Software Upgrade Oct 2-3 2022

Cino

Big Love! (Atheist mystic)
Veteran Member
Reaction score
We will be performing a software upgrade in the coming 24 hours.

The forum may be down for a few hours.

We will try to minimize the downtime.

The software upgrade is done. Hooray!

We now have emojis! 🍀⚽⛪🕍🕌You can use your mobile phone keyboard or the emoji selector in the editor box provided by the forum on your notebook, laptop, or desktop.

Unfortunately, the old color scheme could not be automatically transferred. We will be tweaking the colors to more closely match the interfaith.org design in the coming days.

Please don't hesitate to report any issues you encounter with the new software.

Hoping you will enjoy the upgraded software, keep posting good discussions!

For the admins,
Cino

Thankyou .. looks good. :)

Just as well I'm not using my old tower, though.
Proceesor speed and memory problems would be frustrating.

Reactions: RJM
THANKS @Cino!!

We've now even got a new blue arrow button to go back to top of the page!

How I missed that!!

Lovely job!! :):D😁😍

There is a writing programme included too, with choice of fonts and paragraphs, etc.
Lots new to play around with
And a kitty emoji especially included for @Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine :kitty:

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but I liked the old look better. Having a bit of trouble reading it now. Sort of hurts my eyes for some reason. Oh well, guess I'll get use to it.

Hate to say it, but I liked the old look better. Having a bit of trouble reading it now. Sort of hurts my eyes for some reason. Oh well, guess I'll get use to it.

I'm not quite done fixing the color scheme. It will get done over the next few days. I'm aiming for at least a similar look as before (without bright orange and pastel blue)

And @Cino will continue to take comments into account, I'm sure. The reason for the upgrade is technical, to avoid the whole website crashing due to obsolete php and SQL. The new look comes with it.

@Cino has devoted much valuable professional time to handling the upgrade. It won't satisfy everyone, obviously.

No features are lost.

To edit own posts on phone screen, hit the arrow next to the 'report' button lower left, and follow options.

To add emojis on phone screen, hit the three dots and follow the options.

Please do not hesitate to ask here about navigating the new look upgrade

Last edited:
The reason for the upgrade is technical, to avoid the whole website crashing due to obsolete php and SQL. The new look comes with it.
Yeah, same thing happened on another forum I subscribe to. Looked great on phones which I don't use due to screen size, but not on my PC or laptops. Once tweaked though, it did look better. I'm just hoping our site still works on my PC which has an older operating system. Haven't checked yet.

Reactions: RJM
There may be a problem with email notifications not arriving. Perhaps other small glitches. @Cino intends to sort it out soon. Apologies for inconvenience caused. It is caused by a discrepancy between the XenForo software and the Westhost service provider. Waiting for Westhost to enable a necessary function

Last edited:
@Cino
I just received an alert used the word 'reacted', I suggest replacing it 'responded' or similar.

There is a list of words which are automatically replaced. Not sure this was active in the old version, @RJM ? We can disable the feature.

There is a list of words which are automatically replaced. Not sure this was active in the old version, @RJM ? We can disable the feature.
I think 'reacted' refers specifically to 'like' button reactions. I've no problem with it. It's commonly used in that sense?

Last edited:
Back