What denomination or sect are you?

The Old Faith - The Religion of the GODS not to be confused conventional or neo paganism.
I quote a bit from your manifesto, for discussion:

"... Evils are again being permitted and endorsed, rampant liberalism has infected politics and religion and all other spheres of society, liberalism by its nature is non-religious, a certain amount of liberalism is needed [or] else nothing would ever progress, but if left unchecked you get a situation where it runs away like now, where it becomes increasingly difficult for Moderates and Conservatives alike to reign it back in.

This leads to clear polarization and division amongst humanity which if left unchecked can only be resolved with a massive civil war. It should never have gone this far, the world was left unbalanced due to Monotheism's insistence on removing woman from religion, that created a massive imbalance in the world, leading to all manner of ills we experience today, like single parent households, Gender Dysphoria, Gender Neutrality and Transgender, as well as hate and resentment between the sexes.

None of these should ever have been an issue, and if there was it should have been minor traces of it. Instead the natural balance of the world was scared when woman was relegated to being submissive subjects instead of equal partners. All the issues I just listed are completely unnatural and should not even have been around to be an issue, if not for the unnatural act of removing woman from religion ..."

Full text here:
https://www.interfaith.org/community/members/20818/
click information

You might want to take a gander at the fellow’s website. The link is on his profile page

You might want to take a gander at the fellow’s website. The link is on his profile page
I did. There are some very interesting things there, especially in the description of the 18 Gods/esses. Not my cup of absinthe. But interesting.

Reactions: RJM
The old is new on me!

Am In guessing not Norse,Greek, or Roman gods either?

Can you help us with who these GODS are?
It's the Greek Gods, you can say it's a form of Hellenism, but there is 18 main gods that forms the basis of the Religion, why I say that it's not related to modern day paganism is, in the old days it wasn't called paganism, paganism simply means non main stream religion, as it was the main stream religion of the time, Christianity in fact would have been seen as paganism back then, modern day paganism isn't a religion, its a liberal belief system without any real rules ext. The Old Faith brings back the Religion of the Gods as an actual religion with morality ext. Also it lays to rest the mythology aspects of it and doesn't just view the GODS as archetypes but as the very fabric and foundation of creation.

It's the Greek Gods, you can say it's a form of Hellenism, but there is 18 main gods that forms the basis of the Religion, why I say that it's not related to modern day paganism is, in the old days it wasn't called paganism, paganism simply means non main stream religion, as it was the main stream religion of the time, Christianity in fact would have been seen as paganism back then, modern day paganism isn't a religion, its a liberal belief system without any real rules ext. The Old Faith brings back the Religion of the Gods as an actual religion with morality ext. Also it lays to rest the mythology aspects of it and doesn't just view the GODS as archetypes but as the very fabric and foundation of creation.
It is new, this religion was revived recently by Rain Draken, you can see the book Liber Deorum on Amazon if you want more information regarding this belief system, it was revived by the guidance of the Gods over a long period of time and finally released this year, so I am not surprised that many of you haven't heard about it yet.

I just read the webpage.

I have to say, I like Prometheus. So that means I get to live on Mars? Cool!

I just read the webpage.

I have to say, I like Prometheus. So that means I get to live on Mars? Cool!

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids.
In fact it's cold as hell.
And there's no one there to raise them if you did.

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids.
In fact it's cold as hell.
And there's no one there to raise them if you did.
The Mars I am talking about isn't the Mars as it currently is, it needs to be terraformed first, made livable, this isn't a short term solution, it's a long term solution, but in the long run it is a solution, the situation as one can see in the world right now is that conservatives are pulling one way, liberals the other way and the middle is disappearing fast. People instead of talking rationally about issues and seeking some sort of workable middle ground, is instead completely ignoring one another and the problem just gets worse day by day. This is leading to dissaster having a binary planet system that one can dedicate one to mostly conservatives and one to mostly liberals, will reduce conflict and both can then live in their own utopia.

The Mars I am talking about isn't the Mars as it currently is, it needs to be terraformed first, made livable, this isn't a short term solution, it's a long term solution, but in the long run it is a solution, the situation as one can see in the world right now is that conservatives are pulling one way, liberals the other way and the middle is disappearing fast. People instead of talking rationally about issues and seeking some sort of workable middle ground, is instead completely ignoring one another and the problem just gets worse day by day. This is leading to dissaster having a binary planet system that one can dedicate one to mostly conservatives and one to mostly liberals, will reduce conflict and both can then live in their own utopia.
It isn't so far out of reach as everyone might think as well, as we speak Elon Musk is making advancements into traveling to mars, meteor mining will also provide mars with lots of resources, and if funding is upped on earth for this endeavour things can get done rapidly.

