I converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

Sure . . . there are 8.6 million of you but only 144,000 will go to heaven to rule with Christ in the kingdom of God.
What makes you think you will be one?
Hello. Just to let you know, I don't think I will rule with Christ in heaven. I believe and look forward to living forever on this earth under the rulership of God's kingdom. That includes Jesus and those who will be in heaven with him. I expect and hope to be on the earth. Hope that helps. Revelation 21:1-5 - there are new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness is to dwell. Don't you hope that will happen? (righteousness on this earth...)

Sure. Makes sense to me.
So if Jesus was six feet tall, the pole would need extra 3 feet underground to support it upright -- add the upstretched arms and height of body above the ground -- another 4 feet -- add another 2 feet for Pilate's notice = fifteen feet total + around nine inches thick?

Jesus carried that on his shoulders?

Yahweh, the God of your ancestors--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you. This is my eternal name, my name to remember for all generations."
IMO it was a name used to distinguish the living God of Israel from Baal and other idol gods of the Canaanites and other peoples.

But now, in translation it is a term to 'describe' Almighty God, no longer exclusive to one language or people

Last edited:
"A lake has several ghats. At one, the Hindus take water in pitchers and call it jal; at another the Muslims take water in leather bags and call it pani. At a third the Christians call it water. Can we imagine that it is not jal, but only pani or water? How ridiculous! The substance is One under different names, and everyone is seeking the same substance; only climate, temperament, and name create differences. Let each man follow his own path. If he sincerely and ardently wishes to know God, peace be unto him! He will surely realize Him."
Ramakrishna

1530 in William Tyndale’s translation of the Pentateuch. God’s name at Genesis 15:2 He used the form “Iehouah.”.
The Authorized King James Version (1611) renders IEHOVAH at:
Psalms 83:18 That men may knowe, that thou, whose name alone is IEHOVAH: art the most High ouer all the earth.
Over time, the English language changed, and the spelling of the divine name was modernized. For example, in 1612, Henry Ainsworth used the form “Iehovah” throughout his translation of the book of Psalms. Then, in 1639, when that work was revised and printed with the Pentateuch, the form “Jehovah” was used.
This all happened long before the Jehovah's Witnesses became a group, in the 1870s.
But the 'error' predates these sources.

Scholars now understand that the spelling came from Christian translators in the 12th century, who conflated the vowel marks of Adonai (Lord) with the consonants of the Tetragrammaton to arrive at IEHOVAH which later became Jehovah – the point being the Christian scribes did not understand the text they were translating ... so in that sense, unfortunately, the Witnesses perpetuate a mistake which later, more accurate translations of the Hebrew Scriptures, sought to correct.

It's all there on the wiki page.

One can argue the term is now the tradition of the Witnesses, and defend it on those grounds.

It's a two-edged sword – if you're gonna make a big deal out of 'cross' as a misinterpretation of the Greek stauros, then by the same token you're gonna have to acknowledge that Jehovah is a mistranslation of the Hebrew.

But the 'error' predates these sources.

Scholars now understand that the spelling came from Christian translators in the 12th century, who conflated the vowel marks of Adonai (Lord) with the consonants of the Tetragrammaton to arrive at IEHOVAH which later became Jehovah – the point being the Christian scribes did not understand the text they were translating ... so in that sense, unfortunately, the Witnesses perpetuate a mistake which later, more accurate translations of the Hebrew Scriptures, sought to correct.

It's all there on the wiki page.

One can argue the term is now the tradition of the Witnesses, and defend it on those grounds.

It's a two-edged sword – if you're gonna make a big deal out of 'cross' as a misinterpretation of the Greek stauros, then buy the same token you're gonna have to acknowledge that Jehovah is a mistranslation of the Hebrew.
The Jehovah's Witnesses say God's name is Pronounced Yahweh, Yehovah and Jehovah. Jesus name is spelled the same in Spanish but Pronounced totally different.

Pick the Pronunciation you feel is best for your own language. Yahweh is the way God's name is Pronounced in five different languages around the world.

Does it really matter which Pronunciation you pick? ❤️ God would respect you for using his name, just like his Son Jesus did in the Gospels?
Jesus may have Pronounced one way for Arabic another for Hebrew and a different way for Greek, Aramaic and Latin.

The Christian Greek Scriptures themselves report that Jesus often referred to God’s name and made it known to others. (John 17:6, 11, 12, 26) Jesus plainly stated: “I have come in the name of my Father.” He also stressed that his works were done in his “Father’s name.” —John 5:43; 10:25.

Hello. Just to let you know, I don't think I will rule with Christ in heaven. I believe and look forward to living forever on this earth under the rulership of God's kingdom. That includes Jesus and those who will be in heaven with him. I expect and hope to be on the earth. Hope that helps. Revelation 21:1-5 - there are new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness is to dwell. Don't you hope that will happen? (righteousness on this earth...)
So you guys are basically Vampires?

