Refutation of The Pauline Conspiracy, take two

No .. this is pure assumption.
We know what Jesus specifically taught. There are 4 gospels in the Bible [ for some reason ] .. we can specifically see what Jesus taught from these. That's all.

The gospel of Luke was written by some unknown author who relied on unspecified second hand accounts, who is assumed a pal of the false prophet Paul. Mark, some unknown author, who was assumed a pal of the "worthless shepherd", Peter, who is suspect on those grounds alone. John's gospel was more weighted as a commentary of John than a witness to the testimony of Yeshua. All these "gospels" were edited by the Roman church, including Matthew. If you want to know what Yeshua brought to light, you might want to first look to the Scriptures, the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17). That is his source material.

The forum is the court, not the poster. If you want to defend Paul, go ahead.

The forum is the court, not the poster. If you want to defend Paul, go ahead.
I was talking about balanced homepage for the forums as a whole but never mind ...

Roman emperor Constantine, the 7th head of the beast, another beast, of Revelation 13 & 17. In general, those church followers carry the mark of the beast. Not good for them (Revelation 19:20).
How so? Proof please. Looks to me like another boogie man witch hunt.

Particularly if Revelations "was more weighted as a commentary of John than a witness to the testimony of Yeshua," because clearly if the author of one book (Gospel of John) is called into question, then surely his companion book (Revelations) is also to be called into question.

Last edited:
Matthew 23:7-8 is where Yeshua said there is only one Rabbi/teacher, and that would be the Spirit of God, and he told his disciples to not be called Rabbi.
Yeshua also says not to call any earthly man your father in that passage. Do you have a father? I fully understand the drift of what Yeshua was teaching, it wasn't literal. He often taught in similes and parables and other linguistic devices. Further, to follow the verse back to the subject, Yeshua was admonishing the Scribes and Pharisees "which sit in the seat of Moses."

But that's Matthew anyway, and according to you it has been edited by the Roman church, so the argument is moot and meaningless.

John's message was that one does not need a teacher/Rabbi if they have the anointing of the Spirit of God (1 John 2:27) which manifest itself in the Word of God, the law and the prophets. It is the one who practices "righteousness" who is born of God, not someone who professes to be saved, and then relies on Caesar for their protection. (1 John 2:29)
Do you practice righteousness, inerrantly? Regardless, this is just "a commentary of John (not) a witness to the testimony of Yeshua."

Tell me, Interlinear or Peshitta?

Last edited:
But proper courts and decent publications are expected to present both sides of the story?
Not necessarily. Frankly, I don't want a prosecutor defending me in court while at the same time prosecuting me. That is the essence of debate, having two sides present their arguments for and against. One can't expect a presenter "against" shall we say, to provide equal air time to "for." In that sense, 2ndpillar is correct, the forum serves the purpose of the court, the reader serves as jury, G-d is the judge.

Fair enough -- no I just googled up some examples so you can have three out of sixteen. It doesn't change the fact I was just showing that there are multiple New Testament instances of where Jesus was referred to as 'Rabbi'
There is no denying Yeshua served the role of Rabbi. He argued with the Temple priests at the age of 10 or 12 - that religious arguments occurred is no wonder, Jewish religious scholars had done so long before and continue to this day. The old adage "ask 4 rabbis and get 5 answers" comes directly from this. What was astonishing is that a pre-teen young man was knowledgeable enough to go toe to toe with the Temple priest. So returning to Mohammed_Isa's comment of disbelief that Yeshua, let alone his followers, would be observant of the 613 (+/-, I forget) religious Laws, I think this incident from his youth demonstrates pretty conclusively he knew full well what to do and what not to do according to Jewish tradition.

Further, in the past Bananabrain brought the works of Geza Vermes to my attention, and which I have read one of them "Jesus the Jew." According to Vermes, Yeshua was an itinerant rabbi / healer, and he suggests there was a tradition of such men that wandered the countryside.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
The gospel of Luke was written by some unknown author who relied on unspecified second hand accounts, who is assumed a pal of the false prophet Paul. Mark, some unknown author, who was assumed a pal of the "worthless shepherd", Peter, who is suspect on those grounds alone. John's gospel was more weighted as a commentary of John than a witness to the testimony of Yeshua. All these "gospels" were edited by the Roman church, including Matthew. If you want to know what Yeshua brought to light, you might want to first look to the Scriptures, the Law and the prophets (Matthew 5:17). That is his source material.
The same question I have posed MANY times to detractors of Paul (including Mr Garaffa) and have yet to receive even just one single answer, what does Christianity look like without all of these key players? What benefit to believers? What edification purpose? Why not just be Jewish and be done with it all?

