Kingdom of God/Heaven

Bandit said:
Jesus is in that position right now. It is not Buddah or Muhammed
Ooh! A bit tendentious:). Jesus was all about breaking down barriers and extending the Kindom of God beyond its man-made confines. I don't think it's following in the spirit of his teaching to start fencing ourselves in to keep the barbarians out. Triumphalism is NOT us!

Best wishes -VC

Virtual_Cliff said:
Ooh! A bit tendentious:). Jesus was all about breaking down barriers and extending the Kindom of God beyond its man-made confines. I don't think it's following in the spirit of his teaching to start fencing ourselves in to keep the barbarians out. Triumphalism is NOT us!

Best wishes -VC
maybe that is because you do not believe in the bible:) . Yes, Jesus is on the throne & he is above Buddah & Mohammed & above you & me... any bible believer knows this. I accept it & without Jesus we do not have a kingdom.
From what I can see, we are fenced in & that is what makes us his sheep. If you do not thave that hedge about you, then you are as lost sheep, gone astray.

(John 14:6) "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

(John 10:1,8-9)
10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. "ALL THAT EVER CAME BEFORE ME ARE THIEVES AND ROBBERS: but the sheep did not hear them. {9} I AM THE DOOR: BY ME IF ANY MAN ENTER IN, HE SHALL BE SAVED, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

(Philippians 2:6-13 ) "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
{7} But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
{8} And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
{9} Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
{10} That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; {
11} And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Virtual_Cliff said:
There is a concept in Celtic Christianity of the "lifting of the veil" that separates Earth from Heaven. I think this is the way in which the Kingdom of Heaven is "among" us , or "at hand". It is right here if we can but see it. There are those who, like me, claim to have experienced this in their lives. -VC
I agree with this concept, and I too claim to have experienced this during this lifetime. For me, the Kingdom of Heaven/Kingdom of God is a spiritual realm of God's presence that exists layered upon the physical reality in which we dwell. It is not that the two are the same for me, or that it is only within our hearts, but rather that the Kingdom of God is always there, if we can open our heart to seeing it. Our experience of it is dependent on what is within us- do we choose to experience the Kingdom or put it off until tomorrow?

The kingdom of God is collection of people, not singled out individual kingdoms.
I believe the Kingdom of God is neither a collection of people, nor singled out individual kingdoms, but rather its own reality all together. Heaven not as a literal place, but as a reality that is not physical, but it is real and independent of ourselves. We can choose to cultivate a heart and mind that can experience this non-physical Kingdom, thereby "lifting the veil" as it were, or we can choose not to, but it is always there. There may come a day when people as a collective choose to experience the Kingdom (or God may help this process along), lifting the veil completely and unifying heaven and earth, but in the meantime, I choose to cultivate a heart and mind that allow moments of experiencing the Kingdom of God now.

path_of_one said:
I believe the Kingdom of God is neither a collection of people, nor singled out individual kingdoms, but rather its own reality all together. Heaven not as a literal place, but as a reality that is not physical, but it is real and independent of ourselves. We can choose to cultivate a heart and mind that can experience this non-physical Kingdom, thereby "lifting the veil" as it were, or we can choose not to, but it is always there. There may come a day when people as a collective choose to experience the Kingdom (or God may help this process along), lifting the veil completely and unifying heaven and earth, but in the meantime, I choose to cultivate a heart and mind that allow moments of experiencing the Kingdom of God now.
right but you must not be a Christian & bible believer then. so you would naturally believe that the kingdom is not a collection of people & that heaven is not a place as well as a condition. you must be a mystic or something ...teaching ego & mind & that stuff.

trying to enter the kingdom any other way is as a thief and a robber...we just read it. it is funny how people want to leave Jesus as Lord, out of the kingdom of God today.

the Kingdom of God IS a collection of people not something just in your mind & heart. This kingdom is through Jesus.

path_of_one...do you believe Jesus died for your sins & that through his blood we have redemption? & do you confess Jesus is Lord & Savior?

Col1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

here we see the kingdom is an inheritance & those who will inherit it & some who will not.

