It is not for us to question G!d's intent, but...

Eve questioned Yahweh's intent,
Did she? Where?

Job destroyed Yahweh's plan,
Did he? Where?

the Christian bible is full of verses that require questioning! To be a Sheeple is to accept something without Critical Thinking!
All wisdom traditions have teachings that transcend logic and reason. That doesn't require suspension of critical thinking. Indeed, Judaism embraces those points and uses them as teaching moments. I've seen thoughtful Christians do the same.

I don't understand why someone would wish to wander the land of the dead while still alive? There will be ample time for that, I wish to enjoy and appreciate the life I've been given while I still have this precious gift.

1694739836522.png

Last edited:
1694740942253.png

"We Indians have an expression 'today is a good day to die'. It means that we should be ready to die on any given day. We should always be prepared to die, and have no regrets. That's why it's important to begin each day fresh, and not let past problems or present distractions cloud how God wants us to live".[7]

Sure thing . . . I don't what atheists call religious people, I don't really care.
We on the Western Left Hand Path certainly use the term to this day, because it is ultimately fitting, much like a shoe.
Anything else?
Wrong style and size🩴🥿👠👡👢👞👟🥾

Make the shoe to fit the foot, don't change the foot to fit the shoe

It is not for us to question G!d's intent, or plans if you will. But to better understand what makes Him tick, I think He actually enjoys letting a genuine seeker sneak a peek behind the curtain from time to time.

In other words, it is not my place to tell G!d He is wrong, that things should be different. It is acceptable to try to understand why things are the way they are.

---

I posted this awhile back and RabbiO mentioned a Midrash. Rather than let this be forgotten, I would like to post this here in the hope he will be more comfortable to reply.

I look forward to @RabbiO expanding on this subject, please sir.
Why wouldn't your god allow critical thinking and Free Will?
Because your god is not THE god, is a typical ancient Near Eastern "divine warrior", who leads the heavenly army against Israel's enemies. He is a God of War, make no mistake.

The Jews and Christians both fashioned their God after an ancient pre-Islamic Arabian (3000 BC) deity. Yahweh was a North Arabian War God who was worshiped by the Semitic tribes living near the Gulf of Aqaba originating with the Midianite, Hebrew, Moabite, and Edomite tribes of southern Jordan and Palestine. Yahweh's consort was the fertility Goddess Ashira. (what happened to Her?)

Who says He doesn't?

With due respect, you've made several claims of late that were unfounded. Why should I presume otherwise now?
If your god is omniscient, as proposed in your book, then Man having free will is false, and the first example of this is the Garden of Eden episode . . . speaking of which

⦁ If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect.
⦁ If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.
⦁ If God is omniscient, then God knows when evil exists.
⦁ If God is morally perfect, then God has the desire to eliminate all evil.
⦁ However, Evil exists.
⦁ If evil exists and God exists, then either God doesn’t have the power to eliminate all evil, or doesn’t know when evil exists, or doesn’t have the desire to eliminate all Evil.
⦁ Conclusion: God Does Not Exist

Why wouldn't your god allow critical thinking and Free Will?
Because your god is not THE god, is a typical ancient Near Eastern "divine warrior", who leads the heavenly army against Israel's enemies. He is a God of War, make no mistake.

The Jews and Christians both fashioned their God after an ancient pre-Islamic Arabian (3000 BC) deity. Yahweh was a North Arabian War God who was worshiped by the Semitic tribes living near the Gulf of Aqaba originating with the Midianite, Hebrew, Moabite, and Edomite tribes of southern Jordan and Palestine. Yahweh's consort was the fertility Goddess Ashira. (what happened to Her?)
Your reference?

⦁ If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect.
For sure..

⦁ If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.
..and He will .. in His "own time" :)

⦁ If God is omniscient, then God knows when evil exists.
⦁ If God is morally perfect, then God has the desire to eliminate all evil.
⦁ However, Evil exists.
⦁ If evil exists and God exists, then either God doesn’t have the power to eliminate all evil, or doesn’t know when evil exists, or doesn’t have the desire to eliminate all Evil.
False.
Mankind are always in a hurry, and are wont to mislead.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"
"More haste, less speed"

Nobody has all the answers .. why calamities happen and so on .. but a world
in which people worship G-d, and behave righteously, is FAR, far better than
one in which people behave badly!

Back