Software Upgrade Oct 2-3 2022

Reply removed at user's own request

Last edited by a moderator:
I think 'reacted' refers specifically to 'like' button reactions.
I preferred when it just said "Liked" and the like count appeared under the profile picture without having to hover. Don't really think the other reaction choices are needed. Thumbs up is sufficient, IMO.

Also seems a bit washed out to me now. I find myself straining to see things even with the screen magnified.

preferred when it just said "Liked" and the like count appeared under the profile picture without having to hover. Don't really think the other reaction choices are needed. Thumbs up is sufficient, IMO.
It's what we have, and we'll get used to it. Brian's new site uses exactly the same forum software. https://www.sffchronicles.com/

Also seems a bit washed out to me now. I find myself straining to see things even with the screen magnified.
I liked the original blue colour scheme, but @Cino is trying to make everybody happy. As long as it's clear and functional, it can be tweaked as time goes

There's been a problem with notification and registration + password change etc emails. @Cino has been working today to get that sorted out -- hopefully now it is.

He is a professional IT person and we are very lucky there's a guy like him putting in a lot of hours to keep our IO show on the road. This would otherwise be costing ...

Last edited:
Just to repeat, this upgrade is forced upon us, to incorporate present technology; our old software is becoming obsolete. The upgrade automatically installs new interface and functions. It can't be avoided, imo

I'll add the number of likes to the author profile part of a post.

Is this on desktop or mobile? Is it the post content or the menus etc?

@Cino is a professional IT person and we are very lucky there's a guy like him putting in a lot of hours to keep our IO show on the road ...

First and foremost I'm a site member who enjoys the comradeship and the discussions. Many people around here keep this thing running, mods, admins, and @RJM our benevolent sponsor.

Also, I'm a systems person - web design is not my core competence. I'm grateful for the feedback regarding usability and readability.

Reactions: RJM
I'll add the number of likes to the author profile part of a post.

Is this on desktop or mobile? Is it the post content or the menus etc?
Just in general on both PC and my chromebooks. Text seems more dark gray than black and colors less vivid, like the contrast is off or something. Not sure what it is. My avatar pic for instance, shows very faint now.

I appreciate your efforts here. I know how much work is involved when these changes come down the pike. 👍

Reactions: RJM
Just in general on both PC and my chromebooks. Text seems more dark gray than black and colors less vivid, like the contrast is off or something. Not sure what it is. My avatar pic for instance, shows very faint now.

I appreciate your efforts here. I know how much work is involved when these changes come down the pike. 👍
Yes. Contrast overall could be upped, imo

What is this?

1664951713955.png

No, I don't see the purpose of the function?
What does it actually do?

Sorry @Tone Bristow-Stagg I didn't mean to sound rude ...

Last edited:
@RJM Do you mean this?
Hi.. I'm a spoiler :)
Thank you Muhammad
That is useful
But if this is the spoiler button

1664955029835.png

What is the purpose of this "Quote" button?

1664955179026.png

Just asking, but I think I have the answer now.
(More unnecessary complication in the name of 'software improvements')
Thanks again :)

Just asking, but I think I have the answer now.
(More unnecessary complication in the name of 'software improvements')
Thanks again :)

Yeah, well... but the quote functionality is useful, for quotes from religious scripture, web pages, etc.

Yeah, well... but the quote functionality is useful, for quotes from religious scripture, web pages, etc.
Ok. No argument. The reason I tacked onto it is that other XenForo forums I've encountered had a 'reply or quote' function -- so you could highlight from different posts and press 'quote' instead of reply, and then press 'enter quotes' on your reply box, when you had collected the various posts you want to respond to (all in one reply box) and they would be individually displayed -- because sometimes when you attach a 'reply' at the bottom of the page, you lose it when you want to attach more replies from further pages, in order to respond to several different posts from different pages ... all in one reply box

I'll get used to it ...

Last edited:
Back