1 Cor 6:9-10
[font=Arial,Helvetica]9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.[/font]

Gal 5:21
[font=Arial,Helvetica]21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.[/font]

here we see there is a gathering of the kingdom & he gathers OUT the things which offend & those who do iniquity.

Matt 13:39-43
[font=Arial,Helvetica]39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear. [/font]
so, the kingdom is not JUST within the mind.

Bandit said:
right but you must not be a Christian & bible believer then. so you would naturally believe that the kingdom is not a collection of people & that heaven is not a place as well as a condition. you must be a mystic or something ...teaching ego & mind & that stuff.
As my name thingie suggests, I am a mystic. That does not mean I am New Age, nor does it mean I teach "ego & mind & that stuff." I am actually quite *not* New Age/New Thought. There is a long tradition of Christian mysticism, going back to the time shortly after Jesus, and including many saints throughout the time since. No, I am not a mainstream Christian. But that doesn't make me New Age either. Mysticism is, by anthropological definition, a seeking of the personal spiritual experience of the Divine. My spiritual path of mysticism is thus about experiencing God in a real way, in life right now. I do not label myself as any denomination, but liberal Quaker comes the closest. Mysticism is not a religion, it is a spiritual path that exists in many religions, including Christianity.

trying to enter the kingdom any other way is as a thief and a robber...we just read it. it is funny how people want to leave Jesus as Lord, out of the kingdom of God today.
Actually, I'm not trying to leave Jesus as Lord out of the Kingdom of God. I am just saying that I do not think it is a place, or a body of people, but rather a spiritual reality that I can experience in the here and now. This definition is supported by scholars of the Bible and though I came to that conclusion based on my own experience and prayer, it is supported by various references, including Bible dictionaries. In the Revell Concise Bible Dictionary, it was stated that: "Heaven is often spoken of as the realm of God in the NT (Mt 3:17, 6:1 and 9, 7:11; Lk 11:13, Heb 1:3, 8:1, 9:24). this use maintains the dualism seen in Hebrew cosmology. . . Yet God is not limited to the heavens. . . The NT, using the same metaphorical language, affirms that Jesus "came down from heaven" (Jn 6:4) and after the resurrection, Christ returned to heaven (Acts 1:11, Col 4:1). Yet heaven is not so much a location as the spiritual realm itself, a timeless dimension that touches earth while remaining distinct from it. Paul says that our citizenship is in heaven (Phil 3:20), our treasures are to be laid up in heaven (Mt 6:20), our true home (Eph 3:19, Heb 12:22)." So at least some biblical scholars have come to the same conclusions I have.

path_of_one...do you believe Jesus died for your sins & that through his blood we have redemption? & do you confess Jesus is Lord & Savior?
My beliefs on this matter are complex and are still evolving as I study the Bible, biblical scholarship, and bring my questions to God in prayer. I believe that Jesus sacrificed Himself for the good of humanity. I do not believe that the sacrifice was necessary for God to allow us into His presence. I believe the sacrifice was necessary to save us from ourselves- to lift the veil between God and ourselves that was not imposed by God, but rather by us.

I believe there are various spiritual paths that lead one to God. In Romans 1:16-20, we find that Paul says that (1) the Gospel of Christ delivers from eternal death if we have faith (which I interpret to be Christ's teachings, the Good News), (2) that those who have not heard the teaching have no excuse, because what we know of God is evident within us (the Word is written on our hearts), and (3) that those who were before the time of Jesus had no excuse, because we can know God's eternal power and divinity through His "handiworks"- His creation. So we can come to know God through the teachings of Jesus, through listening to His Word written on our souls, and/or by knowing Him through the glory of His creation.

I choose all three. I have, through mystical experience, felt the Father's presence, and it is incomprehensibly big and I cannot find the words to fully express how much it exceeded what my little mind had thought. My first personal mystical experience of God happened when I was ten years old, and it wasn't until later that I was given the words to even partially express the feelings I had of eternity and infinity. Mysticism is a natural spiritual path for me, and those experiences began in my very early childhood. Indeed, I believe the Word of God is imprinted on our souls and is within us, if we will only listen. And when we listen, we enter the presence of God and thus heaven.

