I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

The Jehovah's Witnesses say God's name is Pronounced Yahweh, Yehovah and Jehovah. Jesus name is spelled the same in Spanish but Pronounced totally different.

Pick the Pronunciation you feel is best for your own language. Yahweh is the way God's name is Pronounced in five different languages around the world.

Does it really matter which Pronunciation you pick? ❤️ God would respect you for using his name, just like his Son Jesus did in the Gospels?
Jesus may have Pronounced one way for Arabic another for Hebrew and a different way for Greek, Aramaic and Latin.

The Christian Greek Scriptures themselves report that Jesus often referred to God’s name and made it known to others. (John 17:6, 11, 12, 26) Jesus plainly stated: “I have come in the name of my Father.” He also stressed that his works were done in his “Father’s name.” —John 5:43; 10:25.
Good reply!
Malachi 3:16.

God would respect you for using his name
Good reply!
Water is the English word for H2O dihydro-oxygen

The tetragrammaton is the Hebrew word for the One living God

There are lots of other words for water in many different languages. It is still the same thing.

There are lots of different words for the One living God in many different languages and cultures. 'He' is still the One God. Imo
Malachi 3:16.
"Then those who feared (tetragrammaton) spoke to one another, And (tetragrammaton) listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear (tetragrammaton) And who meditate on His name."

The tetragrammaton name distinguished the living God of Israel from Baal and other idol gods. Using the tetragrammaton as (the only) true name for the One living monotheist God today, implies that there are other living gods too?

IMO

Last edited:
Water is the English word for H2O dihydro-oxygen

The tetragrammaton is the Hebrew word for the One living God

There are lots of other words for water in many different languages.

There are lots of different words for the One living God in many different languages and cultures, imo

"Then those who feared (tetragrammaton) spoke to one another, And (tetragrammaton) listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear (tetragrammaton) And who meditate on His name."

The tetragrammaton name distinguished the living God of Israel from Baal and other idol gods. Using the tetragrammaton as a name for the One living monotheist God today, implies that there are other living gods too?

IMO
Personally I feel this way, Jesus may have different names or titles, but no one will stop me from calling in the name of Jesus, I don't care what the circumstances might be! And no one will stop me from pronouncing the name of Jesus even if I don't know the exact pronunciation that was used 2,000 years ago. I feel the same way about Jesus Father's name!

Am I wrong thinking like this? :) 💖

Last edited:
Personally I feel this way, Jesus may have different names and different titles, but no one will stop me from calling on the name of Jesus, I don't care what the circumstances might be! And no one will stop me from pronouncing the name of Jesus even if I don't know the exact pronunciation that was used 2,000 years ago. I feel the same way about Jesus Father's name!

Am I wrong thinking like this? :) 💖
I don't think you are wrong. Only to acknowledge that in fact God is not limited by one name? To call upon Jesus is to call upon the nature of Christ. To call upon (tetragrammaton) is to entreat the nature of the Father?

But anyone who reaches out with a sincere heart will open the door to the universal nature of Christ -- regardless of time, place or religion, or no religion, imo. It's not really about the name. God meets us where we are?

I don't think you are wrong. Only to acknowledge that in fact God is not limited by one name? To call upon Jesus is to call upon the nature of Christ. To call upon (tetragrammaton) is to entreat the nature of the Father?

But anyone who reaches out with a sincere heart will open the door to the universal nature of Christ -- regardless of time, place or religion, or no religion, imo. It's not really about the name. God meets us where we are?
This one name which is referred to as the tetragrammaton, appears in the Bible some 6,828 times, the scriptures to support the use of this name is abundant in the Bible. I think the best way would be just read the instructions about God's name in the Bible itself, and just follow the instructions as best as you can. Wouldn't God love us for following his direction in the Bible?

RJM if anyone was to read the specific instructions about God's name in the Bible, wouldn't God love that person for making his best attempt?
[ I agree with you, do what you feel is best and look at what the Bible says too.] 💖

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
This one name which is referred to as the tetragrammaton, appears in the Bible some 6,828 times, the scriptures to support the use of this name is abundant in the Bible. I think the best way would be just read the instructions about God's name in the Bible itself, and just follow the instructions as best as you can. Wouldn't God love us for following his direction in the Bible?

