Exclusive Bible

So, I guess you don't believe that women get abused in marriages? Not saying all marriages, but some. Well, I can understand this coming from a male dominate culture, where women are dressed in a sack.
Somehow I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he was saying that abuse can be addressed by divorce, since arresting and jailing everyone who is abusive may not actually work the way we'd like it to.

So all the children from that marriage now become bastards?
Interesting question. I do not know that. It's a legal and/or ecclesiastical question.
From what I do understand, if a marriage has produced children, churches such as the Catholic church may be less likely to declare it null?

Also, in the secular world, at least in the US, as far as I know, being an "bastard" doesn't have any legal meaning or any effect on your legal status.
Socially, your parents being unmarried would not affect most of what you do in life. You or your parents may get some disapproval in some corners, but your status as a voting, taxpaying, diploma seeking, job seeking member of society is not affected by your parents' marital status.

So... I do not know. But a good question for the entities that grant annulments.

Last edited:
Are those my words or yours. I certainly don't agree with this.
Yes, you did at some point say "divorce is never necessary" ... I saw where I quoted it in a reply to you, still looking for your original statement. I don't know if we took you out of context, but you did use that phrase.

NO, it's never "necessary". It's all about someone not liking someone else. I could understand this easier in arranged marriages, but not marriages of choice. How many women have been sold into marriages that they did not want. It was standard practice in Jewish and Islamic Religions.
This is the quote where you were responding to @muhammad_isa who had said divorce is not desirable but is sometimes necessary.
The above was your reply.

but I also was almost sure I thought you wrote that divorce was never necessary
If I said it that way, then I must have been drunk. Like I stated, I have been divorced twice. Now that God screwed my head on the right way, I think that divorce is the last step. We've just made divorce like abortion, If you are not happy this week, divorce your wife or husband. I have said, God never designed this mess that we have created. I grew up in the 60s, I helped design this entire mess. not intentionally, but I was sure part of the Hippi movement. the Bible says: "because of the hardness of your heart," when it came to divorce. My grandparents where farmers, the husband and wife needed each other to survive, no so today.

NO, it's never "necessary". It's all about someone not liking someone else
This could be the statement that's getting everyone excited. Should have been a little clearer. In this case it's about divorce to just divorce, it's not about circumstances involving abuse, my other posts should have made this clear. Thus the sentence after the statement, It's all about liking someone. Once again, divorce just to divorce, no issues other than a selfish attitude. I recant, am I able to come out of my room now?

In this case it's about divorce to just divorce, it's not about circumstances involving abuse, my other posts should have made this clear..
..but that's what tends to happen when a relationship starts to breakdown..
If one let's it get to the stage of actual physical abuse, it's not good.

I know of a man whose wife clubbed him over the head with a claw hammer.
I think she was arrested. :(

We do call it the living Word only because the Bible itself states that.
The Bible states that? Or a book, one of many that was written over a millenia that is contained in the Bible states that?

So if I write s book and say it is the living Word....then it is? That is all the evidence required?

The Bible states that? Or a book, one of many that was written over a millenia that is contained in the Bible states that?

So if I write s book and say it is the living Word....then it is? That is all the evidence required?
Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

And

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work

we literally believe that God breathed life into it just like He breathed life into Adam.

I believe the word, the stories, can be utilized much better.than astrology charts to guide your life...if you place yourself in biblical.situations there is much to be learned.in the allegory and parables.

And living, has life, seems to me as.much today as.2k years ago.

But I neither literally believe in the Bible, Adam, or your Biblical G!d...beyond valuable lessons....if interpreted correctly...and a horrendous book when in the hands of the slavers and warmongerrs and crusades (and unfortunately many preachers today who spew hate)

It is like a gun, it can protect or kill depending on who wields it.

I believe the word, the stories, can be utilized much better.than astrology charts to guide your life...if you place yourself in biblical.situations there is much to be learned.in the allegory and parables.

And living, has life, seems to me as.much today as.2k years ago.

But I neither literally believe in the Bible, Adam, or your Biblical G!d...beyond valuable lessons....if interpreted correctly...and a horrendous book when in the hands of the slavers and warmongerrs and crusades (and unfortunately many preachers today who spew hate)

It is really tragic

but that's what tends to happen when a relationship starts to breakdown.
All relationships with go through hard times. It’s all about selfish people or marrying for the wrong reasons. People keep changing with time. Some people “grow apart” or whatever. There are just so many reasons relationships fail.

No, but that is what Muhammad did. The Bible has validation, Histoical with miracles. I don’t expect you to understand, your eyes have never been opened. Until a person has been changed by God, There is no way to understand. If you are seeking truth, it is there.

This is true, like so many religious books. But who hurt you to be so angry. Evil has always been in the world, but don’t blame God, He gave us a way out.

The world is a complicated place because of people and what they want. The meaning of a word should never change, but we all know that people try all the time to change the meaning of words to benefit what they want. The history of a word and be researched, that is what translators have to do, find out what the word meant at the time it was used. Is having oral s e x really sex? Bill Clinton would say no!
The world is a complicated place because it is a complicated place by design. The natural world is complex. The interaction amongst molecules is complex.

Meanings of words change, but not always or exclusively because people deliberately try to change them. That can occur, but realistically, meanings drift and evolve as time moves forward and culture develops. This is the kind of thing you've probably already learned from reading linguistics. Or observed during your lifetime. Words we use now for technology either didn't exist before or don't mean the same thing. What we mean by a "phone" now, for example, implies a lot more than what was meant by "phone" when I was a little kid in the 70s.

What you said about the history of a word -- true enough, the art of translation (also complex) It is often said "There is no direct translation into your language" even about everyday matters, even amongst contemporaries.

Jesus was saying that men should not "put their wives away" in order to marry another, perhaps younger woman
without children.
That's not what Jesus said.
He was not outlawing divorce, per se!
The only qualification Jesus gave in Matthew was in case of adultery. In Mark He did not even give that qualification.

You are trying to make Jesus say the opposite of what he said, because you don't like what he said?

That's not what Jesus said..
..and that is what 'Bible literalists' will say about the creation of Adam.
They will claim that God did not say that mankind has evolved..

We do not live in a perfect world, where everybody loves God, and are sinless.
It makes a mockery out of God's guidance, to force people to live together,
when they no longer want to.

Back