Can you relate?

It is bigger than me and you RJM. I respond to these replies, not in the attempt to change your Faith RJM, but for others that may read these posts, others who are still looking for answers.

One can say the Torah was manipulated by the Christian to agree with them, but this is not the case, the Torah told of Jesus. This is exactly the same for Muhammad, the Bab and Baha'u'llah, whereas they also have the New Testament of Jesus that also confirms their Revelations.

A manipulation is not needed, but new eyes, new ears are needed, as we need to look at and consider new 'Frames of References' given by God. There is a reason it is offered in the holy books that all things are made new.

"Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."

"Isaiah 42:9 - Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them."

"Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert".

This theme is throughout all the Holy texts. The world is cyclic, so is God's Revelations to man.

Regards Tony
Well done to all those Christians and yes many people abuse the Faith they have embraced, that is why God sends the Messengers, to guide us back to the right path.

Regards Tony
Please don't patronize me @Tony Bristow-Stagg and stow your regards, ok? Just be real with me, ok?

Respond to my observation that the Baha'i faith requires acceptance of Baha'u'llah as the 'new Christ' replacing and superseding Jesus and requires unquestioning acceptance of all Baha'u'llah's words and to act upon them, disregarding my own God given mind and thought -- for the next 1000 years?

Please don't patronize me @Tony Bristow-Stagg and stow your regards, ok? Just be real with me, ok?

Respond to my observation that the Baha'i faith requires acceptance of Baha'u'llah as the 'new Christ' replacing and superseding Jesus and requires unquestioning acceptance of all Baha'u'llah's words and to act upon them, disregarding my own God given mind and thought -- for the next 1000 years?
I am always real with you RJM, and it will always be with Love and Regards, be it good or bad I respond to. I will always encourage everyone to use their own God given mind and reasoning. The Bible asks that of us.

In my frame of reference, one uses their own logic and reason to find that there is no difference between any of the Messengers, superseding in not appropriate. To embrace all that they have offered in this age will indeed abrogate some of the laws and practices given in the past, but it reaffirms eternal truths and virtues. For me, it is as Jesus has spoken again, as Jesus promised would be done. (It is like they have all spoken again, the first and the Last)

They are All One to me, the love for one, is love for all. So to me it is being faithful to the Word Jesus gave.

All the best, much love, Regards Tony

Last edited:
I think that we finally agree on something. You will find the Jesus that I speak about in the texts of the Bible. Black and white words written on pages by the Word of God. It's all there. But I am quite sure that you love your Jesus better than the Jesus of the Bible.
I don't believe in existence of God. And as a Hindu, my people have thousands of Gods and Goddesses. So, Jesus was wrong.

I am always real with you RJM, and it will always be with Love and Regards, be it good or bad I respond to. I will always encourage everyone to use their own God given mind and reasoning. The Bible asks that of us.

In my frame of reference, one uses their own logic and reason to find that there is no difference between any of the Messengers, superseding in not appropriate. To embrace all that they have offered in this age will indeed abrogate some of the laws and practices given in the past, but it reaffirms eternal truths and virtues. For me, it is as Jesus has spoken again, as Jesus promised would be done. (It is like they have all spoken again, the first and the Last)

They are All One to me, the love for one, is love for all. So to me it is being faithful to the Word Jesus gave.

All the best, much love, Regards Tony
Sigh ...

The core question is whether being Baha'i means believing and acting on the word of Baha'u'llah alone -- which effectively means putting Jesus on the back-shelf? Because all messengers are definitely not the same: Baha'u'llah is clearly nowhere near the same as Jesus -- and superseding is exactly what is meant by 'abrogate some of the laws and practices given in the past' -- as Jesus indeed did do.

Of course you are entitled to your own messenger and your own beliefs, but like most new-age messiahs that piggy-back on the life of the real Christ, Baha'u'llah absolutely does not derive in any way from the Bible -- except by selectively manipulating to a painful degree actually, imo

I'll continue to take my peace from Jesus the real Christ, if you don't mind

(edited)

Last edited:
So you understand I have no problem with anyone else's beliefs or scriptures as pertaining to them -- just when they manipulate the Bible and particularly the NT to try to claim support for their messengers and new messiahs, and telling me I need to modify my own beliefs because they say so ...

Last edited:
One perspective/contemplation I always enjoyed....atheists just believe in one less G!d than monotheists.
I had to abandon many. That was a bit more difficult. They were all colorful and nice.

To embrace all that they have offered in this age will indeed abrogate some of the laws and practices given in the past, but it reaffirms eternal truths and virtues.
What is the need to embrace any so-claimed messenger of so-claimed God or Gods/Goddesses.
What proves that there is only one God and that too of Abrahamic descent?
Many messages are absurd, particularly about women and LGBTQ (a USD 2,483 fine for first transgression).
Truth and virtues are eternal even without them.

Back