Revelation, are you ready?

Jesus words to the congregations have had their major application since 1914 the seven congregations picture all the congregations of annointed christians during the Lords day. moreover, during the past 50 years and more , the annointed christians pictured by john , have been joined by large numbers of believers whose hope is to live forever in paradise on earth.Jesus messages to the seven first-century congregations in asia minor are not mere historical curiosities.they mean life or death to each one of us .what jesus is doing is inspecting the congregations. this hour of test arrives only with the dawning of the lords day in 1914.after which, christians were tested as to their loyalty to the established kingdom of God compare matthew 24;3,9-11

A​
Time of Testing and Judging

Jesus was baptized and anointed as King-Designate at the Jordan River about October 29 C.E. Three and a half years later, in 33 C.E., he came to Jerusalem’s temple and threw out those who were making it a cave of robbers. There appears to be a parallel to this in the three-and-a-half-year period from Jesus’ ‘sitting down on his glorious throne’ in the heavens in October 1914 until his coming to inspect professed Christians as judgment began with the house of God. (Matthew 21:12, 13; 25:31-33; 1 Peter 4:17) Early in 1918 the Kingdom activity of Jehovah’s people met with great opposition. It was a time of testing earth wide, and fearful ones were sifted out. In May 1918 Christendom’s clergy instigated the imprisonment of officials of the Watch Tower Society, but nine months later these were released. Later, they were completely exonerated of the false charges against them. From 1919 the organization of God’s people, tried and refined, moved zealously forward to proclaim Jehovah’s Kingdom by Christ Jesus as the hope for mankind.—Malachi 3:1-3.​

As Jesus began his inspection in 1918, the clergy of Christendom no doubt received an adverse judgment. Not only had they raised up persecution against God’s people but they had also incurred heavy bloodguilt by supporting the contending nations during the first world war. (Revelation 18:21, 24) Those clergymen then placed their hope in the man-made League of Nations. Along with the entire world empire of false religion, Christendom had fallen completely from God’s favor by 1919

mee said:
Jesus words to the congregations have had their major application since 1914 the seven congregations picture all the congregations of annointed christians during the Lords day. moreover, during the past 50 years and more , the annointed christians pictured by john , have been joined by large numbers of believers whose hope is to live forever in paradise on earth.Jesus messages to the seven first-century congregations in asia minor are not mere historical curiosities.they mean life or death to each one of us .what jesus is doing is inspecting the congregations. this hour of test arrives only with the dawning of the lords day in 1914.after which, christians were tested as to their loyalty to the established kingdom of God compare matthew 24;3,9-11

A​
Time of Testing and Judging

Jesus was baptized and anointed as King-Designate at the Jordan River about October 29 C.E. Three and a half years later, in 33 C.E., he came to Jerusalem’s temple and threw out those who were making it a cave of robbers. There appears to be a parallel to this in the three-and-a-half-year period from Jesus’ ‘sitting down on his glorious throne’ in the heavens in October 1914 until his coming to inspect professed Christians as judgment began with the house of God. (Matthew 21:12, 13; 25:31-33; 1 Peter 4:17) Early in 1918 the Kingdom activity of Jehovah’s people met with great opposition. It was a time of testing earth wide, and fearful ones were sifted out. In May 1918 Christendom’s clergy instigated the imprisonment of officials of the Watch Tower Society, but nine months later these were released. Later, they were completely exonerated of the false charges against them. From 1919 the organization of God’s people, tried and refined, moved zealously forward to proclaim Jehovah’s Kingdom by Christ Jesus as the hope for mankind.—Malachi 3:1-3.​

As Jesus began his inspection in 1918, the clergy of Christendom no doubt received an adverse judgment. Not only had they raised up persecution against God’s people but they had also incurred heavy bloodguilt by supporting the contending nations during the first world war. (Revelation 18:21, 24) Those clergymen then placed their hope in the man-made League of Nations. Along with the entire world empire of false religion, Christendom had fallen completely from God’s favor by 1919

i dont know where you are getting these dates & inspections from 1914, 1918 & 1919, but there is nothing that shows these specific dates in the book of Revelations & how you come up with Christendom falling completely because that is when I see a rise in Christianity.
I do not believe Revelations 18 has come to pass yet...the voice of the bride & bridegroom is still here on earth.

