What denomination or sect are you?

I mean a person is entitled to say: 'There is no God.'

But not to say: 'Science proves there is no God.'

Science does not.

Literalist fundamentalism aside.

Last edited:
I mean a person is entitled to say: 'There is no God.'
But not to say: 'Science proves there is no God.' Science does not. Literalist fundamentalism aside.
And a person is correct in saying that no evidence has ever been offered for God, soul, heaven, hell, judgment or safe escape from judgment.
Or of the claims that such and such person was a prophet who knew future, or that this person was the son / messenger / manifestation / mahdi sent by a God /Allah.
And there are books and armies of people singing paeans of these people but none has offered any evidence.
Why then should I not believe in science? At least it shows evidence for what it can and keeps working on what it does not know.
Even if Einstein were an avowed theist, it would not have changed anything. This is plain fact before our eyes.
As for Dawkins, I have never read anything written by him. My atheism is from Hinduism and Buddhism.

Same old tired argument. To those who place their faith in God, the proof is all around us. To those who place their faith in man, no proof is sufficient. Even if God himself suddenly appeared before them, they'd still ask to see ID. and no doubt reject it as a forgery if it were given. :rolleyes:
The universe came into being in a single instant from nothing. Life arose from the dust. Where's the discrepancy with scripture? Modern science only makes it clearer, imo?
This! IMHO, science has done more to prove the existence of God than anything else.

Reactions: RJM
And a person is correct in saying that no evidence has ever been offered for God, soul, heaven, hell, judgment or safe escape from judgment.

Only if a person is referring to empirical evidence.

"Giddidit", but God would not care for the evil in the world.

Quran 4:78 - ...if a good thing visits them, they say, 'This is from God'; but if an evil thing visits them, they say, 'This is from thee.' Say: 'Everything is from God.'

Quran 4:78 .. if a good thing visits them, they say, 'This is from God'; but if an evil thing visits them, they say, 'This is from thee.' Say: 'Everything is from God.'
I ascribe neither good nor bad to any God.
Only if a person is referring to empirical evidence.
What other kind of evidence should we believe in? Fairy tales?

I like fairy tales especially scary ones, I respect God but faith prevents me from being scared. Anger and fear are negative attributes that separate us from God and the purity of His love. God represents light and darkness is overcome by Him.

I like fairy tales especially scary ones, I respect God but faith prevents me from being scared.
Anger and fear are negative attributes that separate us from God and the purity of His love. God represents light and darkness is overcome by Him.
There was a time when I liked scary fairy tales. I have outgrown that time. I have no fear, not even of death without any God.
All emotions are negative even love, because if we love something, we also hate something.
Light and darkness are because of sun or electricity.

I ascribe neither good nor bad to any God.What other kind of evidence should we believe in? Fairy tales?

You literally uploaded a pic of Rama on a previous post. I have to asume you neutrally uploaded it, with no reverance or goodwill, neither aversion nor satire, in which case I'm baffled as to why you would put up the picture of the god anyway

And a person is correct in saying that no evidence has ever been offered for God

incorrect .

My atheism is from Hinduism and Buddhism.

That literally makes no sense. Neither of those religions are atheist. The idea that the buddha is atheist is a glaring misunderstanding. That is not what the buddah teaches. Then again, you are perfect, so you must be right

You literally uploaded a pic of Rama on a previous post. I have to asume you neutrally uploaded it, with no reverance or goodwill, neither aversion nor satire, in which case I'm baffled as to why you would put up the picture of the god anyway
incorrect.
That literally makes no sense. Neither of those religions are atheist. The idea that the buddha is atheist is a glaring misunderstanding. That is not what the buddah teaches. Then again, you are perfect, so you must be right
I am a Hindu, though an atheist. Rama is culturally important to Hindus. No need to be baffled.
Well, your views.
Since I believe in non-duality, that precludes any belief in God/Gods/Goddesses. Yeah, Buddha cannot be termed as an atheist, he just dismissed the idea of God/Gods as irrelevant to the problems of people.

Nope. Flawed logic.
Attachment to anything other than one's duties (dharma) is a call to sorrow, both in Hinduism and in Buddhism.

"Yaḥ sarvatra anabhisnehah, tat tat prāpya śubha aśubham;
na abhinandati na dveṣṭi, tasya prajñā pratiṣṭhitā.
" BhagawqdGita 2.57

yaḥ - one who; sarvatra - everywhere; anabhisnehaḥ - without affection; tat - that; tat - that; prāpya - achieving; śubha - good; aśubham - evil; na - never; abhinandati - praises; na - never; dveṣṭi - envies; tasya - his; prajñā - intelligence; pratiṣṭhitā - well-grounded.

One who everywhere is unaffected by whatever good or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it, that person's intelligence is well-grounded.

Reactions: RJM
I ascribe neither good nor bad to any God.What other kind of evidence should we believe in? Fairy tales?

I did not suggest otherwise. You did however make comments about God and those who believe in Him. You claimed that religious peoples/religions views of God is that only good is ascribed to him while evil is ignored(at least that is how I understood your comment, my apologies if this is not the case), I showed that to be incorrect.

What other kind of evidence should we believe in? Fairy tales?

Fairy tales are a kind of evidence so I'm going to lean towards no on that one.

I am a big fan of deductive logic as evidence.

You claimed that religious peoples/religions views of God is that only good is ascribed to him while evil is ignored (at least that is how I understood your comment, my apologies if this is not the case), I showed that to be incorrect.
Fairy tales are a kind of evidence so I'm going to lean towards no on that one.
I am a big fan of deductive logic as evidence.
Did I? I don't remember that.
Fairy tales are sort of mental experiments. Situations, actions and their results. They have lessons for humans, even when they are in scriptures.
Sorry, I do not agree to that. If you were, you would have been an atheist like me. :)

Back