I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

Why do psychologists say "And how does that make you feel"?

Many years ago I was doing a tile repair for a psychologist, And I asked him this question, What is the best thing I could start doing that would help me in any type of relationship?

He said this: in this famous quote, this information helps me with family relationships, husband and wife, relatives You name it.

Maya Angelou was the source of a lot of wisdom over the course of her amazing life and career, exemplified by one of her most famous quotes: I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I ask each person questions to find out one thing:
"And how does that make you feel"? 💖
Then start doing or saying something that helps the other person feel better!

Does anyone agree?

Why do psychologists say "And how does that make you feel"?

Many years ago I was doing a tile repair for a psychologist, And I asked him this question, What is the best thing I could start doing that would help me in any type of relationship?

He said this: in this famous quote, this information helps me with family relationships, husband and wife, relatives You name it.

Maya Angelou was the source of a lot of wisdom over the course of her amazing life and career, exemplified by one of her most famous quotes: I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

I ask each person questions to find out one thing:
"And how does that make you feel"? 💖
Then start doing or saying something that helps the other person feel better!

Does anyone agree?
That is very true, Walter.

Does your faith believe that people will be resurrected to a life on earth? And live forever in a new world on earth?
No Walter, we have a different frame of reference on this topic. The resurrection is a spiritual reality. The Bible offers this as being born from the flesh into the Spirit, which death of the flesh can not overtake.

We are told there is no real separation between this life and the life to come, it is a relative state of existence. It seems the world to come is a world of light, where our spirit is bathed in light.

Always happy to chat about this. Regards Tony

I think there are loving people, super great people in all religions all over this planet! 💖 I agree with anyone that believes this too.
I had just read this quote from the Baha'i Writings when I read your reply. If anyone practices their faith as God has asked us to do, then in reality we all share the same faith, that of service to each other.

I will put the quote under a spoiler, so you can read if you choose to. RegardsTony

“When Christians act according to the teachings of Christ, they are called Bahá’ís. For the foundations of Christianity and the religion of Bahá’u’lláh are one. The foundations of all the divine Prophets and Holy Books are one. The difference among them is one of terminology only. Each springtime is identical with the former springtime. The distinction between them is only one of the calendar -- 1911, 1912 and so on. The difference between a Christian and a Bahá’í, therefore, is this: There was a former springtime, and there is a springtime now. No other difference exists because the foundations are the same. Whoever acts completely in accordance with the teachings of Christ is a Bahá’í. The purpose is the essential meaning of Christian, not the mere word. The purpose is the sun itself and not the dawning points. For though the sun is one sun, its dawning points are many. We must not adore the dawning points but worship the sun. We must adore the reality of religion and not blindly cling to the appellation Christianity. The Sun of Reality must be worshiped and followed. We must seek the fragrance of the rose from whatever bush it is blooming -- whether oriental or western. Be seekers of light, no matter from which lantern it shines forth. Be not lovers of the lantern. At one time the light has shone from a lantern in the East, now in the West. If it comes from North, South, from whatever direction it proceeds, follow the light.”

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 247

RegardsTony

No Walter, we have a different frame of reference on this topic. The resurrection is a spiritual reality. The Bible offers this as being born from the flesh into the Spirit, which death of the flesh can not overtake.

We are told there is no real separation between this life and the life to come, it is a relative state of existence. It seems the world to come is a world of light, where our spirit is bathed in light.

Always happy to chat about this. Regards Tony
Thanks for explaining to me the way you believe. :) 💖

Last edited:
Everyone has favorite scriptures to support their beliefs, if we only use favorite scriptures alone, could it be possible that our belief might be missing some valuable information from another scripture?

You pick the belief, we could give it a try?

I'm not trying to start debates, I just really enjoy engaging with others about subjects people feel is important. 💖 🙄

Last edited:
I had just read this quote from the Baha'i Writings when I read your reply. If anyone practices their faith as God has asked us to do, then in reality we all share the same faith, that of service to each other.

I will put the quote under a spoiler, so you can read if you choose to. RegardsTony

“When Christians act according to the teachings of Christ, they are called Bahá’ís. For the foundations of Christianity and the religion of Bahá’u’lláh are one. The foundations of all the divine Prophets and Holy Books are one. The difference among them is one of terminology only. Each springtime is identical with the former springtime. The distinction between them is only one of the calendar -- 1911, 1912 and so on. The difference between a Christian and a Bahá’í, therefore, is this: There was a former springtime, and there is a springtime now. No other difference exists because the foundations are the same. Whoever acts completely in accordance with the teachings of Christ is a Bahá’í. The purpose is the essential meaning of Christian, not the mere word. The purpose is the sun itself and not the dawning points. For though the sun is one sun, its dawning points are many. We must not adore the dawning points but worship the sun. We must adore the reality of religion and not blindly cling to the appellation Christianity. The Sun of Reality must be worshiped and followed. We must seek the fragrance of the rose from whatever bush it is blooming -- whether oriental or western. Be seekers of light, no matter from which lantern it shines forth. Be not lovers of the lantern. At one time the light has shone from a lantern in the East, now in the West. If it comes from North, South, from whatever direction it proceeds, follow the light.”

