Our image of God

Time and space (nature) began at the BB? Science cannot measure beyond the singularity where time and space and matter are reduced to a point that occupies no space.

Was there a time before time, or an existence before space?
It depends what you mean by "time"..
Is it merely a calculation, that is derived from equations? :)

You can laugh at me all you want- MOST do!
I find it funny how you believe in Fairy Tales, tho.
Be careful there -- there are more than plenty of people who look at the bible was merely "fairy tales"
There are fewer, but some, thoughtful people who look at what we would call "fairy tales" and find deeper meanings within.

The Big Bang is a believable theory, it has been described in layman terms, we don't have to be scientists to understand the concept of the BB. However, as the theory stands, something popped into existence and went Bang, what was that something and where did it come from?

If you believe this popping into existence could happen by natural causes, then this is your belief. Pre Big Bang seems vague at the moment.
You are correct there. BB does not say anything about what was that and where it came from which caused the Bang. So, should we take that as God? What is God and where did it come from? Unless we can answer that, we have no reason to believe in existence of any God.
Yeah, BB does not answer all questions and the research is going on.

It depends what you mean by "time"..
Is it merely a calculation, that is derived from equations? :)
The faster a mass accelerates, the 'heavier' it becomes until at the speed of light it becomes infinite, and so cannot be moved by any force. Acceleration (or deceleration) is measured by the change in speed of a body over a certain distance during a certain time. Time is 'compressed' as the body accelerates until, at light speed, time also becomes infinite. This is the singularity, beyond which mathematics cannot go, I believe?

Light travels across the universe at a certain speed in a vacuum -- it covers a set distance across space in a set time and never accelerates. The visible light that human eyes are able to register is a narrow band in the electromagnetic spectrum between
infra red and x-rays.

So is 'eternity' a state of time extended infinitely into the past and future, or is it a state beyond of, or outside of, time and space?

Something like that, lol?

Last edited:
What is God and where did it come from? Unless we can answer that, we have no reason to believe in existence of any God.

You could bring chemicals together with a fuse, and you have dynamite. You can't have an explosion without stuff that explodes.
In theory, the BB should be similar. The complexity we see today surely cannot be the result of an explosion; with temperatures exceeding hot.

Be careful there -- there are more than plenty of people who look at the bible was merely "fairy tales"
There are fewer, but some, thoughtful people who look at what we would call "fairy tales" and find deeper meanings within.
I know- but I can prove the Bible otherwise.
Did we come about by Constructive Blind Chances happening OVER and OVER again- or were we DESIGNED?

The complexity we see today surely cannot be the result of an explosion; with temperatures exceeding hot.
It was not an explosion. There were no chemicals, not even atoms at that time. It was an expansion.
Nucleosysnthesis happened about 20 minutes of the 'inflastion' (expansion) when Hydrogen and Helium were formed.

Back