Bandit said:
i dont know where you are getting these dates & inspections from 1914, 1918 & 1919, but there is nothing that shows these specific dates in the book of Revelations & how you come up with Christendom falling completely because that is when I see a rise in Christianity.
I do not believe Revelations 18 has come to pass yet...the voice of the bride & bridegroom is still here on earth.

Why​
do Jehovah’s Witnesses say that God’s Kingdom was established in 1914?

Two​
lines of evidence point to that year: (1) Bible chronology and (2) the events since 1914 in fulfillment of prophecy. Here we will consider the chronology.

Read​
Daniel 4:1-17. Verses 20-37 show that this prophecy had a fulfillment upon Nebuchadnezzar. But it also has a larger fulfillment. How do we know that? Verses 3 and 17 show that the dream that God gave to King Nebuchadnezzar deals with the Kingdom of God and God’s promise to give it "to the one whom he wants to . . . even the lowliest one of mankind." The entire Bible shows that Jehovah’s purpose is for his own Son, Jesus Christ, to rule as His representative over mankind. (Ps. 2:1-8; Dan. 7:13, 14; 1 Cor. 15:23-25; Rev. 11:15; 12:10) The Bible’s description of Jesus shows that he was indeed "the lowliest one of mankind." (Phil. 2:7, 8; Matt. 11:28-30) The prophetic dream, then, points to the time when Jehovah would give rulership over mankind to his own Son.

What​
was to happen in the meantime? Rulership over mankind, as represented by the tree and its rootstock, would have "the heart of a beast." (Dan. 4:16) The history of mankind would be dominated by governments that displayed the characteristics of wild beasts. In modern times, the bear is commonly used to represent Russia; the eagle, the United States; the lion, Britain; the dragon, China. The Bible also uses wild beasts as symbols of world governments and of the entire global system of human rulership under the influence of Satan. (Dan. 7:2-8, 17, 23; 8:20-22; Rev. 13:1, 2) As Jesus showed in his prophecy pointing to the conclusion of the system of things, Jerusalem would be "trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations" were fulfilled. (Luke 21:24) "Jerusalem" represented the Kingdom of God because its kings were said to sit on "the throne of the kingship of Jehovah." (1 Chron. 28:4, 5; Matt. 5:34, 35) So, the Gentile governments, represented by wild beasts, would ‘trample’ on the right of God’s Kingdom to direct human affairs and would themselves hold sway under Satan’s control.—Compare Luke 4:5, 6.

For​
how long would such governments be permitted to exercise this control before Jehovah gave the Kingdom to Jesus Christ? Daniel 4:16 says "seven times" ("seven years," AT and Mo, also JB footnote on verse 13). The Bible shows that in calculating prophetic time, a day is counted as a year. (Ezek. 4:6; Num. 14:34) How many "days," then, are involved? Revelation 11:2, 3 clearly states that 42 months (3 1/2 years) in that prophecy are counted as 1,260 days. Seven years would be twice that, or 2,520 days. Applying the "day for a year" rule would result in 2,520 years.

When​
did the counting of the "seven times" begin? After Zedekiah, the last king in the typical Kingdom of God, was removed from the throne in Jerusalem by the Babylonians. (Ezek. 21:25-27) Finally, by early October of 607 B.C.E. the last vestige of Jewish sovereignty was gone. By that time the Jewish governor, Gedaliah, who had been left in charge by the Babylonians, had been assassinated, and the remaining Jews had fled to Egypt. (Jeremiah, chapters 40-43) Reliable Bible chronology indicates that this took place 70 years before 537 B.C.E., the year in which the Jews returned from captivity; that is, it took place by early October of 607 B.C.E. (Jer. 29:10; Dan. 9:2;

How,​
then, is the time calculated down to 1914? Counting 2,520 years from early October of 607 B.C.E. brings us to early October of 1914 C.E., as shown on the chart.

