What type of music is in the bible, difference the music and know what God said is he's music and from the world's music ?

Why would he refer to himself in the third person?
Who refers to himself in the third person?

Nietzsche’s comment in On the Genealogy of Morals was probably inspired by Goethe’s Faust, in which Faust counters the Gospel of John’s “In the beginning was the Word” with “In the beginning was the Deed!” (scene 3, Faust’s Study).

There are several things going on. In the first place, Nietzsche is denying the independence of will and action. In the moral tradition that Nietzsche opposes, action is understood to be caused by the will, and the will is understood to be a faculty of the self, mind, or soul. It is an “inner” entity that causes outer, external, physical actions to take place. The will is what Nietzsche has in mind when he speaks of the “doer.” The moral significance of the doer is that, as the cause of action, it is fit to be held morally responsible for the actions it causes – assuming that the doer might always have done otherwise, i.e. assuming free will.

Rock music at a Rolling Stones concert, church music in church, classical music at a theater hall orchestra performance, wedding music at a wedding, everyday radio around the workplace, etc.

No need for rock electric guitars music in (my) church, imo ...
That statement is utterly ignorant. In accordance to your Lord, who created electricity? Your Lord did. Who birthed Mick Jagger? Your Lord did.

Who refers to himself in the third person?

Nietzsche’s comment in On the Genealogy of Morals was probably inspired by Goethe’s Faust, in which Faust counters the Gospel of John’s “In the beginning was the Word” with “In the beginning was the Deed!” (scene 3, Faust’s Study).

There are several things going on. In the first place, Nietzsche is denying the independence of will and action. In the moral tradition that Nietzsche opposes, action is understood to be caused by the will, and the will is understood to be a faculty of the self, mind, or soul. It is an “inner” entity that causes outer, external, physical actions to take place. The will is what Nietzsche has in mind when he speaks of the “doer.” The moral significance of the doer is that, as the cause of action, it is fit to be held morally responsible for the actions it causes – assuming that the doer might always have done otherwise, i.e. assuming free will.
That's nice, but the subject of the OP is music...sound. Words are composed of sounds.

G!d spoke, and the Universe came into being. That is where Nietzsche got the name of his book from, and Strauss the name for his musical piece - brilliantly used by Stanley Kubrick to illustrate the Dawn of Humanity.

The concept of G!d speaking the Universe into existence is a frequent theme in religions, not only Zoroastrianism, but Judaism, Christianity and the Hindu faiths as well.

That is why I pictured the "Om" (alternately "Aum").

Last edited:
That statement is utterly ignorant. In accordance to your Lord, who created electricity? Your Lord did. Who birthed Mick Jagger? Your Lord did.
What's wrong with you? I'm a great Stones fan. But it's not temple music. There are differences between types of sounds. They create different energies. Whatever ... I'm just trying to get the essence of the intention of the thread OP, lol

Like food, there are many preferences people have when it comes to music, even worship music. Some of the compromises to please everyone, or at least attempt it, in churches lead to a sort of music that doesn't really commit. To me it feels like a compromise. One reason people leave churches unfortunately.

IMHO If you're looking to make rock music, then commit to it instead of an in between iffy sounding sort of thing. Don't hold back because rock music doesn't hold back ...
This

I understand their intentions are good but I hated when my church played cringy guitar 'worship' music during mass lol. The lyrics were always just something like "JESUS I LOVE YOUU" over and over

Zarathrustra never wrote that quote . . .
Zoroastrianism is the forerunner of monotheistic thinking, and thus, IMO, the stain upon all Abrahamic faiths
Zarathustra was probably later than Moshe/Moses, and for sure much later than Abraham, so it's not a forerunner.
You are probably right in that Zarathustra was a prophet that converted polytheism to monotheism. In the Gathas, the old structure of the old Persian polytheistic religion is still visible but those deities are understood as spirits. It's very difficult to redraw the path of this religion because there seems to be a large gap in time between the old scripts and the larger library of the strictly monotheistic Parsic religion that were written in middle -Persian not much before Muhammad (p.b.u.h), where other monotheist religions, in particular Christianity and Manichaeism had already spread out. Nevertheless, it is likely that the Parsic religion was monotheist much before the later scriptures were written.

