Kingdom of God/Heaven

aburaees said:
What I'm saying is, the prophecy they're talking about are the ones found in Daniel, Ezekiel, and Revelations.

These prophecies are biblical, therefore they're not false prophecies from a Christian POV.

It is the "interpretation" of these biblical prophecies which is being debated, not the utterance of a "new" prophecy by the Witnesses.

Sorry if I confused things.

Actually, a very good point. Hard to dispute interpretations. But what concerns me is that there are only one or two times in the Bible when God "challenges" man to figure a puzzle out. One happens to be the "number of man" or the "number of the beast". No where does God "challenge" man to determine the time of Christ's return. In fact He said, "don't worry about it".

my thoughts

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Actually, a very good point. Hard to dispute interpretations. But what concerns me is that there are only one or two times in the Bible when God "challenges" man to figure a puzzle out. One happens to be the "number of man" or the "number of the beast". No where does God "challenge" man to determine the time of Christ's return. In fact He said, "don't worry about it".

my thoughts

v/r

Q
Hmm, isn't one of those scriptures Mark 13:14?
Mark 13:14
14 “So when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not” (let the reader understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
(compare to Daniel chapters 11 & 12)

seattlegal said:

Hmmm, I guess I didn't make myself clear. Figuring a specific number as opposed to figuring a specific date. What Daniel described can happen anytime. the Number of man was specifically given to us, and we were told that he who has understanding figure out what it means. Daniel could be describing the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. let alone the destruction of earth in the 21st century. The number of man puzzle however, is fixed and specific.

Sorry I wasn't clearer. :eek:

v/r

Q

do not interpretations belong to God, and he uses whomever he chooses to make it known. especially in the last days .Jesus Christ spoke about the Kingdom of God, which will bring an end to wickedness and make the earth a paradise. (Luke 4:43) People wanted to know when the Kingdom would come. In fact, Jesus’ disciples asked him: "What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?" (Matthew 24:3) In reply Jesus told them that only Jehovah God knew exactly when the end of this system of things would come. (Matthew 24:36) But Jesus did foretell things that would take place on earth just before the Kingdom would bring true peace and security to mankind. What he foretold is now taking place!

seattlegal said:

the disgusting thing that causes desolation" is yet to stand in a holy place,
As first-century followers of Christ must have keenly watched to see how the "standing in a holy place" would develop, so do present-day true Christians. the disgusting thing has been around for decades but it has yet to take a position in a holy place in a unique way. the holy place back in the first century was Jerusalem that claimed to have a relationship with God, but did not Jehovah God allow that Jerusalem to be destroyed because of her unfaithfulness. so then ,who is it that claims to have a relationship with God in our time? i think it is clear that it is Christendom . christendom claims to represent the God of the bible , but does she? or has she been unfaithful to God by putting her trust in manmade things? The UN is a manmade thing, and it is not the kingdom of God on earth.

mee said:
do not interpretations belong to God, and he uses whomever he chooses to make it known. especially in the last days .Jesus Christ spoke about the Kingdom of God, which will bring an end to wickedness and make the earth a paradise. (Luke 4:43) People wanted to know when the Kingdom would come. In fact, Jesus’ disciples asked him: "What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?" (Matthew 24:3) In reply Jesus told them that only Jehovah God knew exactly when the end of this system of things would come. (Matthew 24:36) But Jesus did foretell things that would take place on earth just before the Kingdom would bring true peace and security to mankind. What he foretold is now taking place!
interpretations can be of 3 things. Interpretations can be ordained by God thru wisdom and revelation and it is backed by all scripture and the spirit of God for His Glory alone. Interpretations can be thru satan, a deception that ultimately causes one to deny the Son of God the elect one God has proclaimed, thus causing one to worship God falsely. Intrepretations can also be based on man's reasoning alone. Usually it is accompanied with man's self-exhaltation or claim of prophethood which God has not ordained, which is tested by the words that God has given us. It also has conflicts with scripture.

mee said:

the disgusting thing that causes desolation" is yet to stand in a holy place,
As first-century followers of Christ must have keenly watched to see how the "standing in a holy place" would develop, so do present-day true Christians. the disgusting thing has been around for decades but it has yet to take a position in a holy place in a unique way. the holy place back in the first century was Jerusalem that claimed to have a relationship with God, but did not Jehovah God allow that Jerusalem to be destroyed because of her unfaithfulness. so then ,who is it that claims to have a relationship with God in our time? i think it is clear that it is Christendom . christendom claims to represent the God of the bible , but does she? or has she been unfaithful to God by putting her trust in manmade things? The UN is a manmade thing, and it is not the kingdom of God on earth.
In regarding "the disgusting thing that causes desolation, standing in a holy place where it ought not," please compare 2 Thess 2, especially verses 3 & 4, with Daniel 11:36-39, {compare "perdition" with "causing desolation"} and Daniel 12, especially verses 7-13.

If anything, it is food for thought, and a warning to us, that Jesus gave us out of mercy. {Mark 13:23, 33, 35-37}
Thank you.

seattlegal said:
In regarding "the disgusting thing that causes desolation, standing in a holy place where it ought not," please compare 2 Thess 2, especially verses 3 & 4, with Daniel 11:36-39, {compare "perdition" with "causing desolation"} and Daniel 12, especially verses 7-13.

If anything, it is food for thought, and a warning to us, that Jesus gave us out of mercy. {Mark 13:23, 33, 35-37}
Thank you.
yes it certainly is food for thought , i think the apostacy has come ,and has been around for along long time. such a long time that most people think it is the real thing. but the disgusting thing is something else that we as christians should not put our trust in ,because it is a counterfiet of Gods kingdom. and will never bring peace to the earth , as Gods kingdom will do. (let the reader use discernment)
in the hearts of many, these institutions actually take the place of God’s Kingdom! and that is never right.

God’s Kingdom is a government established by Jehovah God with a King chosen by God. Who is the King of God’s Kingdom? Jesus Christ. Jesus as King is greater than all human rulers and is called "the King of those who rule as kings and Lord of those who rule as lords." (1 Timothy 6:15) He has the power to do far more good than any human ruler, even the best among them.

Back