CALCULATING​
THE "SEVEN TIMES"

"Seven times" = 7 X 360 = 2,520 years​

A Biblical "time," or year = 12 X 30 days = 360. (Rev. 11:2, 3; 12:6, 14)​

In the fulfillment of the "seven times" each day equals one year. (Ezek. 4:6; Num. 14:34)​

Early October, 607 B.C.E., to December 31, 607 B.C.E.= 1/4 year​

January 1, 606 B.C.E., to December 31, 1 B.C.E. = 606 years​

January 1, 1 C.E., to December 31, 1913 = 1,913 years​

January 1, 1914, to early October, 1914 = 3/4 year​

Total: 2,520 years​

What happened at that time? Jehovah entrusted rulership over mankind to his own Son, Jesus Christ, glorified in the heavens.—Dan. 7:13, 14

Oh , sorry about the spaces ,i did , i must admit paste the last post , it was a bit deep into prophecy for me to get it right ,so i pasted and i am rubbish on computors.ok ,now you all know i am thick:p

from what i can see, Jesus has been on the throne since he ascended into heaven & the kingdom has been, being established since then. Not starting in 1914.

Bandit said:
from what i can see, Jesus has been on the throne since he ascended into heaven & the kingdom has been, being established since then. Not starting in 1914.

Jesus’ ascension to heaven and his reappearance in the heavenly presence of Jehovah God did not bring the Gentile Times to an end, but God kept to His time schedule, looking forward to 1914. Jesus Christ had to wait, just as the inspired Bible writer of Hebrews 10:12, 13 tells us, saying: "This man offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God, from then on AWAITING until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet." This is a reference to Psalm 110:1, 2, where King David said prophetically concerning the coming Messiah or Christ: "The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: ‘Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.’ The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: ‘Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.’"​

God’s appointed time for the Lord Jesus Christ to start doing this was at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914, and it was until that momentous date that he was awaiting while seated at God’s right hand on the heavenly throne. That date 1914 was the time for the tables to be turned, the time for him as installed king to go subduing in the midst of his enemies rather than for the Gentiles to continue trampling on God’s Messianic kingdom.​

Can there be any question that the heavenly kingdom of God by means of his anointed one or Messiah, Christ, was born and came to power at the end of the Gentile Times in early autumn of 1914?

mee said:

Jesus’ ascension to heaven and his reappearance in the heavenly presence of Jehovah God did not bring the Gentile Times to an end, but God kept to His time schedule, looking forward to 1914. Jesus Christ had to wait, just as the inspired Bible writer of Hebrews 10:12, 13 tells us, saying: "This man offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God, from then on AWAITING until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet." This is a reference to Psalm 110:1, 2, where King David said prophetically concerning the coming Messiah or Christ: "The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is: ‘Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.’ The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, saying: ‘Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.’"​

God’s appointed time for the Lord Jesus Christ to start doing this was at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914, and it was until that momentous date that he was awaiting while seated at God’s right hand on the heavenly throne. That date 1914 was the time for the tables to be turned, the time for him as installed king to go subduing in the midst of his enemies rather than for the Gentiles to continue trampling on God’s Messianic kingdom.​

Can there be any question that the heavenly kingdom of God by means of his anointed one or Messiah, Christ, was born and came to power at the end of the Gentile Times in early autumn of 1914?

No, that is not scripture based. ;) In fact that is coming very close to attempting to convert others to a particular way of thinking instead of discussing the biblical scripture based on its own merit. This will stop, please.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
No, that is not scripture based. ;) In fact that is coming very close to attempting to convert others to a particular way of thinking instead of discussing the biblical scripture based on its own merit. This will stop, please.

v/r

Q
Why is "scripture-based" the standard? Can't the flock recognize the shepherd's voice?

More importantly, who decides what is "scripture?"

What is the book of Revelation?

The Last book of the Bible. It continues where the book of Daniel left off, and goes futher, from this present age, to Eternity.

Who is the author?

Though it was penned down by John, it was authored God. This is the case with all 66 books of Scripture.