This is the point at which every one of them, to a man, tucked tail and ran away.

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
..So returning to Mohammed_Isa's comment of disbelief that Yeshua, let alone his followers, would be observant of the 613 (+/-, I forget) religious Laws, I think this incident from his youth demonstrates pretty conclusively he knew full well what to do and what not to do according to Jewish tradition.

You're very confused. It was you who suggested that Jesus followed noahide laws. I think he followed Jewish laws.
What he IS reported to have done, is to point out hypocrisy and exaggeration in their interpretation.

Jesus did not nullify Jewish law .. that would be a Christian interpretation / belief.

You're very confused. It was you who suggested that Jesus followed noahide laws. I think he followed Jewish laws.
What he IS reported to have done, is to point out hypocrisy and exaggeration in their interpretation.

Jesus did not nullify Jewish law .. that would be a Christian interpretation / belief.
No I did not, ad hominem notwithstanding. Please reread what I wrote.

Last edited:
jt3 said:
Then you have the (613?) Biblical Laws an observant Jew must follow (there's a LOT more than just the 10 Commandments), but non-Jews are only obligated to the Noachide Laws, which most observe by their Human Nature anyway.

Is that what Jesus, peace be with him, taught???

jt3 said:
That is what Jesus LIVED. So did ALL of his immediate followers. So if he taught by example, as a teacher of his caliber must, then your answer is yes.

For the record...

Last edited:
I'm confused here, you dismiss Matthew when convenient, then quote Matthew when convenient (literally, the very next sentence)? How are we to know, if what you say here is true, that the passage you quote was not, as you said, edited by the Roman church?

I don't know your motivation, but you can't have it both ways. If the books are worthless, quoting them to argue your point is disingenuous.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Frankly, I don't want a prosecutor defending me in court while at the same time prosecuting me
I don't mean that and I did not infer that. I seem to be expressing myself very badly. I meant that where there is a prosecuting article there should be a defending article alongside it. That's the essence of fair reporting. But I guess that's a principle lost in the 21st century internet age. I really don't care to argue that much about it ... but that was my training and I guess old habits run deep

Last edited:
The same question I have posed MANY times to detractors of Paul (including Mr Garaffa) and have yet to receive even just one single answer, what does Christianity look like without all of these key players? What benefit to believers? What edification purpose? Why not just be Jewish and be done with it all?

This is the point at which every one of them, to a man, tucked tail and ran away.

I have no stakes in any of the sides here, just want to throw in that there were some Christian(-inspired) groups back then who had other scripture: Ebionites and some Gnostic sects, some of whom may not have relied on Pauline theology.

So we may have fragments of scripture of what could loosely be called non-Pauline Christian groups, as examples of what such a strain of Christianity could have looked like.

I have no stakes in any of the sides here, just want to throw in that there were some Christian(-inspired) groups back then who had other scripture: Ebionites and some Gnostic sects, some of whom may not have relied on Pauline theology.

So we may have fragments of scripture of what could loosely be called non-Pauline Christian groups, as examples of what such a strain of Christianity could have looked like.
Agreed, both the Ebionites and the Nazareans were essentially Messianic Jews, and both were obliterated by the Romans and today constitute basically historical footnotes. What tiny remnant remained were steamrolled by other Christian factions, and disowned by Judaism proper. That puts them in a bit of a no-man's land, and why I say just convert to Judaism and be done with it.

I found this:
wiki said:
The following creed is from a church at Constantinople at the same period, and condemns practices of the Nazarenes:

I renounce all customs, rites, legalisms, unleavened breads & sacrifices of lambs of the Hebrews, and all other feasts of the Hebrews, sacrifices, prayers, aspersions, purifications, sanctifications and propitiations and fasts, and new moons, and Sabbaths, and superstitions, and hymns and chants and observances and Synagogues, and the food and drink of the Hebrews; in one word, I renounce everything Jewish, every law, rite and custom and if afterwards I shall wish to deny and return to Jewish superstition, or shall be found eating with the Jews, or feasting with them, or secretly conversing and condemning the Christian religion instead of openly confuting them and condemning their vain faith, then let the trembling of Gehazi cleave to me, as well as the legal punishments to which I acknowledge myself liable. And may I be anathema in the world to come, and may my soul be set down with Satan and the devils."
ref: Nazarene (sect) - Wikipedia

I've already documented Constantine's anti-Semitism, and while there are those among us here who downplayed it at the time, I did say that his anti-Semitism became institutionalized - and this passage vindicates and validates my statement back then.

Last edited:
For the record...

