Software Upgrade Oct 2-3 2022

Yeah, well... but the quote functionality is useful, for quotes from religious scripture, web pages, etc.
Indeed..
I have also noticed that I don't have to manually keep typing "end quote" all the time..
It is automatic when using the reply button etc.

It used to be possibe to cut and paste a 'reply' from one thread to another thread and respond to it there. The new system prevents the copying or cutting and pasting of replies because the code is not included on edit. Perhaps it is designed to avoid cross-thread discussions

It used to be possibe to cut and paste a 'reply' from one thread to another thread and respond to it there. The new system prevents the copying or cutting and pasting of replies because the code is not included on edit. Perhaps it is designed to avoid cross-thread discussions
Oh, you can still get the "raw code" version with the commands in square brackets - just click the symbol of two square brackets to the right of the editor toolbar, between the round "undo/redo" arrows and the little floppy disk symbol.

1664974190845.png

This allows you to cut and paste the raw code to a new thread.

Oh, you can still get the "raw code" version with the commands in square brackets - just click the symbol of two square brackets to the right of the editor toolbar, between the round "undo/redo" arrows and the little floppy disk symbol.

This allows you to cut and paste the raw code to a new thread.
Thank you :)

Old version sure was a lot easier for us old folks. Words instead of a lot of symbols to decipher. 😩
There was no choice but to upgrade, or crash (for real) by the middle of this month when the PHP becomes obsolete that we were using. It is the first IO upgrade in about 20 years, and perhaps the only upgrade ever, lol

Last edited:
It is the first IO upgrade in about 20 years, and perhaps the only upgrade ever, lol
Not quite that bad - the old version was from 2014, and it seems there was a different forum software in use for interfaith.org pre 2014.

Glad we're up to date now. I'll be travelling from tomorrow till Monday; maybe next week I'll try to tune the color scheme some more, for better contrast. No promises.

Reactions: RJM
Not quite that bad - the old version was from 2014, and it seems there was a different forum software in use for interfaith.org pre 2014.
If I remember right, Steve changed hosts when he took over. Forgot when that was exactly. That may have been when the software change occurred. Prior to that there were ad banners on the site.

Doll forum I subscribe to made the change earlier this year. I couldn't even use that for a while. Eventually though, they got it pretty close to the way it was. I must say the roll-out here was a lot better. Man, a long for the days the net was free and a dial-up connection could stream video.... ;)

I didn't know all this. But after the westhost php upgrade in the middle of last month, the site went down and was restored by reverting back to the old php -- for only 30 days before the host permanently moving to the new php.

This meant we had to upgrade within 30 days, in order to accommodate the new php, otherwise we would not have been able to continue to function

@Cino has done a wonderful job

We've got the latest version now and should be off the rocks for a few more years

I wish I could disappear I could just be me again

When entering a thread there are no navigation buttons at the top of the page. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to navigate the different pages of the thread. Just wondered if you could add the navigation control group to the top of the page.

Powessy

Glad we're up to date now. I'll be travelling from tomorrow till Monday; maybe next week I'll try to tune the color scheme some more, for better contrast. No promises.
What theme are you using, I like the theme, as had it on my previous forum, but I lost that during my first attempt at an upgrade. 😁

Regards Tony

I didn't know all this. But after the westhost php upgrade in the middle of last month, the site went down and was restored by reverting back to the old php -- for only 30 days before the host permanently moving to the new php.

This meant we had to upgrade within 30 days, in order to accommodate the new php, otherwise we would not have been able to continue to function
This all seems to be horribly stresssy and complex. I can have trouble in emailing a blooming prescription!
Ouch! You've got loads of emoji animals but haven't got a badger! 🤣

Reactions: RJM
When entering a thread there are no navigation buttons at the top of the page. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page to navigate the different pages of the thread. Just wondered if you could add the navigation control group to the top of the page.

Powessy
i'll see what can be done.

Powessy
Not sure what you mean, but there's page number navigation at both the top and bottom left of every page. Just below the last post and just above the first.

Not sure what you mean, but there's page number navigation at both the top and bottom left of every page. Just below the last post and just above the first.

@Cino

I am using my cell phone not a computer. Although once I turned my cell horizontally the page navigation group shows up under the date stamp. Not a problem just makes it wonky.

Powessy

It's the built-in one, with some color scheme changes. I can try to export it and send it to you.
Thank you, but no it's OK, I would mess it up. o_O

The original forum I had, did have the Introduction page like here. It was a scheme package I downloaded.

Now I am thinking l should search my computer, I may have saved the zip package! I have upgraded the version though.

All the best, Regards Tony

Back