coffee, tea or soda?

Kaldayen said:
No sodas for me. Mostly fruit juice, tea (in leaves is better!) and hot chocolate. Or some coffee (black) to wake up for some morning exams. :p
___
Kal
I recommend English Breakfast or an Orange Pekoe in the morning, Earl Grey in the Evening, and Chamomile at night before bed.

just a thought.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
I recommend English Breakfast or an Orange Pekoe in the morning, Earl Grey in the Evening, and Chamomile at night before bed.

just a thought.

v/r

Q
I think I might take your advise I'm drinking so much coffee I can't sleep till three in the morning!

I finally reduced my daily dose of caffeine. I trick myself with a bottle of water, if you can imagine that. :D

I can't do that if I don't get a sertain amount of caffene in my body I get moody and grumpy

Beilieve me, I understand you. I used to drink one cup after another not long time ago. Then somebody sugested to mix the types of coffee to get a stronger one. I don't have may choices at work, but I take what I can find. And when my first cap (well, a medium) is over, I put a full bottle of water in front of me.

I have to deal with a lot of stress anyway, so that bottle does miracles for me. :)

Quahom,

I don't drink tea after waking up... I guess I'm not quite "english" for that. I'm addicted to orange juice :rolleyes: Even when I stayed in China for some months with no orange juice and plenty of tea available, I prefered soya milk (like many chinese people...).
I'll have to try morning-tea again sometime... ;) It would be less expensive... hehe
___
Kal

Me, I'm a tea man :) Caffine, caffine, caffine.... I drink tea and the one and only real thing, Coca Cola whenever I'm not. I get a big buzz out of caffine, lifts my spirit and I go wild, however give me alcohol even just a small bottle of Bud and I start to trun red, feel teird easy and after that I'm not one for conversation.

alexa said:
I have to deal with a lot of stress anyway, so that bottle does miracles for me. :)
Yeah waking incompitant morons on the head with it... *Sigh*

postmaster said:
however give me alcohol even just a small bottle of Bud and I start to trun red, feel teird easy and after that I'm not one for conversation.
Alcohol makes me really talkative. But I drink so much coffee now I don't get a buzz from it unless its expresso or Java.

Anyone tried the Lime Coke yet???? It seems they've taken my favorite vanilla coke off the shelves until we all give in and try it. I refuse to give in to such tactics.

lunamoth

ya know what we need here? CAKE!

Dreamcicle_cake_slice.jpg

:D dig in, y'all! (thank you, Luna!!!)

Kaldayen said:
Quahom,

I don't drink tea after waking up... I guess I'm not quite "english" for that. I'm addicted to orange juice :rolleyes: Even when I stayed in China for some months with no orange juice and plenty of tea available, I prefered soya milk (like many chinese people...).
I'll have to try morning-tea again sometime... ;) It would be less expensive... hehe
___
Kal
English?...???!!!! *%_(&(* )*^ {)(*+ !!! Ahem, I'm of Irish stock thank you very much. :D :D :D

When you think of your Tae, think "anti-oxydents" Of course lemon helps with flavor from time to time...;)

v/r

Q

Oops! I did say Irish didn't I ? :rolleyes:

I thought anti-oxydants were only found in green tea?

It's not the taste, I love the taste of tea. It's just that I associate tea with relaxing times and I really don't need to relax on the morning.. difficult enough to wake up.. :)
___
Kal

Kaldayen said:
Oops! I did say Irish didn't I ? :rolleyes:

I thought anti-oxydants were only found in green tea?

It's not the taste, I love the taste of tea. It's just that I associate tea with relaxing times and I really don't need to relax on the morning.. difficult enough to wake up.. :)
___
Kal
Actually, any "tea" containing tea leaves has free radical killer stuff in it. If you are slow riser in the morning, I don't see how OJ can perk you up...no caffeine. But I bet your immune system is through the roof!!! :D

v/r

Q

Coffee in the morning definatley, sometimes tea, depends on mood, either way its milk and 2 sugars (guess I shuld cut down on the sugar) through the day its usually diet coke with lime, i'm obsessed with it!
In the evening its usually tea, just normal tea I rarely have this fancy herbal stuff unless its peppermint or chamomile, but I have to be in a certain mood.

In response to Lunamoths question about tea in the first post, we don't have a proper 'tea protocal' anymore. There was a time when all the posh people would take 'afternoon tea' and have cucumber sandwiches (ewww). Nowadays, some of the older people have 'afternoon tea' of a sort, but it doesn't have that name, it's just having tea in the afternoon, with biscuits - not a cucumber sandwich in sight (thankfully).

Lisa x

Last edited:
Hi foreversearching! Thank you for answering my question about "tea." I guess we have "tea" at my house every day, but we leave out the cucumber sandwiches and call it snack time. (I have two preschoolers)

welcome to the forum!

Back