I suppose that the Parsic religion had a significant influence on Judaism in the 2nd Temple period, and that the first vision of the End of this world , as described in the anonymous Enokh literature, originated from unknown Parsic prophets.

Zarathustra was probably later than Moshe/Moses, and for sure much later than Abraham, so it's not a forerunner.
You are probably right in that Zarathustra was a prophet that converted polytheism to monotheism. In the Gathas, the old structure of the old Persian polytheistic religion is still visible but those deities are understood as spirits. It's very difficult to redraw the path of this religion because there seems to be a large gap in time between the old scripts and the larger library of the strictly monotheistic Parsic religion that were written in middle -Persian not much before Muhammad (p.b.u.h), where other monotheist religions, in particular Christianity and Manichaeism had already spread out. Nevertheless, it is likely that the Parsic religion was monotheist much before the later scriptures were written.

I suppose that the Parsic religion had a significant influence on Judaism in the 2nd Temple period, and that the first vision of the End of this world , as described in the anonymous Enokh literature, originated from unknown Parsic prophets.
Parsis are an ethnoreligious group of the Indian subcontinent adhering to Zoroastrianism. They are descended from Persians who migrated to Medieval India during and after the Arab conquest of the Persian Empire (part of the early Muslim conquests) in order to preserve their Zoroastrian identity.

Zoroastrianism entered recorded history around the middle of the 6th century BCE. but is probably earlier . . . so it is thousands of years older than the Parsis (between the 8th and 10th centuries A.D.)

This is why. Music is important we have many views and respected. But the world plays the devil music and we cannot percieve it go to find the original music of God and simplify your life ;D.

What music is from God and world music is mistaken. What did he told use the music he wants and instruments ?

The bible says what he told us since the time of the bible. Using harps and trumpets he told Israel to use them.

How to know the violin, saxophone, and piano some are the devil things some playtunes are his.

Ask the question what he told us to play and we can use in music ?
There is also a debate in Islam about music.
Some hadith indicate that Muhammad (p.b.u.h) disliked music (probably under circumstances that are not clear in the traditions) but others indicate that he liked or at least permitted music.

The renown school Dar-al-Ifta in Cairo declares music permissible unless its purpose is against Islamic teaching:

The Salafi declare it forbidden.

I know that Jewish Psalms were sung and usually accompanied by plucked instruments, and Ps. 150

Hallelujah.
Praise God in His sanctuary;
praise Him in the sky, His stronghold.
Praise Him for His mighty acts;
praise Him for His exceeding greatness.
Praise Him with blasts of the horn;
praise Him with harp and lyre.
Praise Him with timbrel and dance;
praise Him with lute and pipe.
Praise Him with resounding cymbals;
praise Him with loud-clashing cymbals.
Let all that breathes praise the LORD.
Hallelujah.
and Ps 98
Sing to the LORD a new song,
for He has worked wonders;
His right hand, His holy arm,
has won Him victory.
The LORD has manifested His victory,
has displayed His triumph in the sight of the nations.
He was mindful of His steadfast love and faithfulness toward the house of Israel;
all the ends of the earth beheld the victory of our God.
Raise a shout to the LORD, all the earth,
break into joyous songs of praise!
Sing praise to the LORD with the lyre,
with the lyre and melodious song.
With trumpets and the blast of the horn
raise a shout before the LORD, the King.
Let the sea and all within it thunder,
the world and its inhabitants;
let the rivers clap their hands,
the mountains sing joyously together
at the presence of the LORD,
for He is coming to rule the earth;
He will rule the world justly,
and its peoples with equity
(translation JPS 1985)

As I accept the Tanakh as inspired scripture, I can't agree to the Salafi interpretation.

