Why I take the Bible literally

I just don't understand who I'm harming by believing what I believe.
That is the issue. It is harming the very thing you Love, it is making a mockery of Faith in Jesus the Christ in an age of discovery. It is when knowledge becomes a veil to truth.

Consider the harm you are imparting, you are basically accusing all those that try to show you the sound evidence as being part of a conspiracy to veil people from the truth of our material existence, when that truth is very easily researched and confirmed as trustworthy and truthful.

It is good you brought this topic out, as these are all God given challenges, for all of us, as this life is about self discovery.

"Dost thou deem thyself a small and puny form,When thou foldest within thyself the greater world?"

Regards Tony

So you have presented nothing new, It is just the same old world doing the same old things in ever-changing ways. You really should visit the real world and find this out for yourself. You will also find that it is spherical.
I've been in your so called real world for a very long time, I only recently started learning about your "fake" world and it's surprisingly enlightening.

I meant by my post things that one living in a modern democracy would be surprised by not necessarily in ancient times and foreign nations. Stuff that would definitely be surprising in the modern western nations.

Pardon me if I wasn't clear enough.

Things I used to take for granted are seeming less certain.

YouTube misinformation policies

Includes manipulated or misattributed content:

• Manipulated content: Content that has been technically manipulated or doctored in a way that misleads users (beyond clips taken out of context) and may pose a serious risk of egregious harm.
  • Misattributed content: Content that may pose a serious risk of egregious harm by falsely claiming that old footage from a past event is from a current event.
For example: there's a clip of Buzz Aldrin earlier doctored to make it appear he denied the moon landing. Or of the airline pilot above, saying he knows the earth is flat, but which is clearly sarcastic.

What actual harm does it do? Perhaps that's the issue? However it is clearly intended to deceive, imo. Deliberate lying, really?

People complain -- Buzz Aldrin complains -- and You Tube is required to listen and take action ... to preserve the integrity of their own platform
well if buzz aldrin punched me for denying him, as someoene else mentioned here, i'd punch him back 10 times harder (so threatened by anyone who doesn't agree with what he says).

As for youtube, all the material by flatearthers there is gone, not just certain groups who violated policy, but any and everything, indiscriminately.

Even I don't agree with them on everything (I don't believe in the literal dome shaped waters as the firmament, I believe it just gets really dark and cold as you get very far way from the sun) but they deleted all content on flat earth. I can't even find it on google which is strange since it such a hot topic.

Even I don't agree with them on everything (I don't believe in the literal dome shaped waters as the firmament, I believe it just gets really dark and cold as you get very far way from the sun) but they deleted all content on flat earth. I can't even find it on google which is strange since it such a hot topic.
I see that is a sound thought to have about the darkness and the cold. The Sun gives light and Heat, the further from the source we get is darkness and coldness.

As to the rest, flat earth is being removed as it is provable false news. We are communicating right now as mankind has put satellites into space above the earth.

Some of what man has put into space also has the capability of video and photos, which is viewable by us.

Flat earth is 100% provable false news. That is just plain and simple, that is black and white, that is the light and flat earth is the darkness.

Regards Tony

It depends on how a literal interpretation is utilized.

Those who used passages to promote bigotry and slavery harmed others by using their beliefs against them.

As do folk today who use it misogynisticly or against guys.

Literal interpretations have been known to oppress, separate folks, and condone bad behaviour.
that sounds, once again, like the thought police.

The Bible never mentioned anything about the tribe of Kush being cursed, it mentioned Canan. Kush is the tribe that Black Africans come from, not Canan so the slavemasters were lying either way.

As for Islamic and Judeo-Christian societies, they were largely patriarchal (led by men). What is harmful is when people take that out of context and to the extreme, to falsely use it for mistreating and abusing women and the Bible and Quran, speak very favorably of righteous women, like Ruth, Deborah, Mary, Queen Candace of Ethiopia (Black Africa rooted in ancient Nubia etc.

