New HOMEPAGE Design by Aupmanyav

I still think the 'World Religions' header should go. It does nothing there, imo

Niggles:
Lose the full-stop after the word 'welcome' on the moving line, it's clunky
The top line: 'beliefs' could be 'belief'

I would have nothing to add. It looks great and works great, with or without images or sound, imo

Thanks again

Last edited:
all good! really growing on me... I like the scroll...It catches your eye and is almost like a welcome matt....come on in.

Did the font grow some? on my phone it all got a little crowded.

I agree the world religions is an unnecessary hangover from our outgoing page

all kudos

Check the site again after two or three minutes. Perhaps you will like that even better. I have brought the six buttons above the text marquee.
The font problem has been corrected.
Whether the marquee an 'world religions' is necessary or not is for admin to decide.
Yeah, sure. We need to finalize all hover texts.
Just don't get flustered. The world is revolving in the right direction. Keep your cool. :D

Last edited:
RJM and anyone else, I am uploading a .zip file. When you have time, unzip this file and click on the New.html file, in which I have changed the 'Starry Night' image with 'Blue Sky' image. I cannot put this on at tiiny.site for technical reasons. But if the new homepage is loaded at WordPress it may look like this. :)

Attachments

• Final1.zip
    85.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Niggles removed. World religions removed (on my copy). Working on image marquee with religious symbols. Will post it on tiiny.site after that is done. I want to make the image marquee smaller. On mobile, it dominates.
I have changed the font to URW Gothic (on my copy). It is a beautiful font and much clearer. I have included the font file in .zip, so that it never goes wrong on internet. No more Arial for me (it has no character, very 'run of the mill').

Last edited:
Thanks Aup. The moving line is good, imo.

I'll look at the zip file later

Last edited:
Members. Here is my final draft. I will load it at https://scarlet-cathee-36.tiiny.site/. But for the moment the screenshot. I have put in two marquees, one with words, the other with symbols of 12 religions represented on our site. The image marquee is not available on mobile at the moment. I have to do that and make some other small changes.

ps: I have loaded the homepage at the tiiny.site.

final.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not too sure about the images at the bottom, the orange colour really ruins the tranquillity of the page, imo.

I'm not sure they do anything to improve the page.
Do they have to be there?
Everyone knows we are an interfaith site.
If they do, is it possible they could all be blue?

Sorry to niggle, Aup

Last edited:
I would just drop them altogether. Others might disagree.
The moving line is enough to give some movement to the page
Always just my own thoughts ...

I have
The site is up. Please note that the name of the site now is:
scarlet-cathee-36.tiiny.site
I missed seeing the logos...

I think I would agree orange might be outputting...

I would like to see what we can do to again define us...religious reference and discussion site...

Religious icons...tradition
Religious logos
First there was the word....aum

While NONE of us spend an inordinate amount of time in the foyer, it is the first place we meet guests.

(Note: I may not like it... I do want to see it)

Lol....final draft! You are awesome brother. I dont want to wear you out but you ain't done yet.

Reactions: RJM
Screenshot.
They scroll from left to right along the bottom

upload_2022-1-26_16-18-6.png

Yeah, they do, just for variety, like two trains crossing each other. :D
@wil , Perhaps I could give just the symbols in white moving on the background image itself? Do you think that will be better? :)

could give just the symbols in white moving on the background image itself?
White sounds good ;)

And possibly moving a bit slower? They whizz across a bit too fast to get a proper look at them, perhaps? But not too slow, either

Last edited:
If they go across the main background image they will interfere with the Recent Threads drop-down?

If they go across the main background image they will interfere with the Recent Threads drop-down?
I think the drop downs should be able to lay over the top of logos in tje center.
@wil , Perhaps I could give just the symbols in white moving on the background image itself? Do you think that will be better? :)
That would be awesome...

Now he dreams again...imagining them appearing slowly transluscemt.with the background showing thru...slow.change with one fading in as the other fades out in like a sin wave with 7 seconds between peaks

Have you noticed the more we work on this the uptick in discussion?

Can we discuss.the cursive font for Interfaith in the header? Is the old bold with the reflection something you can do? If so could we see what that looks like?

For some reason that font felt like the site...bold reflective discussion.

More dreaming seems whatever header we use (and I suggest the blue color scheme) would get transferred globally to.the other pages?

That being said I like the blue...but notice the shading on the bar below...it has a lighter to darker gradient... That will look cool in a sky blue..

Again pardon my ramblings and wish list...once you get me started...

And possibly moving a bit slower? They whizz across a bit too fast to get a proper look at them, perhaps? But not too slow, either
RJM, there is a problem with movement. Things move faster on a large screen than on a mobile. So it has to be a balance. If we make it slow on large screen, it gets even slower on mobiles. :)

I think the drop downs should be able to lay over the top of logos in the center.
That would be awesome...

Now he dreams again...imagining them appearing slowly translucence with the background showing thru...slow.change with one fading in as the other fades out in like a sin wave with 7 seconds between peaks.

Can we discuss the cursive font for Interfaith in the header? Is the old bold with the reflection something you can do? If so could we see what that looks like? For some reason that font felt like the site...bold reflective discussion.

More dreaming seems whatever header we use (and I suggest the blue color scheme) would get transferred globally to the other pages?
Dropdowns can come over images. But images cannot be put below the dropdown. That is dropdown space (<div>). However, there is a way out. Images can be pasted on the page background image itself. That will, however, destroy the beauty of any page background image.

I never said translucent. That is neither here nor there, although it can be done. It will require more tinkering, more code (ugh!) and time. I said just the symbols in white strolling across the homepage background image.

I tried to do the reflection but failed, although it can be done easily if one has Adobe Photoshop. I will tinker with the old logo again by making the background transparent. Its white background is the problem. Let us see.

Dreams: We could take help from Google to re-do all our 470 pages. They do it for free and have a limit of 7500 pages. So, they will do 470 in a jiffy. That way the shortcomings of our pages also will be intimated to us. But let us first do the homepage. :)

RJM, there is a problem with movement. Things move faster on a large screen than on a mobile. So it has to be a balance. If we make it slow on large screen, it gets even slower on mobiles. :)
I see. Thanks Aup.

But I don't think they should spoil the main image or drop-down. I think they work fine at the bottom, just not the bright colours? They're just for visual interest. They add no information to the homepage

Back