Exclusive Bible

It is only Man makes the God given Word exclusive. God gives the Word for all humanity.
Correct, but from which source is the real question, since every "scriptural" book does not agree with the New Testament of the Bible. Every book claiming to be the words of God states that works is part of Salvation.

There you go with your uninformed literal reading..
Oh, I am sorry, "literal" reading. Let's all play the hidden message game. Well Muhammad took care of all this, you can marry 4 wives, in his case he could marry 6 and it certainly didn't matter if they were children. Divorce isn't necessary if you simply ignore one of your 4 wives.

If all married couples that were abusing each other were sent to jail, it would not only be impractical,
but an unsatisfactory response.
I despise the "blame culture" .. as I'm sure that Jesus did too!
So, I guess you don't believe that women get abused in marriages? Not saying all marriages, but some. Well, I can understand this coming from a male dominate culture, where women are dressed in a sack.

Correct, but from which source is the real question, since every "scriptural" book does not agree with the New Testament of the Bible. Every book claiming to be the words of God states that works is part of Salvation.
The Word of God is complementary across all scriptures.

The aspect that is changing, is that of the laws and ordinances, that are applicable to the age in which they are given.

Regards Tony

There is a lot of conversation when it comes to Bibles, or I should say Books from God. Jews have Books, Christians have Books, Muslims have a Book, Mormons have a Book and Jehovah Witnesses have a Book. Each of the Books claim exclusivity. Would God make give us a Book that was for only one group of people, meaning it the book is written in Spanish, could only the Spanish speaking people understand it.? I am not sure how many on this site have research translation of language or used interpreters. The reason I ask, is that I am once again reading the Quran and the flow of the English translation is terrible. I have been to that the Arabic reading is beautiful.

Since I don't understand Arabic, then I don't know what to think. Some of the Bible was also written in poetry form (I am assuming that the Quran was written that away, maybe for the ease of learning and reciting it, as I have also been told that the Quran was not to be written, but recited only. It never came into a book form until after the death of Muhammad. Anyway, All language is translational and can retain meaning in the translation. Sometimes not the exact thrust of the word or language but close enough so that it can be understood. The Hebrew texts of the Bible were translated @300BC into Greek. In the time of Jesus, I have read where many people spoke 3 languages.

This is not even uncommon in Europe today, at least two languages. The Christians letters were mostly written in Greek as that was the more common language of the day in that area. If translation is possible and God is concerned with all people, why limit a written text to just one group of people who speak one language. I say this to say that I have been told, a person has to read the Arabic Quran to understand it. Even though so much of it is just about stories and information that already exist in the Jewish Scriptures.
Just for further context and additional information (you may already know)
JWs have a different translation of the Bible and differing interpretations. Mormons retain the bible, interpret it somewhat differently than most Christians, and have 4 additional books (Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price) Baha'i have what they teach are revealed scriptures, the Sikh have what they teach are revealed scripture (the Adi Granth) Zoroastrians have the Avesta, Hindu have the 4 Vedas which are taught to be revealed scripture. There are scriptures in Buddhism too though I do not know their teaching on revelation as they are less theistic than many other world religions. There were scriptures of some kind in the civilizations of the Americas but most were destroyed by colonists.

Here is the problem, I have been told over and over that the translations are not the Quran and therefore reading a translation is not reading the Quran. I believe it has something to do with Muslims believing that the Quran is actually Allah. They is why they kill of destroying the Quran and saying anything bad about it. Remember the entire mess over the Satanic Verses?
Or, that they think only the original is inspired and translations are not.

could be, I never claimed to be all that educated. Never got a college degree. But I do fly corporate Jets, repair computers, am a master ASE certified auto mechanic, own my own business, teach people to fly, and home schooled my kids. That has to count for something. It's not very complicated, words are written down, they form sentences, those sentences tell facts, stories, or contain information. leave the text alone and read what it says and there is usually only one conclusion that comes out of it. God created the heavens and the earth, do I want to us the color pink to describe this. Sorry for the boasting
I may be missing something, but I'm not sure this responds to what was said by @Cino and @Thomas -- I think what was said had to do with insight and intuition rather than education, credentials, trade, or career....

Last edited:
An atheist is really not an atheist. Can I lay out all the facts to show they are wrong, yes. But will it change their mind, no.
This is interesting. An atheist is really not an atheist. People are not what they are... I'm curious to hear more. What do you mean?
About an atheist not really being an atheist... which atheist? All? How did you determine that? I'm curious to find out.