As you raise the topic of musical instruments in a Jewish-Christan context, also mentioning that there are people who assign some instruments to the devil, I would be interested in Jewish and Christian arguments when which music is welcome and what kind of music is disliked, and the sources of their arguments.

Last edited:
@talib-al-kalim
Lots of singing in Jewish festivals and when the Torah is read nowadays, Torah is sung and has special notes(I had to learn them for my Bar-Mitzva).
Amongst orthodox Jews, the playing of musical instruments on Shabbat, Yom Kippur and certain other holy days is forbidden(I assume it is considered as 'work'). Otherwise, as far as I know, no instruments are forbidden.

(There is no devil in Judaism).

Here is link to some of the history
https://www.chabad.org/multimedia/music_cdo/aid/931078/jewish/Torah-Reading-Trop.htm

Both Christianity and Islam explain that music is to be used for glorifying and worshipping God, nothing else.
Judaism sees music as the sound of the soul, a connection to one another and with the Divine.
None of these faiths mention what instruments are considered okay and not okay.

@talib-al-kalim
Lots of singing in Jewish festivals and when the Torah is read nowadays, Torah is sung and has special notes(I had to learn them for my Bar-Mitzva).
Amongst orthodox Jews, the playing of musical instruments on Shabbat, Yom Kippur and certain other holy days is forbidden(I assume it is considered as 'work'). Otherwise, as far as I know, no instruments are forbidden.

Here is link to some of the history
https://www.chabad.org/multimedia/music_cdo/aid/931078/jewish/Torah-Reading-Trop.htm
It's similar to reciting the Quran. But we don't have a particular melody; thus not all imams intone it in the same way.
I'm surprised that the meaning of the chantillation marks is known. I have read from a Christian Old Testament Professor that the meaning of the signs had been forgotten.Has it been preserved in tradition or has it been reconstructed (or a combination of both)?

It's similar to reciting the Quran. But we don't have a particular melody; thus not all imams intone it in the same way.
I'm surprised that the meaning of the chantillation marks is known. I have read from a Christian Old Testament Professor that the meaning of the signs had been forgotten.Has it been preserved in tradition or has it been reconstructed (or a combination of both)?
I do not know but found this via the link I gave
"Question:

Is it important that the Torah be read in the traditional melody? Who made up these melodies anyway?

Response:

The actual Torah scroll contains only letters. The printed editions, known as Chumashim, commonly contain not only the vowel markings, but also cantillation marks. Each mark signifies a different melodic phrase with which to chant a word or group of words. In Hebrew, these marks are called ta'amim—from the word ta'am, meaning taste—or in Yiddish, the trop.

The trop is an integral part of reading the Torah and has historical, mystical, as well as practical relevance."

History:

The use of the cantillation marks in current use dates to at least the 9th-10th century CE. This was the era of the Masoretes, meticulous scribes in Tiberias, Jerusalem and Babylon who worked to establish a precise common text, vowelization and cantillation for the Tanakh.1 The tradition of the ta'amim by which the Torah is to be sung, however, is as old as the Torah itself. It was taught to Moses together with the vowels, as it is integral to the correct understanding of the Torah.2 3 It is only that the system of notation may have been developed later (and this is also debated). Nonetheless, at one point in history, some of the details of the ta'amim were forgotten by much of the Jewish community, and Ezra the Scribe reintroduced them4."

There is more in the link

Well this why this conversation and their is some music hebrew have from babylon influence from Moses time and remember Israel has influence from many culture which they say it does not come from their culture or God. But copied it from other cultures I will bring the documentary showing that even Israel in times worship Moloch and did use music which is not of God but saying that music influence as all and some do not know where it comes from, God's music must show itself and is somethin that alerts people follow the real music of God and be the real people of God like Jews.

Back