideas upon other people's innocent children.

Idiots ...

Last edited:
But this is why we in the US and other nations are not a democracy, we elect leaders we hope will have the entirety of the nation in consideration.
In fact it is exactly why you in the US are a democracy! Normal ordinary folks are just so sick to the death of the sort of stuff in my comment above, that they are even prepared to go with a Trump to try to get rid of it. Lesser of two evils, in their opinion.

Last edited:
Oh my how emotions run high!

The house of cards is crumbling, the old guard lives in fear of their control being eroded and can't grock that is their very words and actions, their intolerance and venom that causes the youth, their children, to turn away.

The history, psychologists, analysts of social trends will have a field day with this in the near future. Will modern medicine be able to keep me alive long enough to see it?

Back