I may be missing something, but I'm not sure this responds to what was said by @Cino -- I think what was said had to do with insight and intuition rather than education, credentials, trade, or career....
Yes, it was unnecessary, just was on a little rant. pitiful!

This is not biblical teaching, God hate divorce and never intended to happen. A life of misery, is not the concern of God. loving Him is.
Wow. Discouraging. But is it true? Does God not care about suffering on some level?
I have to say this is an incredibly interesting thread!

I once had a debate on line with someone who claimed to be a NASA engineer about the theory of lift. He was expounding that without this shape of a airfoil (wing) that a plane will not fly. I came back and said that a flat board will fly if you put and engine on it, which he came back saying no. Well that's funny, when I was a kid I did just that and it flew just fine. Sorry, I know that I am well over your heads here about this theory of lift. Stunt planes have a Asymmetrical wing which totally debunks the theory of lift.
Intriguing story. At first I wasn't sure what this had to do with the thread, but I think it had to do with what was said about being insightful and/or intiuitive. In this case you were more insightful and intuitive than the engineer you were talking to, or at least it appeared so. Maybe you were both miscommunicating too and they didn't really know what you meant. Anyway, some people may be more insightful and intuitive than other people generally, but, sometimes relative insight or intuition is topic by topic. You may have more insight or intuition in one situation, and in another, the person you are talking to has more insight or intuition.
At least that is where I think this was going? 🤔

Intriguing story. At first I wasn't sure what this had to do with the thread, but I think it had to do with what was said about being insightful and/or intiuitive. In this case you were more insightful and intuitive than the engineer you were talking to, or at least it appeared so. Maybe you were both miscommunicating too and they didn't really know what you meant. Anyway, some people may be more insightful and intuitive than other people generally, but, sometimes relative insight or intuition is topic by topic. You may have more insight or intuition in one situation, and in another, the person you are talking to has more insight or intuition.
At least that is where I think this was going?
It was more about truth. What we believe as truth. Was he correct about the "theory of lift", yes. Was he misunderstanding that a board could fly or stunt planes wings are not built on this theory, yes. It's all about understanding and not believing that somethings that we be is absolute. Thinking required!

That's your opinion, Do not commit adultery does not seem very layered. Legal documents and instruction manuals are produced by lawyers and engineers. You must be a Da Vinci Code theorist. Hidden meanings, seems all very straight forward to me, but I like to let the Scriptures speak for themselves. I did struggle with the parable of the 10 virgins for some time, wondering why the other 5 did not get into heaven. But then I realize that there was this one word that was attached to those 5, "foolish".
Oh, it can be layered all right, given that marriage customs can be different in different cultures and people are developing more and more nuanced ideas about infidelity all the time -- do you know people now talk about "emotional affairs" now even when there is no extramarital sex?
Also, it is my understanding that Catholics and some other Christians are so dead set against divorce that even if someone gets a legal divorce and remarries, they consider it adultery? Other religions do not see it that way. Also if you thought you were legally divorced and by some technicality you weren't, but remarry, you are legally liable for bigamy, though you might have done so unawares, believing yourself legally divorced. Also marriages can be annulled, meaning legally or religiously the marriage "never happened" so -- if someone was unfaithful during a marriage that was later annulled, were they committing adultery or not? What about polygamous marriages. Are they adulterous, or not? What about legally married same sex couples. Some people still don't believe their marriages are real. If they are unfaithful, is it adultery, or not? And the list could go on and on...

We often assume we know what a word means, in this case a word like "adultery" based on OUR understanding from our upbringing, in our culture, in our time period. Seems perfectly clear. Except... when it is not.

Last edited:
NO, it's never "necessary". It's all about someone not liking someone else. I could understand this easier in arranged marriages, but not marriages of choice. How many women have been sold into marriages that they did not want. It was standard practice in Jewish and Islamic Religions.
If there is abuse of the spouse, or of the children, then yes, it is necessary.

We often assume we know what a word means, in this case a word like "adultery" based on OUR understanding from our upbringing, in our culture, in our time period. Seems perfectly clear. Except... when it is not.
The world is a complicated place because of people and what they want. The meaning of a word should never change, but we all know that people try all the time to change the meaning of words to benefit what they want. The history of a word and be researched, that is what translators have to do, find out what the word meant at the time it was used. Is having oral s e x really sex? Bill Clinton would say no!

The aspect that is changing, is that of the laws and ordinances, that are applicable to the age in which they are given.
Sorry, do not k i ll applies to every age. and so on. If you want to talk about minor laws and what society wants, then that is different. The moral codes don't change.

Back