Our image of God

No. Our imagination has no bounds. We made a God with the head of an elephant, another a monkey. There are a Fish God, a Tortoise God, a Boar God and a Man-Lion God too. Then one who is a dwarf.

Our imagination is very limited, we cannot understand or imagine how the universe came into being by natural causes. We have absolutely no testafiable evidence to show how this could happen.

You can make God anything you like, but that cannot change who God is.

We make some one a virgin born, he resurrects after death, and another journeys to heaven on a white beast talking to God and meeting Jesus and other prophets who are dead. Yet another is visited by a 'heavenly maiden'.

If God created the universe, and he created life from no life, that is the biggest miracle of all. Why would a virgin birth be hard, if God can create life from no life, same with resurrecting the dead.

As for you, provided I got you right, God as well as the Hindu deities are just imagination, they can logically not exceed imagination.

Nevertheless, I suppose that our capacity to think and imagine is quite limited We see the limitations of other animals but we can't see our own limitations just because of those limitations.
For me all deities of the world are just imagination, imagination is limitless. I will imagine something, you will imagine something other.
And we are 8 billions now.

Our imagination is very limited, we cannot understand or imagine how the universe came into being by natural causes. We have absolutely no testafiable evidence to show how this could happen.

You can make God anything you like, but that cannot change who God is.

If God created the universe, and he created life from no life, that is the biggest miracle of all. Why would a virgin birth be hard, if God can create life from no life, same with resurrecting the dead.
That knowledge will not come by imagination but scientific experiments.
God has to exist before we can change him. What evidence you have for him?
There is a big 'if' there, which you overlook.

Design of those who benefited by proposing their God or did so because of their psychological compulsions?

All of us have an idea of God. Even a convinced atheist has an idea of what he or she is denying to exist.
I think everyone shares the idea that God exceeds our imagination. But still, we have our thoughts and imagination; be it philosophical, emotional, in prayer.

Who would like to share?
My God is my Greater Self, my full potential being. I have no idea what this looks like as it is beyond objective reality.

69421.jpg

My favorite image of God.

Not the only one, though.

That knowledge will not come by imagination but scientific experiments.
How can there possibly be evidence for events that happened 14 or 20 or 50 billion years ago?
God has to exist before we can change him. What evidence you have for him?
No evidence, only faith and trust.

There is a big 'if' there, which you overlook.
There is an even bigger 'If' there. What real hard evidence do you have, to show how the universe came about by natural causes only?

Just because most people find it okay to be rude to you doesn't make it alright.

I'm not going to laugh at you; you've said nothing funny.
In my small town, the Krishna devotees publicly feed people every week and at some times every day.
Everyone feels the love from these devotees(who never preach) and know the meaning of prasad, because they experience it.
Many of these people are Christians as well as many other non-Hindus and atheists.
This is the true love that transcends our apparent differences.

(I'm gonna have a cheese sandwich tomorrow, I haven't had one in ages, thanks for the reminder)

How can there possibly be evidence for events that happened 14 or 20 or 50 billion years ago?
No evidence, only faith and trust.
There is an even bigger 'If' there. What real hard evidence do you have, to show how the universe came about by natural causes only?
You need to study the subject. What you are asking for takes many years.
I do not go only by faith or trust.
Again, to understand that requires many years of study.
What kind of schools have you studied in? Normally, a 10 or 12 years of school education tells you the basics.

You need to study the subject. What you are asking for takes many years.
The Big Bang is a believable theory, it has been described in layman terms, we don't have to be scientists to understand the concept of the BB. However, as the theory stands, something popped into existence and went Bang, what was that something and where did it come from?

If you believe this popping into existence could happen by natural causes, then this is your belief. Pre Big Bang seems vague at the moment.

Reactions: RJM
Time and space (nature) began at the BB? Science cannot measure beyond the singularity where time and space and matter are reduced to a point that occupies no space.

Was there a time before time, or an existence before space?

Why should the universe be restricted to time and space just because we as natural material beings cannot see or imagine anything beyond or outside of time and space?

Back