I also believe that God has imprinted His divine power and eternal nature, as scripture says, on all of creation. I am nature-oriented, and that too has been natural for me ever since I could walk. It, too, is a mystical experience of God for me. I hear His voice on the wind and feel His gentle touch in the rain. I see the amazing beauty and diversity of the earth, and the care and detail He lovingly bestowed on all of nature. It does not fit with mainstream Christianity, but through my experience and prayer, I came to truly believe in the sacredness of all life, and the sentience of it. I do not believe nature is the Creator, or is to be worshipped, but I believe it is to be held as sacred, as another of God's testimonies of love for us. To me, it is like sacred scripture, having the power to reveal God's character.

And I also believe in the Gospel of Christ. Jesus is my Lord and my Savior. I cherish His teachings, and I freely admit that I am not mainstream in my interpretation of some of them, nor do I (unlike most Christians) hold the OT and the Epistles in the same regard as I do the teachings of the Christ. I suppose you could call me a Christ-follower, but not a follower of the organized Christian religion. Rather than follow any set doctrine, I read the Word and then prayerfully meditate on it until I receive some wisdom. I also seek to understand the cultures, languages, and religions of the times through academic scholarship. I believe that the scriptures can be more fully understood if we can transcend the linguistic and cultural barriers that naturally arise between 2005 U.S. and 30 AD Middle East. I believe that it is Jesus' teachings, His life that is the key to salvation, not His death. His death, I believe, was still necessary and showed the absolute sinlessness and faithfulness to principle of the Christ. If Jesus had fought His death it would have contradicted His teachings on peacefulness and loving one's enemies. My beliefs are informed, in part, by me being a Gentile. Jesus Himself said that He came specifically for the Jewish people, and it was only after His death that Christians actively went to the Gentiles. My ancestors, my people, were not under the boundaries of the law and so were not required sacrifice to atone for sin. I can only conclude from the aforementioned Romans scripture that my people would have fallen into the category of knowing God through His creation and His imprint within them. So I believe it is the Gospel of Christ (that is, Jesus' teachings) and not Jesus' death that is a path of salvation for myself.

I have no doubt that many Christians would not consider me to be a Christian, and I have been told by sundry Christians that I am "weak" (actually, my beliefs are quite strong thank you) and "struggling" (who isn't?). But my spiritual path is one that has come from years of study and prayer and experiencing God's boundless love and grace, and I refuse to be ashamed of it or change my beliefs because they do not fit in with mainstream churches. To me, that would be blasphemy. So I just stick to my "path of one" and rejoice that others, too, have found a path that has led them to the love of God.

that is cool Pathofone. i think everyone has something that does not fit into mainstream. i am not going to examine your every belief but i am aware of what mysticisom teaches & all i have come across do not accept Jesus as Lord & Savior or his blood for remission of sin.
so what i see with most is a mix & match of several different religions, trying to make some undefined path.
but without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin & no resurrection of the dead... that is why Jesus went to the cross. Without it, there would be no Kingdom of God & it would not matter how good of a life we try to live.

Jesus is the King & Lord of this Kingdom, because God gave it to Him to have authority over.:)

Lord bless you as you seek the eternal Kingdom & His righteousness.

didymus said:
I am starting a new thread on the kingdom of God. After further review of this I am utterly amazed at what I have found. Never before have I focused only on Jesus' comments of the Kingdom of God. I have noticed that Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven seem to be used interchangeably. I will start this thread in Matthew. I will go verse by verse and hope that you will join me in discussion. I am focusing on whether the use of Kingdom is present or futuristic. it seems 9 times out of 10 Jesus meant present tense. I will start with Matthew 6:33-34. There are many more to follow but one at a time will be easier.

Matthew 6:33-34 " Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

This is Jesus speaking of the now. look for his kingdom now, don't worry about tomorrow. I don't think the kingdom in this context is futuristic because he says don't worry about tomorrow. No implication is being madeof eternal life or eternal damnation as a result of seeking or not seeking the kingdom.

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

"The Kingdom of God is within (and/or "among") you."

