What denomination or sect are you?

Observation without condemnation...

Discussion without percussion...

Just a bit of internal exploration, contemplation and circumambulation.

Mea culpa

Reactions: RJM
Yes. Attack the argument please, not the person ...

@OrtaYol you are talking to someone who believes himself Perfect. Just let him condragulate himself, it really is not even a discussion.
Well, you've claimed pretty much the same, so should I stop interacting with you?

Did I? I don't remember that.

Well, you are pretty old, you could just scroll up of course. :D

Fairy tales are sort of mental experiments. Situations, actions and their results. They have lessons for humans, even when they are in scriptures.

So because fairy tales contain lessons(what doesn't?) they are a type of evidence?

I did not suggest otherwise. You did however make comments about God and those who believe in Him. You claimed that religious peoples/religions views of God is that only good is ascribed to him while evil is ignored (at least that is how I understood your comment, my apologies if this is not the case), I showed that to be incorrect.
Aupmanyav said:
"Goddidit", but God would not care for the evil in the world.

That is what I said. If evil exists in the world, then surely, it is God's doing. Why should he not be blamed for it? Did I say anything wrong? Where did you prove that what I said was incorrect?

And this what you mentioned: Quran 4:78 - .. Say: 'Everything is from God.'
Basically, I too said the same thing.

Last edited:
..That is what I said. If evil exists in the world, then surely, it is God's doing. Why should he not be blamed for it? Did I say anything wrong? Where did you prove that what I said was incorrect?

You can say that "G-d is to blame", in the sense that He allows us to commit evil.
That does not mean that G-d WANTS us to commit evil .. does it?

If you say that G-d could have made us without free-will, that is pretty obvious .. but clearly, not the case.

Evil is born out of ignorance. Yet the kingdom of heaven resides within. So how does one who is born out of the earth, out of god, do evil? One may eat animals not knowing the process of Factory Farming, in doing so one is a direct acomplice to evil doing in the world. This cruelty is treated as a manner of minor importance once discovered, an unconvience to our lives, and so it is not made conscious, it is not something we are willing to look into or change. This is karma, known as judgement of the true awareness upon one's action, or failure to act, while attached to the ego.
Why is there ignorance?
Because of unconsciousness.
Why is there unconsciousness?
Because of clinging, desire, ego.
Why is there clinging, desire, ego?
because of craving born from karma.

You can say that "G-d is to blame", in the sense that He allows us to commit evil.
That does not mean that G-d WANTS us to commit evil .. does it?
If you say that G-d could have made us without free-will, that is pretty obvious .. but clearly, not the case.
Why is it not the case?

God didn't want mindless drones and without free will that's all we'd be. God wants our behavior to be genuine. Thus, the ability to choose good or evil, is ours and ours alone. All major religions spell out exactly what is and is not expected of us and the consequences thereof. The rest is up to us.

Aupmanyav said:
"Goddidit", but God would not care for the evil in the world.

That is what I said. If evil exists in the world, then surely, it is God's doing. Why should he not be blamed for it? Did I say anything wrong? Where did you prove that what I said was incorrect?

"God would not care for the evil in the world" does not mean "If evil exists in the world, then surely, it is God's doing. Why should he not be blamed for it?"

It means "if there was a God, He would not accept responsibility" or "those who follow God refuse to attribute evil to Him". The line I posted from the Quran shows the former to be incorrect and the latter to be a false belief, by Muslims at least.

If evil exists in the world, then surely, it is God's doing.
Ah, there it is, the cry since the dawn of time: Not my fault.

Why should he not be blamed for it? Did I say anything wrong? Where did you prove that what I said was incorrect?
Logic, old chum.

God creates wo/man with free will. Wo/man chooses to do that which s/he knows is contra to the good — and it's God's fault for giving wo/man free will, the right to make informed choices.

We've raised three kids: We hope We've raised them to think for themselves. Have we done wrong? Should we have conditioned them not to think for themselves?

Ah, there it is, the cry since the dawn of time: Not my fault.
We've raised three kids: We hope We've raised them to think for themselves. Have we done wrong? Should we have conditioned them not to think for themselves?
I am sure that when they did wrong you corrected them. God sees the problems caused by free will and still persists! He should have realized his mistake by now.

am sure that when they did wrong you corrected them. God sees the problems caused by free will and still persists! He should have realized his mistake by now.
Are you saying life is better without free will? If so should humanity been programed like animals to carryout specific tasks in accordance with their species? tiger, monkey, baboon, fish etc. Humans are not hardwired if we were, perhaps we wouldn't complain or have emotions such as love, happiness and even grief.

I prefer to think like a human than an animal.

Are you saying life is better without free will? If so should humanity been programed like animals to carryout specific tasks in accordance with their species? tiger, monkey, baboon, fish etc..

I prefer to think like a human than an animal.

Oh, I don't know .. it's more of a gamble.
Other creatures that inhabit the universe have their natures, but they are not blameworthy.
..but mankind? ...

There was a little girl,
Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
When she was good,
She was very, very good,
But when she was bad, she was horrid.

Sometimes humans behave worse than animals.
Nevertheless .. it is no mistake. We have been given responsibility.
Some people don't seem to like that

First thing, what made God (if there is a God or Allah) to create the universe (real or imaginary, whatever)?

I don't know but that doesn't mean God does not exist or what made Him. It is OK that I do not have all the answers.

Back