I was simply quoting Elton John in response to the idea that Mars is 'cool'. Terraforming Mars and keeping it terraformed raises a lot of problems because of the lack of a strong magnetic field. But that would take us far away from the topic of this thread.

Reactions: RJM
This is leading to dissaster having a binary planet system that one can dedicate one to mostly conservatives and one to mostly liberals, will reduce conflict and both can then live in their own utopia.
I think this may be a US perception, or at least a 'global north' perception? In most of the rest of the world people are dealing with problems other than political liberal/conservative divisions?

It is not the case in nearly all of Africa, in Russia, in China, in most Arab countries, in Afghanistan ... the list goes on. Not everyone is as obsessed with US politics as most Americans think?
I was simply quoting Elton John in response to the idea that Mars is 'cool'. Terraforming Mars and keeping it terraformed raises a lot of problems because of the lack of a strong magnetic field. But that would take us far away from the topic of this thread.
We can't even fix our own planet, lol

I know you were only quoting but I am saying what Mars means to me on the website, off course it will be difficult but it is not impossible, as it is liberals are saying that their way of live is better than conservatives and vice versa, neither are interested in middle ground, with a binary planet system, one will be able to have both, in fact liberals will have the planet from the start to do with what they want, so they can make laws and regulations that would never fly on earth. It is a solution that will avoid all out war in the end, because if this current trend continues the only alternative will be a devastating war.

in fact liberals will have the planet from the start to do with what they want, so they can make laws and regulations that would never fly on earth
Why not conservatives instead?

I think this may be a US perception, or at least a 'global north' perception? I most of the rest of the world people are dealing with other problems than political liberal/conservative divisions.

It is not the case in nearly all of Africa, in Russia, in China, in most Arab countries, in Afghanistan ... the list goes on. Not everyone is as obsessed with US politics as most Americans think?

We can't even fix our own planet, l
I think this may be a US perception, or at least a 'global north' perception? I most of the rest of the world people are dealing with other problems than political liberal/conservative divisions.

We can't even fix our own planet, lol
We can't fix our own planet because we can't agree on anything, and yes USA is at the forefront of this conservative vs liberal battle, the other places you mentioned like the middle east and Russia are conservative, Africa is in various stages of development so survival is mostly of more importance than worrying about conservative or liberal, and by the way they are mostly conservatives, in South Africa for instance this is also a debate, there are conservatives from all countries that are lets say Pro Trump for conservatives and on the Left lets say Pro Deep State. The thing about the USA is yes, it may not be the whole world but it is the worlds mightiest super power and as such what happens in the states at some point spills all over to the rest. USA makes a new law, soon you will find that laws being introduced elsewhere. And even if the United States, Europe ext. had massive civil wars, that would also be devestating to the world don't you think?

Why not conservatives instead?
Conservatives are much more if you factor in the whole of the world than first world liberals which isn't even half of said countries. Another reason why liberals should be the ones going not conservatives is, the fact that conservatives by nature is restrictive and cautious of change, where as liberals are much more gung ho and as they say it progressive not caring for what consequences might arise, therefore it will be much easier for liberals to go to a new world than it would be for conservatives, another reason is that conservatives are pro heterosexual, anti-abortion hence they procreate a lot more than say LGBTQ supporters who cant get children accept by enlisting the aid of the opposite sex and who are pro abortion, thus they will be able to survive on a much smaller planet than conservatives as their numbers will be a lot less. Also their has been a lot of laws and regulations made on planet earth with conservative bias, so for liberals to have a fresh start it will be easy for them to start with a completely clean slate and then they can show the world if their way is better than the conservative way, without any interference from conservatives.

We can't fix our own planet because we can't agree on anything, and yes USA is at the forefront of this conservative vs liberal battle, the other places you mentioned like the middle east and Russia are conservative, Africa is in various stages of development so survival is mostly of more importance than worrying about conservative or liberal, and by the way they are mostly conservatives, in South Africa for instance this is also a debate, there are conservatives from all countries that are lets say Pro Trump for conservatives and on the Left lets say Pro Deep State. The thing about the USA is yes, it may not be the whole world but it is the worlds mightiest super power and as such what happens in the states at some point spills all over to the rest. USA makes a new law, soon you will find that laws being introduced elsewhere. And even if the United States, Europe ext. had massive civil wars, that would also be devestating to the world don't you think?
Ok. But rather than further derailing this 'denomination or sect' thread it will be better to start a new thread for the political discussion?

Back