Sapere aude

removed

Last edited:
Ah, so you're saying that everything you say as a Christian is original? I'm sorry, but if you ask an atheist a question and expect something other than an atheist response, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. To suggest that it's yawn-worthy when you get the response from someone with a particular worldview that you'd expect from someone with that particular worldview is a bit rude.
I've not seen you post anything original as a Christian. Should everyone yawn whenever you post with a Christian worldview response?

I'm a Pagan, by the way. What sort of response do you think might be yawn-worthy from me....just so I know in advance.
I don't think RJM is a Christian, why would you ASSume that?

Reactions: RJM
IMO Interfaith dialogue isn't about smoothing everything over with polite platitudes. It's a robust discussion -- but where we try to see a bit through the other's eyes and walk a bit in his shoes

IMO Interfaith dialogue isn't about smoothing everything over with polite platitudes. It's a robust discussion -- but where we try to see a bit through the other's eyes and walk a bit in his shoes
Yes, and I can state I've heard your sort of comments before....ad nauseam. Mine don't involve fallacies, though.:rolleyes:

Yes, and I can state I've heard your sort of comments before....ad nauseam. Mine don't involve fallacies, though.:rolleyes:
Yes. But your assumption is that any 'spiritual' experience is internally generated by chemical reactions in the brain.

It's just your assertion and in the end we just bang heads together so what's the point?

People here are discussing subtleties. All you bring is a brick wall ... so

Yes. But your assumption is that any 'spiritual' experience is internally generated by chemical reactions in the brain.

It's just your assertion and in the end we just bang heads together so what's the point?

People here are discussing subtleties. All you bring is a brick wall ... so
It's an assertion based on evidence presented in studies in psychology, neuroscience, psychiatry, etc.

You are just committing the fallacy of personal experience.

Right. Welcome again to the forums :)

Right. Welcome again to the forums :)
I find it very remarkable that we had Hippocrates (around 400 BC), who's usually called the father of modern medicine. He realized that progress is best made when spirits and the like are ignored.

Life expectancies way up, less pain and suffering, advanced tech today like MRI and CT, etc. Identification & treatment of mental disorders versus demons and spirits.

We are very fortunate to be living today.

And you want to go back to before 400 BC. Dawkins would refer to you as an "Enemy of Reason" (old TV show).

I find it very remarkable that we had Hippocrates (around 400 BC), who's usually called the father of modern medicine. He realized that progress is best made when spirits and the like are ignored.

Life expectancies way up, less pain and suffering, advanced tech today like MRI and CT, etc. Identification & treatment of mental disorders versus demons and spirits.

We are very fortunate to be living today.

And you want to go back to before 400 BC. Dawkins would refer to you as an "Enemy of Reason" (old TV show).
Oh wow!
Profound
I'm convinced
Yawn ...

Oh wow!
Profound
I'm convinced
Yawn ...
1704738024440.png

I find it very remarkable that we had Hippocrates (around 400 BC), who's usually called the father of modern medicine. He realized that progress is best made when spirits and the like are ignored..
Yes, I agree we should ignore "spirits" ..
In fact, it would be a good idea to include beer & cider too. ;)

I figure if G@d can partake in those kinds of spirits.....so can I!

Cheers!
Very shallow
You mark yourself by your depth of engagement with deeper thought imo

Back