I apologise .. I read it differently .. the last sentence was not specific.
Furthermore, if you are saying that Jesus and his disciples followed Jewish law [ which I believe ], that has no bearing on Jesus teaching non-Jews to follow noahide laws.

That would not be a commandment from God, would it, and I don't see where Jesus said it.

It is true, the Noahide Laws are not spelled out in the Old Testament as such.

However:
wiki said:
In Judaism, the Seven Laws of Noah (Hebrew: שבע מצוות בני נח‎, Sheva Mitzvot B'nei Noach), otherwise referred to as the Noahide Laws or the Noachian Laws (from the Hebrew pronunciation of "Noah"), are a set of imperatives which, according to the Talmud, were given by God as a binding set of universal moral laws for the "sons of Noah" – that is, all of humanity.

According to the Jewish law, non-Jews (gentiles) are not obligated to convert to Judaism, but they are required to observe the Seven Laws of Noah to be assured of a place in the World to Come (Olam Ha-Ba), the final reward of the righteous. The non-Jews that choose to follow the Seven Laws of Noah are regarded as "Righteous Gentiles" (Hebrew: חסיד אומות העולם‎, Chassid Umot ha-Olam: "Pious People of the World").

The Seven Laws of Noah include prohibitions against worshipping idols, cursing God, murder, adultery and sexual immorality, theft, eating flesh torn from a living animal, as well as the obligation to establish courts of justice.

Judaic traditions are not my strong suit, I usually deferred to Bananabrain or Dauer. My understanding, like Islam has Hadith, Judaism has oral traditions that Jesus would have been familiar with (I quoted Bananabrain saying exactly that). A minor portion of that oral tradition later written down includes this about the Noahide Laws.

While the New Testament does not explicitly state that Jesus did teach this, one must consider that his exposure to non-Jews was limited. There are recorded instances, but they were few, and among those the subject didn't appear to come up, or at least was not recorded. I would add that clearly Paul was familiar with this as well, as I've already pointed to Romans (2:14), specifically:
emphasis mine, -jt3

After further consideration, perhaps the closest that comes to mind is Jesus conveying the story of the Good Samaritan. While the subject of Noahide Law is not explicit, from his position it seems to me expressly implied.

Last edited:
In Judaism, the Seven Laws of Noah (Hebrew: שבע מצוות בני נח‎, Sheva Mitzvot B'nei Noach), otherwise referred to as the Noahide Laws or the Noachian Laws (from the Hebrew pronunciation of "Noah"), are a set of imperatives which, according to the Talmud, were given by God as a binding set of universal moral laws for the "sons of Noah" – that is, all of humanity.

Sure .. but one has to be careful with assuming that the beliefs of the Pharisees are/were beyond question.
Jesus has the authority from God [ as the Messiah ], to differentiate between truth and falsehood . Why would they want to get rid of God's messengers, if all their laws and interpretations were true?

It is only a Jewish belief that they have "no duty to the gentiles" .. i.e. it is their religion, and they have no responsibility to educate others

Prophet Abraham establlshed a place of worship in the desert with Hagar's son Ishmael, but after a number of generations, the Arabs had returned to idolatry. This has been happening in human society throughout time.

Sure .. but one has to be careful with assuming that the beliefs of the Pharisees are/were beyond question.
Jesus has the authority from God [ as the Messiah ], to differentiate between truth and falsehood . Why would they want to get rid of God's messengers, if all their laws and interpretations were true?

It is only a Jewish belief that they have "no duty to the gentiles" .. i.e. it is their religion, and they have no responsibility to educate others......
I always find it fascinating perusing the comments of non-Jews “explaining” Judaism.

Judaic traditions are not my strong suit, I usually deferred to Bananabrain or Dauer.
I think both would explained why describing, as you have, Jesus as a rabbi would be incorrect.

I think both would explained why describing, as you have, Jesus as a rabbi would be incorrect.
----
jt3 said:
It's like there are two distinct individuals; Yeshua the renegade rabbi (meant as a compliment), and Jesus the mythological analogue to G-d.

Bananbrain said:
that's certainly how it seems to me. clearly the guy had some questionable teaching methods (violating the sabbath for of dubious reasons if you ask me) but equally clearly he had a genius for getting to the moral heart of a situation.

In BB's own words. Further, he has pointed me to works by Geza Vermes and Prof. James Kugel, both of whom wrote extensively on Jesus' Jewishness and his being considered a Rabbi (albeit a rather unorthodox one).

Ask 4 Rabbis and get 5 answers...

So if in your view Jesus is not a Rabbi, what was he in your view?

Back