And remember, it was John the Baptist who started preaching about "the Kingdom of Heaven (and/or God)."

this is the heavenly kingdom that Jesus is king of. the kingdom was born in 1914 in the heavens and it is now well established ................And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was caught away to God and to his throne. revelation 12;5 the male child that Jehovahs woman gave birth too is the kingdom , and Jesus is the king of this kingdom . its all happening in this time of the end . thrilling times indeed

mee said:
this is the heavenly kingdom that Jesus is king of. the kingdom was born in 1914 in the heavens and it is now well established ................And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations with an iron rod. And her child was caught away to God and to his throne. revelation 12;5 the male child that Jehovahs woman gave birth too is the kingdom , and Jesus is the king of this kingdom . its all happening in this time of the end . thrilling times indeed
I wonder which heavenly kingdom is that:rolleyes: ! Anyway, our eternal kingdom is located on the third heaven.

enton said:
I wonder which heavenly kingdom is that:rolleyes: ! Anyway, our eternal kingdom is located on the third heaven.
Which is the "third heaven?" Could you elaborate?

taijasi

enton said:
no need to wonder ,the bible tells us at Daniel 2;44............. yes just as the bible tells us ,the kingdom was set up by God in the heavens. and it is soon to go into action ..................
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite; Daniel 2;44 yes as it says, ........ in the days of those kings......... we are right now in the days of those kings, this heavenly kingdom goverment was set up while manmade goverments were still ruling,yes in 1914 the kingdom was born . thrilling times we are living in .

mee said:
... we are right now in the days of those kings, this heavenly kingdom goverment was set up while manmade goverments were still ruling,yes in 1914 the kingdom was born . thrilling times we are living in .
Exactly what kingdom was set up (what was so specific about 1914?), and what was God doing before this? Also every generation (century) someone things their living towards 'the end' so whats new?:rolleyes:

I posted this in a response on another thread...but then just realized and noticed that that discussion...which has completely took a turn from the origional topic...was actually on the Judaism board and my response was largely inappropriate for that board...so I thought maybe I ought drop it in here...where Heaven is being discussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltmeister
...The pain of loss is accompanied by a hope that we will have another chance of seeing them again...

You know this is the one thing that I've never been able to buy. The concept that I am going to 'see' my grandmother, my lover, my father, my sister again. I see them in my memories, I see them in my dreams I can accept that I may see aparitions (created by my mind...as real as if they are there). I can envision the possibility of their spirit/soul inhabiting another and encountering them in this life or the next (knowingly or unkowingly) as a possibility. I'm not saying I'm certain there exists reincarnation...but I can accept it as a possibility.

But for some reason, I can't fathom a heaven where we are all walking around in similiar recognizable skins, talking, hearing, seeing in a fashion that we know as such today. I can imagine a space where we are essence or sparks of light, or spirit on the wind...and recognize each other through a knowing that we know not now...

Am I alone in these ponderings? Completely rejecting even the potential of what is conventionally thought of or wished for?

Azure24 said:
Exactly what kingdom was set up (what was so specific about 1914?), and what was God doing before this? Also every generation (century) someone things their living towards 'the end' so whats new?:rolleyes:
the kingdom that Daniel 2;44 speaks about, it was born and established in 1914 and it has Gods protection and Jesus was made king of that heavenly kingdom and he was given great aurthority at that time.............I kept on beholding in the visions of the night, and, see there! with the clouds of the heavens someone like a son of man happened to be coming; and to the Ancient of Days he gained access, and they brought him up close even before that One. And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the peoples, national groups and languages should all serve even him. His rulership is an indefinitely lasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom one that will not be brought to ruin. Daniel 7;13-14 yes the son of man is Jesus christ, and the ancient of days is his father Jehovah God , and Jehovah has given Jesus the kingship ,yes his kingdom will never pass away as Daniel 2;44 tells us. yes its all happening in this the last days. i find it to be such thrilling times in this the time of the end. the end of manmade goverments is just around the corner. and the goverment that Jesus is king of will rule in rightousness and peace. it is well established now in the heavens. and his will ,will be done on the earth as well. .......matthew 6;9-10‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.

wil said:
I posted this in a response on another thread...but then just realized and noticed that that discussion...which has completely took a turn from the origional topic...was actually on the Judaism board and my response was largely inappropriate for that board...so I thought maybe I ought drop it in here...where Heaven is being discussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltmeister
...The pain of loss is accompanied by a hope that we will have another chance of seeing them again...