I see that is a sound thought to have about the darkness and the cold. The Sun gives light and Heat, the further from the source we get is darkness and coldness.
thanks for the reply and to RJM I happily stand corrected. I'm glad we still have freedom of speech. I had a tough time finding this by a search on youtube but I will enjoy the links you provided me.

thanks for the reply and to RJM I happily stand corrected. I'm glad we still have freedom of speech. I had a tough time finding this by a search on youtube but I will enjoy the links you provided me.
I would remark, on the other hand, that having been a Muslim during the aftermath of 9/11 (and also what little bit I know about the Black power movement) I've never seen so much fake news in my life, it was sickening. They were telling so many lies about Islam and Muslims that it was insane.

Based off my life's experience I've never known that fake news was prohibited in America.

I was also wondering how globalists explain the lack of sun rays outside the atmosphere between the earth and the sun. I can see sun rays just by opening the blinds and can block them off in the shade of another object, just wondering. It seems to go from pure light to pure darkness as soon as they get out of the so called atmosphere.

Last edited:
the primary counterargument I've gotten is that there are no rays from the sun to the moon, but that still doesn't make up for the obvious fact that there should be rays between the sun and earth, it just means that I have to figure out why not on the moon and I could estimate maybe because their is a different distance different elements any other plausible hypothesis etc.

they are under a blue canopy of hydrogen and suddenly the blue turns black the sun looking like an orange fireball with nothing but darkness around it as if the sun is out at night with no rays (day to night under the so called atmosphere to above it.

I realize there are flaws in these arguments but I just wanted to test this theory to see if it is flawed and why.

I was also wondering how globalists explain the lack of sun rays outside the atmosphere between the earth and the sun. I can see sun rays just by opening the blinds and can block them off in the shade of another object, just wondering. It seems to go from pure light to pure darkness as soon as they get out of the so called atmosphere.
Woah, what?

You are surprised the sun doesn't shine on anything when there isn't something to shine on? Or that it only reflects off (and/or heats) onjects that are in its way?

Reactions: RJM
i only hold that there should be rays between the earth and sun so if they go to space, closer to the sun there should be rays between it and the earth such as light particles . Otherwise, as some hold, the light is on the sun, then magically appears on the ground with no path to get there in between. I know that's not what they teach in school but it just doesn't seem to make sense.

they are under a blue canopy of hydrogen and suddenly the blue turns black the sun looking like an orange fireball with nothing but darkness around it as if the sun is out at night with no rays (day to night under the so called atmosphere to above it.

I realize there are flaws in these arguments but I just wanted to test this theory to see if it is flawed and why.

i only hold that there should be rays between the earth and sun so if they go to space, closer to the sun there should be rays between it and the earth such as light particles . Otherwise, as some hold, the light is on the sun, then magically appears on the ground with no path to get there in between. I know that's not what they teach in school but it just doesn't seem to make sense.
There is no air in space. The blue that looks like the sky is light reflected back off the earth and then reflected and diffused back again from the air particles because of the atmosphere.

When you rise above the atmosphere, space is black because there is no air to reflect light from the sun.

But if there is a ping pong ball or piece of rock in space, such as a moon or planet it will reflect the light of the sun. I don't know what you mean by light rays.

Does that help? Is there a problem with that?

@abuyusufalshafii

Before you ask -- the heat radiation from the sun is trapped by the atmosphere too. That's why it gets colder higher up, as the air gets thinner.

The fact a mountain climber gets a few thousand feet closer to the sun makes no real difference to the amount of heat radiation from the sun absorbed directly by his body because the sun is 96 million miles away.

The atmosphere consists of water vapour molecules too, and also dust particles closer to the ground, all of which hold and diffuse light and heat radiation in the atmosphere.

The earth generates its own heat from the interior, which is why it gets hotter the deeper underground.

Last edited:
the thing that still gets me about it is if heat and light are gathered in the interior of the atmosphere, than how come i can block heat and light just by standing in the shade (immediately cooler and darker. If the heat and light were all distributed under the atmosphere than there should be no shadows when someone or something stands in between the sun and the ground. I hope I worded that well enough and expressed my views clearly enough.

Back