The Christian Greek Scriptures themselves report that Jesus often referred to God’s name and made it known to others. (John 17:6, 11, 12, 26) Jesus plainly stated: “I have come in the name of my Father.” He also stressed that his works were done in his “Father’s name.” —John 5:43; 10:25.
Yes Jesus shifted the emphasis to Father. It's not the same word as the Hebrew tetragamnaton nor is it a personal name for the Almighty. It's far more universal

Last edited:
Yes Jesus shifted the emphasis to Father. It's not the same word as the Hebrew tetragamnaton nor is it a personal name for the Almighty. It's far more universal
Jesus said, he made his father's name known, he also came in his father's name and he did his works in his father's name.

I follow Jesus example. If you feel a different way is better, okay. :)

Jesus said, he made his father's name known, he also came in his father's name and he did his works in his father's name.

I follow Jesus example. If you feel a different way is better, okay. :)
It was written in Greek. The Hebrew tetragammaton was not used in the New Testament

God becomes 'Father' in the NT, moving beyond the exclusive God of the Israelites to include all races and languages

It was written in Greek. The Hebrew tetragammaton was not used in the New Testament
Okay.. The Hebrew Tetragrammaton is in the Hebrew New Testament. It has never been removed in the Hebrew Language! Do your research.

Okay.. The Hebrew Tetragrammaton is in the Hebrew New Testament. It has never been removed in the Hebrew Language! Do your research.
It's a translation into Hebrew from the original Greek NT. John wrote in Greek

It's still in the Hebrew New Testament Today.

יְהוָֹה Hebrew Gospel of Matthew Chapter 1:
הִיא יֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאתָ אֶת־שְׁמוֹ יֵשׁוּעַ כִּי הוּא יוֹשִׁיעַ אֶת־עַמּוֹ מֵחַטֹּאתֵיהֶם׃ כא
וְכָל־זֹאת הָיְתָה לְמַלֹּאת אֵת אֲשֶׁר־דִּבֶּר יְהוָֹה בְּיַד־הַנָּבִיא לֵאמֹר׃ כב
הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרְאוּ שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּאֵל אֲשֶׁר יֵאָמֵר אֵל עִמָּנוּ׃ כג
וַיִּיקַץ יוֹסֵף מִשְּׁנָתוֹ וַיַּעַשׂ כַּאֲשֶׁר צִוָּה אֹתוֹ מַלְאַךְ יְהוָֹה וַיִּקַּח אֶת־אִשְׁתּוֹ׃ כד
וְלֹא יָדַע אֹתָהּ עַד כִּי־יָלְדָה בֵּן אֶת־בְּכוֹרָהּ וַיִּקְרָא אֶת־שְׁמוֹ יֵשׁוּעַ׃ כה

It's still in the Hebrew New Testament Today.

יְהוָֹה Hebrew Gospel of Matthew Chapter 1:
הִיא יֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאתָ אֶת־שְׁמוֹ יֵשׁוּעַ כִּי הוּא יוֹשִׁיעַ אֶת־עַמּוֹ מֵחַטֹּאתֵיהֶם׃ כא
וְכָל־זֹאת הָיְתָה לְמַלֹּאת אֵת אֲשֶׁר־דִּבֶּר יְהוָֹה בְּיַד־הַנָּבִיא לֵאמֹר׃ כב
הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרְאוּ שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּאֵל אֲשֶׁר יֵאָמֵר אֵל עִמָּנוּ׃ כג
וַיִּיקַץ יוֹסֵף מִשְּׁנָתוֹ וַיַּעַשׂ כַּאֲשֶׁר צִוָּה אֹתוֹ מַלְאַךְ יְהוָֹה וַיִּקַּח אֶת־אִשְׁתּוֹ׃ כד
וְלֹא יָדַע אֹתָהּ עַד כִּי־יָלְדָה בֵּן אֶת־בְּכוֹרָהּ וַיִּקְרָא אֶת־שְׁמוֹ יֵשׁוּעַ׃ כה
Not 'still'

It is interpolated. Matthew wrote in Greek

So is most every Bible ever translated, they are most all translated from Greek!
The Old Testament was written in Hebrew, using the tetragamnaton

The Old Testament was written in Hebrew

It looks like we can go back and forth on this all day! So you have some really good points and so do I. Let's call it a day!

Reactions: RJM
God becomes 'Father' in the NT, moving beyond the exclusive God of the Israelites to include all races and languages
Are you saying that the Jews are a "race"? :)
I thought that there were Jews in every continent, including people who have joined the faith.

..and don't get me started on Latin ;)

Are you saying that the Jews are a "race"? :)
I thought that there were Jews in every continent, including people who have joined the faith.
When Jesus was doing his ministry the Bible says there were Greek Speaking Jewish people and Hebrew Speaking Jewish people.

Back