I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

It leaves no room for Pilate's notice above the head of Jesus?

Perhaps the issue is not around possible Roman methods of crucifixion but the crucifixion of Jesus Christ in particular?

How do you treat family members who leave the JW organisation? Say your brother left because he decided to believe in evolution -- that Genesis is metaphorical -- then had an accident. Would you visit him in hospital?

Regarding everyone who “does not remain in the teaching of the Christ,"* we read: “Do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.” (2 John 9-11)

We do not have spiritual or social fellowship with disfellowshipped ones. The Watchtower of September 15, 1981, page 25, stated: “A simple ‘Hello’ to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?”

JW Org: How to Treat a Disfellowshipped Person

*aka: JW Organization

How much room was needed? That's one long and thick beam. I'm certain there would be plenty of room for it.

How much room was needed? That's one long and thick beam. I'm certain there would be plenty of room for it.
Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole. New International Version

Deuteronomy 21:23 you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.
New International Version

I do not know when the change in Hebrew was made, but it looks like back in the 14th century there is one example of a different way of thinking? And one of our Bibles today is the New International Version. using the words hung on a pole.

Quoting Professor George Howard, translator of Shem Tob: Shem Tob ben Shaprut of Tudela Castle – Spain

1385 – 14th Century

Mat 27:40-42 “Come down from the cross”

Shem Tob v.40 “come down from the gallows”

Mat 26:2 “…the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified”

Shem Tob “delivered into the hand of the Jews for the gallows”

Mat 27:23 “Let him be crucified”

Shem Tob “let them hang him”

Currently the New Testament in Hebrew and English bible, online uses the word: Cross, not hang, Not gallows.

Last edited:

Galatians 3:13​

NIRV
Christ set us free from the curse of the law. He did it by becoming a curse for us. It is written, “Everyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse.” (Deuteronomy 21:23)

NIV
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

NIVUK
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.’

CLV(i) 13 Christ reclaims us from the curse of the law, becoming a curse for our sakes, for it is written, Accursed is everyone hanging on a pole,

JMNT(i) 13 Christ bought us [back] out (or: redeems and reclaims us out by payment of the ransom) from the midst of the curse (or: adversarial prayer; imprecation) of and from the Law, while becoming (or: birthing Himself to be) a curse (or: accursed One; an [embodied] adversarial prayer) for our sakes (or: over our [situation]) – for it has been and now stands written: "A curse (an adversarial prayer) [is settled] upon all (or: [is] added to everyone) continuing hanging upon a tree (or: wood; a stake or pole)" [Deut. 21:23, omitting the phrase “by God,” after the word “curse”]

Last edited:
@walter -

Could you explain your regard for the Sar Shalom Online Bible?
I don't know a lot about it, I know it's a Hebrew to English translation of the New Testament and the Old Testament.

I have read information on it and the information reveals that it is a Hebrew translation for the new testament, but it is not from original new Testament in Hebrew, it is a Hebrew translation from what was already written in the Greek. Not from a Hebrew source.

There are many different Matthew gospels in Hebrew that are very old manuscripts, that are much more reliable in my opinion.

But really, I am no authority on much of anything I really don't know!

I think there’s a lesson there.
How much intelligence does it take to look up a Bible verse? Are you criticizing my efforts to look for truth?

The ones that translate bibles are the ones with all the knowledge, skill and education. I trust that they are making a fine effort to do what is right!

Thank you for expressing your feelings, I will keep trying to do my best.

Last edited:
The ones that translate bibles are the ones with all the knowledge, skill and education. I trust that they are making a fine effort to do what is right!
Each Bible translation is funded by someone or some group. The KJV has King James to thank. Each thinking other bibles got it wrong and needed improvement.

Why anyone would not translate the gospels from Aramaic rather than translations i don't know.

Each Bible translation is funded by someone or some group. The KJV has King James to thank. Each thinking other bibles got it wrong and needed improvement.

Why anyone would not translate the gospels from Aramaic rather than translations i don't know.
You are assuming a) that the gospels were originally composed in Aramaic and b) that there exists true and correct copies of the Aramaic language gospels as originally written. I don’t think you‘ll find the majority of scholars agree with your first supposition and as a consequence no belief that the second exists.

You are assuming a) that the gospels were originally composed in Aramaic and b) that there exists true and correct copies of the Aramaic language gospels as originally written. I don’t think you‘ll find the majority of scholars agree with your first supposition and as a consequence no belief that the second exists.
On www.biblehub.com, www.biblegateway.com and https://studybible.info/ Anyone can have access to every language you could think of, just about. Over 100 different Bibles in all kinds of Languages, Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, Latin, Japanese, Chinese.

I am... I thought the gospels MMLJ were originally Aramaic....and most of the rest Koine or ancient Hebrew.

The argument of what was meant, the meanings of words at that time and exact translations will always be argued.

Galatians 3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole. New International Version

Deuteronomy 21:23 you must not leave the body hanging on the pole overnight. Be sure to bury it that same day, because anyone who is hung on a pole is under God’s curse. You must not desecrate the land the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance.
New International Version

I do not know when the change in Hebrew was made, but it looks like back in the 14th century there is one example of a different way of thinking? And one of our Bibles today is the New International Version. using the words hung on a pole.

Quoting Professor George Howard, translator of Shem Tob: Shem Tob ben Shaprut of Tudela Castle – Spain

1385 – 14th Century

Mat 27:40-42 “Come down from the cross”

Shem Tob v.40 “come down from the gallows”

Mat 26:2 “…the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified”

Shem Tob “delivered into the hand of the Jews for the gallows”

Mat 27:23 “Let him be crucified”

Shem Tob “let them hang him”

Currently the New Testament in Hebrew and English bible, online uses the word: Cross, not hang, Not gallows.

Sooooo how much room?

Attachments

• main-qimg-ffa60f9c9302a22f90cb345f5483342e-lq.jpeg
    main-qimg-ffa60f9c9302a22f90cb345f5483342e-lq.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
One early Christian writer named Papias, who lived between about 60 and 130 A.D. in Hierapolis in Asia Minor (he was bishop of Hierapolis), wrote that “Matthew arranged the oracles in the Hebrew language and each interpreted them as best he could.”1 Many other early Christian writers—like Irenaeus,2 Origen,3 Eusebius,4 Epiphanius5 and Jerome6—assert that Matthew wrote in Hebrew.

Besides Bibles Today say at Galatians 3:13: 70 Bible say "tree" and 5 Bibles say "pole"​

And (Deuteronomy 21:23) too.

Last edited:
Back