Churchianity has hidden God for almost 2,000 years!

But who do you say believes this? Are you talking about 'the last day' resurrection of the dead?

EDIT
I mean are you going with the idea that after we die, we know know nothing until we are resurrected to judgement on the last day -- however long that's going to be?
This is consistent with a few denominations. Conditional immortality. I'm inclined to favor it.

Not in any church I've been in.

You do know the letter "J" is a recent addition to the English alphabet, right?

In other words, there is no way that G!d is "Jehovah," and Jesus is not "Jesus." Which means James is not "James" and John is not "John." So much for the historical grammar lesson.

If JWs can't even get grammar right, why should I care to read about more esoteric considerations? JWs in my experience don't know half as much as they pretend to. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....
So, anything with a "j" is forbidden? Heh - you're playing games with YOURSELF.

So I guess I am forbidding myself... 🤪

Seriously dude, if you have something of value to add, please do.

Twisting words around so you make yourself look like you know something only reflects badly on you.

There is plenty of genuine place for differing interpretations, but what you are doing is so far removed from logic and scholarship as to be ignored as foolishness.

As for the letter "J:"
History
The letter J used to be used as the swash letter I, used for the letter I at the end of Roman numerals when following another I, as in XXIIJ or xxiij instead of XXIII or xxiii for the Roman numeral twenty-three. A distinctive usage emerged in Middle High German.[5] Gian Giorgio Trissino (1478–1550) was the first to explicitly distinguish I and J as representing separate sounds, in his Ɛpistola del Trissino de le lettere nuωvamente aggiunte ne la lingua italiana ("Trissino's epistle about the letters recently added in the Italian language") of 1524.[6] Originally, 'I' and 'J' were different shapes for the same letter, both equally representing /i/, /iː/, and /j/; however, Romance languages developed new sounds (from former /j/ and /ɡ/) that came to be represented as 'I' and 'J'; therefore, English J, acquired from the French J, has a sound value quite different from /j/ (which represents the initial sound in the English language word "yet").

English​

In English, ⟨j⟩ most commonly represents the affricate /dʒ/. In Old English, /dʒ/ was represented orthographically with ⟨cᵹ⟩[8] (an alternative representation of the Old English spelling is ⟨cg⟩; there is no meaningful difference as ⟨ᵹ⟩ in Old English was simply the regular form of the letter G, called Insular G). In Middle English, scribes began to use ⟨i⟩ (later ⟨j⟩) to represent word-initial /dʒ/ under the influence of Old French, which had a similar phoneme deriving from Latin /j/ (for example, iest and later jest), while the same sound in other positions could be spelled as ⟨dg⟩ (for example, hedge).[8] The first English language books to make a clear distinction in writing between ⟨i⟩ and ⟨j⟩ were the King James Bible 1st Revision Cambridge 1629 and an English grammar book published in 1633.[9]

So, in short, do yourself a favor and work on your reading comprehension. I never said "forbidden," nor was it ever implied by me. Having said that, the English words with "J" are not accurate to what was really said, particularly the names.

Strong's 2424 IēsoúsJesus, the transliteration of the Hebrew term, 3091 /Lṓt ("Yehoshua"/Jehoshua, contracted to "Joshua") which means "Yahweh saves" (or "Yahweh is salvation").

Once again, Strong's 3841 pantokrátōr (from 3956 /pás, "all" and 2902 /kratéō, "prevail") – properly, almighty; unrestricted power exercising absolute dominion - (this is as close as you are going to find for "Jehovah" in the Greek)

Strong's 3069 A variation of Yhovah (used after 'Adonay, and pronounced by Jews as 'elohiym, in order to prevent the repetition of the same sound, since they elsewhere pronounce Yhovah as 'Adonay) -- God. (Hebrew)

Strong's 2501 Ἰωσήφ, indeclinable (in Josephus (e. g. contra Apion 1, 14, 16; 32, 3; 33, 5) Ιωσηπος), ὁ (יוסֵף, from יָסַף to add, Genesis 30:23f (cf. B. D. under the word )), Joseph;

Strong's 2491 Ἰωάννης and ((so WH uniformly, except in Acts 4:6; Acts 13:5; Revelation 22:8) Tr in the Gospels of Luke and John (in the Acts, excluding Acts 4:6) and the Revelation (excluding Revelation 22:8)) Ἰωάνης (cf. Tdf. Proleg., p. 79; WHs Appendix, p. 159; Scrivener, Introduction, p. 562 (cf. under the word Nu)), genitive Ἰωάννου, dative Ἰωάννῃ and (in (Matthew 11:4 WH; Revelation 1:1 WH); Luke 7:18 T Tr WH (22 T Tr WH) Ἰωαννει (cf. WHs Appendix, p. 158; Buttmann, 17 (16), 7)), accusative Ἰωάννην, 6 (יוחָנָן and יְהוחָנָן, to whom Jehovah is gracious (others whom Jehovah has graciously given), German Gotthold; the Sept. Ἰωανναν (Tdf. Ἰωανάν), 1 Chronicles 3:24; Ἰωνᾶ, 2 Kings 25:23; Ἰωάνης, 2 Chronicles 28:12 (cf. B. D. American edition, under the word )), John;