RJM if anyone was to read the specific instructions about God's name in the Bible, wouldn't God love that person for making his best attempt, I agree with you, do what you feel is best and look at what the Bible says too. 💖
The key is interpretation Walter. What about the passages that Jesus offered about being called by a new name, such as Revelation 3:12

Regards Tony

RJM if anyone was to read the specific instructions about God's name in the Bible, wouldn't God love that person for making his best attempt?
I agree with you, do what you feel is best and look at what the Bible says too. 💖
@walter there are good English translations of all the great world scriptures available. Should I not compare the Bible to the Quran, to Buddhist and Hindu writings, to the I Ching and other Taoist writings, etc?

Or is this discouraged by JW?

Last edited:
In a way I suppose I'm trying to get a bit under the skin about what the JW don't say?

@walter there are good English translations of all the great world scriptures available. Should I not compare the Bible to the Quran, to Buddhist and Hindu writings, to the I Ching and other Taoist writings, etc?
I am nobody to say anything about anybody, I just put faith in the instructions in the Bible, that's my way, I can't speak for what others do that put faith in different holy scriptures, you're right RJM that's their way. This is really hard for me to talk about i think I'm finished for now.

I am nobody to say anything about anybody, I just put faith in the instructions in the Bible, that's my way, I can't speak for what others do that put faith in different holy scriptures, you're right RJM that's their way. This is really hard for me to talk about i think I'm finished for now.
Sorry I'm deliberately probing and asking difficult questions. No please don't go away. I'll stop now. It's not a big thing.

JW seem to be good people and I don't want to discourage you from being here :)

Sorry I'm deliberately probing and asking difficult questions. No please don't go away. I'll stop now. It's not a big thing.

JW seem to be good people and I don't want to discourage you from being here :)
I love to talk about the Bible and stuff, I just didn't sleep very well last night, you know I love everyone and respect their own personal beliefs, no matter what they are.

So it could be a cross?
What I meant was the guy that was talking about the cross, is a new member, he doesn't realize that we were through with that conversation.

Reactions: RJM
Is anyone interested in talking about, a creative day? Does the Bible explain that it could be longer than a 24-hour period?

Is anyone interested in talking about, a creative day? Does the Bible explain that it could be longer than a 24-hour period?
How long do JW consuder it to be? A thousand years? Ten thousand years?

How long do JW consuder it to be? A thousand years? Ten thousand years?
The Bible also explains several days as "the day" (Genesis 2:4) Not 24 hours. Could it be much longer?
https://biblehub.com/genesis/2-4.htm
Days of creation list
Day 1: Light
Day 2: Atmosphere / Firmament
Day 3: Dry ground & plants
Day 4: Sun, moon & stars
Day 5: Birds & sea creatures
Day 6: Land animals & humans
"in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens." (Genesis 2:4) --English Standard Version

For a thousand years are in your eyes just as yesterday when it is past, Just as a watch during the night. --Psalm 90:4

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. --2 Pet. 3:8 KJ

In addition, on the first creative day, “God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night.” (Genesis 1:5) Here, only a portion of a 24-hour period is defined by the term “day.” Certainly, there is no basis in Scripture for arbitrarily stating that each creative day was 24 hours long.

The fact is that the Hebrew word translated “day” can mean various lengths of time, not just a 24-hour period. For example, when summarizing God’s creative work, Moses refers to Several creative days as one day. (Genesis 2:4).

Last edited:
The Bible also explains several days as "the day" (Genesis 2:4) Not 24 hours. Could it be much longer?
https://biblehub.com/genesis/2-4.htm
Days of creation list
Day 1: Light
Day 2: Atmosphere / Firmament
Day 3: Dry ground & plants
Day 4: Sun, moon & stars
Day 5: Birds & sea creatures
Day 6: Land animals & humans
"in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens." (Genesis 2:4)
--English Standard Version

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing: that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. --2 PETER 3:8 KJ21
So a thousand years, max?

Back