Questions from a Doubting Christian

"administrative edit"

I put the initial dialogue with questions answered by dor up at another forum to get additional insight

Apparently they didn't take too kindly to your cut and paste of someone elses words from another forum, my friend.

v/r

Joshua

they made it apparant, yes. i wil lbe sure to cite next time.

Actually that depends...Christians read with the Holy Spirit.
Humanist read with their heart. Catholics can not read without the church, Mormans can not read without the Prophet and their extra books, JW can not read without the watchtower.

Hi
Really a good post.
Thanks
I am an Ahmadi- a peaceful faith in Islam

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess the Lord Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:5-11
phillipians 2;5-11 very true indeed, Jehovah has given his son great aurthority , Daniel 7;13-14 and looking to Gods heavenly kingdom goverment is the way to go as it is the only way to peace on the earth Daniel 2;44. I am waving my symbolic palm branch to welcome Jehovahs installed king Jesus christ REVELATION 7;9-10 yes all this is to the Glory of God the father Jehovah .Gods purpose to have humans living in a paradise earth for ever ,in peaceful conditions will all come about according to Gods purpose. and Jesus plays a very big part in Gods purpose.

very true indeed, Jehovah has given his son great aurthority...

first you post that all knees will bow to jehovah, then i show you where it also says that all knees will bow to jesus. then you agree. so you are then saying that jesus is god, one in the same, because to have the same glory of all nations bowing before you and confessing that he alone is Lord is only to God. so i am glad you agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee
PSALM 83;18

Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess the Lord Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:5-11

Jesus Christ is above all things.

"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him." 1 Peter 3:21-22

Everything is subject to Jesus Christ

"Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, from my mouth has gone forth in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.’" Isaiah 45:22-23

Jesus is God.

Christians read with the Holy Spirit. Humanist read with their heart. Catholics can not read without the church, Mormans can not read without the Prophet and their extra books, JW can not read without the watchtower.

and jews cannot read without the original, with the oral interpretation that everyone else ignores!

hehehehehe

b'shalom

bananabrain

first you post that all knees will bow to jehovah, then i show you where it also says that all knees will bow to jesus. then you agree. so you are then saying that jesus is god, one in the same, because to have the same glory of all nations bowing before you and confessing that he alone is Lord is only to God. so i am glad you agree.
Jesus has been given great aurthority, and his father Jehovah gave it to him Daniel 7;13-14 and as it says in phillipians, to the glory of God the father.

Jesus has been given great aurthority, and his father Jehovah gave it to him Daniel 7;13-14 and as it says in phillipians, to the glory of God the father.
then god says he does not give his glory to another. yet he gives authority of salvation, and to forgive sins, lordship, kingship, he gives judgement to the son, and he gives him a seat on the throne of god, and he has all angels, and principalities and powers worship the son. he does not share his glory with another god, because jesus is god. i know you want to devalue the diety of jesus christ, but it is in opposition of the proclamations that god the father himself makes concerning who jesus christ is. you see jesus says glory to the father, and at the same time god gives glory to the son. one in the same.

Is​
Jesus Christ actually God?

John 17:3, RS: "[Jesus prayed to his Father:] This is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God ["who alone art truly God," NE], and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." (Notice that Jesus referred not to himself but to his Father in heaven as "the only true God.")​
John 20:17, RS: "Jesus said to her [Mary Magdalene], ‘Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’" (So to the resurrected Jesus, the Father was God, just as the Father was God to Mary Magdalene. Interestingly, not once in Scripture do we find the Father addressing the Son as "my God.")

Is​
Jesus Christ actually God?

John 17:3, RS: "[Jesus prayed to his Father:] This is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God ["who alone art truly God," NE], and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent." (Notice that Jesus referred not to himself but to his Father in heaven as "the only true God.")
John 20:17, RS: "Jesus said to her [Mary Magdalene], ‘Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’" (So to the resurrected Jesus, the Father was God, just as the Father was God to Mary Magdalene. Interestingly, not once in Scripture do we find the Father addressing the Son as "my God.")
Mee, appreciate your concern, and understand your take on Christian issues. Time to stop cut and paste. I'm not asking. CR is specific - no more cut and paste.

V/r

Joshua

Mee, appreciate your concern, and understand your take on Christian issues. Time to stop cut and paste. I'm not asking. CR is specific - no more cut and paste.

V/r

Joshua
whats wrong with the bible .?

whats wrong with the bible .?
I believe, anyone may correct me if I'm wrong... Q is not indicating anything is wrong with the bible...and to your credit many if not most here cut and paste the bible and other sources regularly. The difference is some just cut and paste, there exists no personal commentary. No personal thoughts about what the cut and paste means to them.

Due to some of this we don't know who the real mee is... all we get is cut and paste or regurgitated material...uh oh...I think the same has been said about me, mee!

wait a minute, noone knows if you are a dude or a dudette? what is up with that, wil. why do people feel the need to hide? we're just chatting! there shouldn't be any fear amongst brothers.

wait a minute, noone knows if you are a dude or a dudette? what is up with that, wil. why do people feel the need to hide? we're just chatting! there shouldn't be any fear amongst brothers.
Leo, while folks have been toying with you a little, I think it has been made fairly clear to you that mee is a he. One of the foibles of online, gender is easy to confuse. I've done it numerous times.

Leo, while folks have been toying with you a little, I think it has been made fairly clear to you that mee is a he. One of the foibles of online, gender is easy to confuse. I've done it numerous times.

That's interesting because at another forum mee posts by the username may and everyone there is convinced mee/may is female. I've been reading his/her posts for more than two years and I still have no idea...so I guess the joke is on us!

Sneaky Pete, and Re-Pete, does it matter? After two years, Mee is a force to be reconned with. (steadfast in belief).

th

Josh

Sneaky Pete, and Re-Pete, does it matter? After two years, Mee is a force to be reconned with. (steadfast in belief).

th

Josh

i agree completely! the only thing that impresses the heck out me is that he/she is highly disciplined, no doubt, but still he/she shouldn't have to hide, right? all i want to know is if a man or a woman is preaching to me. thats all.

i agree completely! the only thing that impresses the heck out me is that he/she is highly disciplined, no doubt, but still he/she shouldn't have to hide, right? all i want to know is if a man or a woman is preaching to me. thats all.

LOL, you haven't read all of Mee's posts. Sometimes Mee gets personal, all in all it does not matter whether male nor female (except to the ignorant).

Mee contributes in an non confrontational way...something the rest of so called Christians should consider...

The way I see it is, if it's a man he's more likely to be shy about revealing his masculine identity, as men are usually shy and embarrassed about really deeply personal things. If it's a woman, she probably wouldn't have a problem as women seem to express themselves more, pouring themselves out and even revealing personal aspects of their lives.

It might sound a bit weird for a man to be shy about his real identity online, but it's something you kind of get used to when you're online. Once you're used to people not knowing if you're male and female, it's something you'd like to hide. When someone finds out . . . Aaaaaaaah!!!!

If mee doesn't saying anything about his/her masculine/feminine identity, then he/she might be . . . a man.

I could be wrong though, and talking about a particular kind of male/female personality, the types i've seen and heard. I can only discern the possibility based on my finite experience. I suppose in other situations women would be more shy than men. I may have only seen things from one angle.

Or maybe you shouldn't try and find out at all. Some things are better not known and left undiscovered.:eek:

I guess it's something we'd all like to know. It's hard to imagine a sexless, genderless being on the other side of the world talking to you. Maybe it's like listening to music and not knowing whether it's rock, heavy metal, bass or jazz. Am I talking to a tree, river or a rock?

Back