Just to look at the different ways the name John alone is spelled across various languages should drive my point home:

John (/dʒɒn/; JON) is a common male given name in the English language ultimately of Hebrew origin. The English form is from Middle English Ion, Ihon, Jon, Jan (mid-12c.), itself from Old French Jan, Jean, Jehan (Modern French Jean),[2] from Medieval Latin Johannes, altered form of Late Latin Ioannes,[2] or the Middle English personal name is directly from Medieval Latin,[3] which is from the Greek name Ioannis (Ιωάννης), originally borne by Hellenized Jews transliterating the Hebrew name Yochanan (יוֹחָנָן‎), the contracted form of the longer name Yehochanan (יְהוֹחָנָן‎), meaning "Yahweh is Gracious" or "Yahweh is Merciful". There are numerous forms of the name in different languages; these were formerly often simply translated as "John" in English, but are increasingly left in their native forms (see sidebar).[4]

It is among the most commonly given names in Anglophone, Arabic, European, Latin American, Iranian, and Turkic countries.
---

So yes, you need to do some study in basic linguistics.

I wouldn't say 'forbidden' as, in the case of 'Jehovah' mistaken.

The historical vocalisation of the Divine Name was lost because during the 3rd-2nd centuries BC, the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was avoided. (It's commonly today assumed to be Jahweh.) When reading or reciting the text aloud, the Tetragrammaton is replaced by Hebrew Adonai (Lord), and to indicate this, the vowel marks of Adonai were interspersed between the four consonants of the Tetragrammaton.

Christian scholars, translating the Hebrew texts into European languages, ignorant of the practice, conflated the word to arrive at (in its final form) Jehovah – combining the consonants and vowels … YaHoVaH.

The error is usually attributed to the Franciscan scholar Galatinus (Pietro Colonna Galatino 1460-1540), although he drew heavily on Pugio Fidei (c1270) of Raymond Martini (Ramon Martí), a 13th-century Catalan Dominican scholar.

The Latin form Iehouah appeared as Jehovah in the 16th century Reformationist translations into the vernacular – William Tyndale, and the English Geneva Bible and the KJV.. Many later translations use Adonai, Lord or LORD where the Tetragrammaton appears.

Galatinus was challenged in his day by other scholars, but his view seemed to hold sway.

Yes ... I checked out Dr Gordon ... I regard his thesis as self-serving and unlikely.

Basically claiming that he's 're-discovered' what has long been known, but simply that you conflate the word, as Europeans did.

Looking around, there seems to be archeological evidence outside of Judaism – Gnostic and magical texts – that indicate the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was Yahweh. Nothing, afaik, supports Jehovah.

Looking around, there seems to be archeological evidence outside of Judaism – Gnostic and magical texts – that indicate the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton was Yahweh. Nothing, afaik, supports Jehovah.
..same could be said about Jesus 😁

Yeshua or Y'shua (ישוע; with vowel pointing Hebrew: יֵשׁוּעַ, romanized: Yēšūaʿ) was a common alternative form of the name Yehoshua (Hebrew: יְהוֹשֻׁעַ, romanized: Yəhōšūaʿ, lit. 'Joshua') in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period. The name corresponds to the Greek spelling Iesous (Ἰησοῦς), from which, through the Latin IESVS/Iesus, comes the English spelling Jesus.
wikipedia - Yeshua

Yeshua or Y'shua (ישוע; with vowel pointing Hebrew: יֵשׁוּעַ, romanized: Yēšūaʿ) was a common alternative form of the name Yehoshua (Hebrew: יְהוֹשֻׁעַ, romanized: Yəhōšūaʿ, lit. 'Joshua') in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period. The name corresponds to the Greek spelling Iesous (Ἰησοῦς), from which, through the Latin IESVS/Iesus, comes the English spelling Jesus.
wikipedia - Yeshua
Yeah, but that's Yehoshua/Joshua, but no-one confuses that with the Divine Name...

HE said it- the Jews, and Churchianity hide it.
No, the Jews hid the Tetragrammaton, signalling the word 'Lord' to be spoken aloud.

Early Christian translators mis-interpreted the text – all this is well-documented.

The early KJV, for example, followed the error, the revised NKJV corrects the mistake.

Back