‘Abdu’l-Bahá, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 247

RegardsTony

click below to see all scriptures
"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. --Psalms 37:10-11

May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. --Matthew 6:10 New Living Translation

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, --Daniel 2:44, Luke 1:31-33, Isaiah 9:6-7

A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever. -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever. --Psalms 104:5

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. --Matthew 5:5

But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness. --2 Peter 3:13, Isaiah, 66:22

And the righteous ones inherit the Earth and dwell upon it for eternity. --Psalms 37:29 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look, God’s dwelling is with humanity, and he will live with them. They will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them and will be their God. --Revelation 21:1-3 Christian standard Bible

enjoy good health and youthful energy.—Job 33:25

have plenty to eat, a comfortable home, and satisfying work.—Psalm 72:16; Isaiah 65:21, 22

experience abundance of peace. —Psalm 37:11

He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Yahweh will wipe away the tears from all faces. --Isaiah 25:8

And no resident* will say: “I am sick.” —Isaiah 33:24; 35:5, 6.

justice will reside in the wilderness, And righteousness will dwell —Isaiah 32:16, 17

He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth. —Psalm 46:9.

For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind, Nor will they come up into the heart. —Isaiah 65:17."

Last edited:
how can I do that spoiler feature, Myself? Thank You.
Use this bracket [ before and after ] first and last spoiler text - Sorry of I do it it comes up as a spoiler, so do not use ()

(spoiler=spoiler name) subject text (/spoiler)

Same text with [] these brackets

subject text

Regards Tony

Last edited:
Crosses, or types of, are ancient symbols, even back in early Egyptian history.

Google “Crux ansata” or “ankh”

Hello again. I would just like to say without rancor that God is not a name. It is a title, like man, child, etc.
Mr...king...senator...is a title

Man is an identifier. Human, or male human.

Child identifies a young human...not a title/rank achieved or bestowed.

Someone bestowed your title of G!d on who or what?

Arguing over cross, T, post or tree, ranks as a "so what" to me.

Of course of all the things Jesus did, or was purported to have done, using the instrument of his death as the symbol for what he taught seems more than a little morbid and off-putting to me..downright insulting.

I like the fish better...but think that business using it to gain more dollars...is also off-putting a s insulting to the teachings.

Arguing over cross, T, post or tree, ranks as a "so what" to me.

Of course of all the things Jesus did, or was purported to have done, using the instrument of his death as the symbol for what he taught seems more than a little morbid and off-putting to me..downright insulting.

I like the fish better...but think that business using it to gain more dollars...is also off-putting a s insulting to the teachings.
I think he was just talking about it because he is a new member, he doesn't realize unless he reads all the threads on this post, it's been thoroughly covered. we're onto some new subjects..

Reactions: RJM
course of all the things Jesus did, or was purported to have done, using the instrument of his death as the symbol for what he taught seems more than a little morbid and off-putting to me..downright insulting.
His death and resurrection.

Christ's mighty sacrifice -- the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world -- to end blood sacrifice forever.

The rending of the temple veil

Just touching the surface of the meaning of the cross ... there are libraries of books about the meaning of the cross, imo

Thanks for the different conversations we've had throughout this post, I enjoy the opportunity to talk with others, I don't get out much, thanks again.

I would like to send out some kindness to everyone out there and the big hug. 💖
y573SWo.gif

I know it's kind of silly.

Last edited:
click below to see all scriptures
"Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. --Psalms 37:10-11

May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. --Matthew 6:10 New Living Translation

“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever, --Daniel 2:44, Luke 1:31-33, Isaiah 9:6-7

A generation is going, and a generation is coming, But the earth remains forever. -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever. --Psalms 104:5

Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. --Matthew 5:5

But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness. --2 Peter 3:13, Isaiah, 66:22

And the righteous ones inherit the Earth and dwell upon it for eternity. --Psalms 37:29 Aramaic Bible in Plain English

Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look, God’s dwelling is with humanity, and he will live with them. They will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them and will be their God. --Revelation 21:1-3 Christian standard Bible

enjoy good health and youthful energy.—Job 33:25

have plenty to eat, a comfortable home, and satisfying work.—Psalm 72:16; Isaiah 65:21, 22

experience abundance of peace. —Psalm 37:11

He will swallow up death forever, And the Sovereign Lord Yahweh will wipe away the tears from all faces. --Isaiah 25:8

And no resident* will say: “I am sick.” —Isaiah 33:24; 35:5, 6.

justice will reside in the wilderness, And righteousness will dwell —Isaiah 32:16, 17

He is bringing an end to wars throughout the earth. —Psalm 46:9.

For look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth; And the former things will not be called to mind, Nor will they come up into the heart. —Isaiah 65:17."
Thank you Walter. As you would know, I can offer those passages can be seen in a different light. I embrace all those passages as true.

This passage I also hold as true

Ezekiel 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.

Regards Tony

Thank you Walter. As you would know, I can offer those passages can be seen in a different light. I embrace all those passages as true.

This passage I also hold as true

Ezekiel 13:9 And mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of my people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord God.

Regards Tony
Everyone has favorite scriptures and the different light they associate with them, I respect your choices. 💖 And thank you so much for the spoiler.

Last edited:
Back