You know this is the one thing that I've never been able to buy. The concept that I am going to 'see' my grandmother, my lover, my father, my sister again. I see them in my memories, I see them in my dreams I can accept that I may see aparitions (created by my mind...as real as if they are there). I can envision the possibility of their spirit/soul inhabiting another and encountering them in this life or the next (knowingly or unkowingly) as a possibility. I'm not saying I'm certain there exists reincarnation...but I can accept it as a possibility.

But for some reason, I can't fathom a heaven where we are all walking around in similiar recognizable skins, talking, hearing, seeing in a fashion that we know as such today. I can imagine a space where we are essence or sparks of light, or spirit on the wind...and recognize each other through a knowing that we know not now...

Am I alone in these ponderings? Completely rejecting even the potential of what is conventionally thought of or wished for?
we do have the chance to see our love ones again ,but it wont be in heaven it will be on a paradise earth . not the earth as it is now with its wars ,crime, sickness and death. but it will be at the time that Jehovah Speaks about in the future.
And the One seated on the throne said: "Look! I am making all things new." Also, he says: "Write, because these words are faithful and true revelation 21;5
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away. revelation 21;-1-4 this is the hope for the earth , and when things are done Gods way his blessings are with us. no more death, only tears of joy as those in Jehovahs memory are resurrected.
Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment. John.5;28-29 those who did vile things who are resurrected and in Jehovahs memory,will not be judged on the things they did before they died , but they will be judged on the things they do after their resurrection. i think if i was resurrected i would know that Jehovah is the true God.

mee said:
we do have the chance to see our love ones again ,but it wont be in heaven it will be on a paradise earth . not the earth as it is now with its wars ,crime, sickness and death. but it will be at the time that Jehovah Speaks about in the future.
See this is part of my issue...first I guess there will be an incredible database so we can find each other...then our geneolgical buddies will have a field day as they go back through time finding all their ancestors...and it'll be here on earth...hmmm so we'll be smaller...or G-d will expand the earth to be larger....to hold all the trillions when the time comes? And then of course the issue of water and food...I guess those issues will be absolved as well...none of us will have to grow, harvest or package...it'll just appear...and hmmm the sewage treatment plants...can you imagine the waste we'll create...or in this heaven we'll not have a need for that...hate to be plumber in heaven if we do...again I know I'm being logical, or maybe illogical...but I think it wonderous that you can revel in this...Not something I'm looking forward to...still can't even wrap my mind around it.

didymus said:
Ok, since nobody has responded yet, I'll toss out another.

Matthew 23:13 "woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door on the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves don't enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to."

Jesus appears to be speaking of a present tense Kingdom of God that the Pharisees can not enter due to their rigidity to customs and law. They are preventing others from entering also.

the second we are saved, we have become part of that kingdom of heaven. the second we are spiritually reborn, we have become part of the spiritual. the second we accept christ, christ is with us. The second we are in grace, we desire to do good. once we belong to christ no one can snatch us from his hand. although we are still here, we are not part of this world. the kingdom is spiritual as soon as you truly accept, believe, and repent to christ, and that kingdom is in heaven with God. God promises those that believe in his Son entrance into eternal heaven.

"Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven" (Matt. 5:12).

"And I say unto you, that many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven." (Matt. 8:11)

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (1 Pet. 1:3-4).

"…for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven" (2 Cor. 4:18-5:2).

"For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven…" (Col. 1:5)

"Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven" (Luke 6:23).

"For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven" (Mark 12:25).

"And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom" (2 Tim. 4:18).

"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 18:3).

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 5:3).

"Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 5:10).

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:2-6).

"Our Father which art in heaven" (Matt. 6:9).

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess. 4:16-17).

It is quite obvious that those that belong to Christ will be in Heaven with the Lord. God wants it to be our hearts to desire to go to heaven with Him, not to be resurrected on earth.

"Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" (Matt. 6:19-21).

mee said:

Prove it. 1914...prove it, scripturally.

v/r

Q

Back