Exclusive Bible

But I know enough that an aerodynamic wing has better lift and glide than a piece of board with an engine attached.
Yes, this is very true and was not the intent of the thread. It was simply about opinion verses truth.

No simaliarity at all, but you are welcome to your opinion,
and you are welcome to yours...

no loss of altitude when walking, the feet remain on the ground.
That would be called "standing." One's feet do not remain on the ground while walking, it is axiomatic that at least one foot is in the air at any given time.

Hence if one foot should not be where it should, one falls to the ground...what we term "trip and fall." Ergo, walking is controlled falling.

Last edited:
Wasn't aware of this, thanks for sharing. I did realize that this would happen in some cults like Mormonism.
---
This indicates that romantic love can be the founding of attraction between two people. This term was primarily used by the "western countries after the 1800s were socialized into, love is the necessary prerequisite for starting an intimate relationship and represents the foundation on which to build the next steps in a family."

Romantic love and marriage are very recent, arranged marriages have been the historic norm

Thank you Joseph Campbell...

I am only talking about salvation here, not the other stupid things we all believe. God is going to let us have our own way unless He desires that someone is saved.

Well, even if this entire discussion so far can be read in that sense, it doesn't chang the answer you already gave yourself, namely that it is due to God's will that people believe what they do.

It seems you are not satisfied with either your own answer, or you are but are questioning God's designs.

What's up with that?

That's your opinion,
Well not just mine. The opinion of Biblical exegetes (Jewish, Christian and Islamic). The opinion of Saints, mystics, ages ... generally, the opinion of all, except literal fundamentalists?

Do not commit adultery does not seem very layered.
So we should commit suicide rather than offend someone (or self-harm as a preventive measure) according to Matthew 18:6-9?

You must be a Da Vinci Code theorist.
LOL, see how easy it is to completely misunderstand someone. Ask others my opinion of The Da Vinci Code.

You do know Christ taught in parables?

Hidden meanings, seems all very straight forward to me , but I like to let the Scriptures speak for themselves.
That's rather the point, isn't it. Because you can't see it, it can't be there ...

I am not sure where you believe the flaws are but you are welcome to your logical opinion.
Thank you. You might not see them, but they are there.

Let me enlighten you:
That you once had a debate with someone about a particular theory, does not automatically mean you are right when you debate with anyone about every theory ...

And without reference to the debate, I don't know whether:
You were right and he was wrong, or
He was right and you were wrong, or
... there are other possibilities.

You offered the argument as if conclusive of something, it's not, hence the flaw.

That would be called "standing." One's feet do not remain on the ground while walking, it is axiomatic that at least one foot is in the air at any given time.
I love this, thank’s for the good laugh this morning. Clear examples of two people talking past each other. ;-)

NO, it's never "necessary". It's all about someone not liking someone else..
Well, perhaps you should ask the police on their opinion.
If a married couple are abusing each other, it would be better for them to separate.

If you think that your religious opinion is a practical application in society, THINK AGAIN !

You offered the argument as if conclusive of something, it's not, hence the flaw
the simple point is, Does the theory of lift exist and does it work. Of course, but to say that a board will not fly it just foolish. this is where education comes in contact with reality. the lift process on works best with certain applications. A high speed jet or a stunt live without it. It’s all about a surface coming in contact with air at a high speed. Simple

Well, perhaps you should ask the police on their opinion.
If a married couple are abusing each other, it would be better for them to separate.
I agree with you 100%. And someone should go to jail for abusing another person. What does Jesus say when asked about divorce?
Matthew 19:4–9 (NASB95): 4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female,
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
6 “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
7 They *said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give her a certificate of divorce and send her away?”
8 He *said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way.
9 “And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

If you think that your religious opinion is a practical application in society, THINK AGAIN !
I know that you don’t know me, but I have been divorced twice, both times before God got ahold of me. I have now been married 36 years and there have been many times I was not happy in the marriage. Today, the relationship is better than it has ever been. It took two people willing to work through the hardships of marriage. Throw kids into any marriage, and turmoil erupts, the man will feel neglected at some point and want to walk out of the marriage. A woman can also feel unloved and want out. Relationships are just hard, no matter who it is.

I agree with you 100%. And someone should go to jail for abusing another person.
Grow up!
If all married couples that were abusing each other were sent to jail, it would not only be impractical,
but an unsatisfactory response.
I despise the "blame culture" .. as I'm sure that Jesus did too!

What does Jesus say when asked about divorce?
Matthew 19:4–9 (NASB95): 4 And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female,
5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
6 “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”
7 They *said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give her a certificate of divorce and send her away?”
8 He *said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses permitted you to divorce your wives; but from the beginning it has not been this way.
9 “And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
There you go with your uninformed literal reading..

Jesus was saying that men should not "put their wives away" in order to marry another, perhaps younger woman
without children.
He was not outlawing divorce, per se!

There is a lot of conversation when it comes to Bibles, or I should say Books from God. Jews have Books, Christians have Books, Muslims have a Book, Mormons have a Book and Jehovah Witnesses have a Book. Each of the Books claim exclusivity. Would God make give us a Book that was for only one group of people, meaning it the book is written in Spanish, could only the Spanish speaking people understand it.? I am not sure how many on this site have research translation of language or used interpreters. The reason I ask, is that I am once again reading the Quran and the flow of the English translation is terrible. I have been to that the Arabic reading is beautiful.

Since I don't understand Arabic, then I don't know what to think. Some of the Bible was also written in poetry form (I am assuming that the Quran was written that away, maybe for the ease of learning and reciting it, as I have also been told that the Quran was not to be written, but recited only. It never came into a book form until after the death of Muhammad. Anyway, All language is translational and can retain meaning in the translation. Sometimes not the exact thrust of the word or language but close enough so that it can be understood. The Hebrew texts of the Bible were translated @300BC into Greek. In the time of Jesus, I have read where many people spoke 3 languages.

This is not even uncommon in Europe today, at least two languages. The Christians letters were mostly written in Greek as that was the more common language of the day in that area. If translation is possible and God is concerned with all people, why limit a written text to just one group of people who speak one language. I say this to say that I have been told, a person has to read the Arabic Quran to understand it. Even though so much of it is just about stories and information that already exist in the Jewish Scriptures.
It is only Man makes the God given Word exclusive. God gives the Word for all humanity.

Regards Tony

Back