What does the book mean? Is it the end of the world? Is it the beginning of a new one? Where does Revelation fit in your life?

The book is Jesus' testimony of things to come. It deals with this present age, the climax of the the world system, and the return of Jesus.

Where do you fit in Revelation?

I believe we're in the time just before the Rapture of the Chruch, and the Tribulation Period. Those left behind in the Tribulation will face a world that is without the presence of God. The world governments will merge, and so will religion. Tolerance will be in, and Jesus will be out. There will be many wars, and a burst of technological advancements, which will used to enslave humanity.

Do you believe in Revelation literally?

When taken in content, God's words -- The Bible is Literal!

Do you think that it is mandated (destiny)? Is there hope, or is all lost, and it is merely a matter of time?

For those in Jesus, there is hope. Remember what the Bible says, "We are in this world, but not of it. We are the salt and light of the earth, and we're here to tell the world the truth, in the hopes that they too may be saved!

Abogado del Diablo said:
Why is "scripture-based" the standard? Can't the flock recognize the shepherd's voice?

More importantly, who decides what is "scripture?"
Greetings All,

In case this wasn't made clear I will provide a repeat of the guidlines for this particular Christian Board:

The Christianity board is for the discussion of Christianity and issues pertaining to Christianity.

While Christianity itself is a wide and complicated sphere of beliefs, there are certain topic areas that are best discussion on this board, and other topics best described on other boards.

As a general guideline for preferred content on the Christianity board:

1. Genuine interest in discussing meaning of scripture
2. Shared observations on practices/rites
3. Comparative Christian Theology
4. General Christian Fellowship and support
5. Christian Evangelism
6. Issues of discussion with regards to Christianity's interraction with the secular world
7. Apologetic discussion

There are of course other areas of interest, but this list should be illustrative.

The Christianity board has a remit to discuss mainstream Christian beliefs across denominations, where the founding doctrine is that Jesus Christ offers sole salvation to humanity though His Death on the cross.

This means Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox branches have a clear remit here, across the liberal to conservative belief spectrum. Additionally, more controversial groups, such as Mormon and Jehovah's Witnesses, in following the above doctrine, are also to be regarded as invited to discuss Christian issues from their own unique perspectives.

The following is a guideline as to what should generally not be regarded as preferred material in the Christianity section:

1. Overt attacks on Christianity as a faith by non-Christians - faith tolerance is a requisite at CR.

2. Attacks on the Bible or other instruments of faith - discussions that seek to analyse the roots of Christian belief in a critical manner should be directed to the Comparative Studies board.

3. Non-Christian theologies should not be used as a basis for debating Christian issues on the Christianity Board - instead, consider more appropriate places for addressing such issues in detail, for example:

- Islamic perceptions of Christianity should be posted on the Islam board
- Mystical interpretations of Christianity should be posted on the Mysticism board
- NeoPagan/New Age interpretations of Christianity should be posted on the NeoPaganism board, or the main Alternative Beliefs section.

This is not a set of rules, but instead a set of guidelines intended to be helpful in determining best use of the Christianity Board.

People outside of general Christian doctrine should consider the feelings and concerns of Christians when posting on the Christian Board, and not seek to challenge them directly within that area.

It is not a board for confronting Christians, but for enquiry about Christianity and Christian issues.

Where posts or threads are deemed inappropriate, such material may be removed.

If you have any questions/queries/comments/complaints about the material posted on the Christianity board, then please be aware that these are the people you should contact:

Moderators for the Christianity board:
- juantoo3
- Quahom1

v/r

Q

Mee if I could redirect you to post #33 of this thread.. could you answer my question on who you believe Gods people are? and who do you believe Gog Magog, Tubal and Mesech are? you veered off in another direction and I am interested in who the writers of the watchtower handbooks tell you they are.

Quahom1 said:

v/r

Q
why is it not scripture based

Faithfulservant said:
Mee if I could redirect you to post #33 of this thread.. could you answer my question on who you believe Gods people are? and who do you believe Gog Magog, Tubal and Mesech are? you veered off in another direction and I am interested in who the writers of the watchtower handbooks tell you they are.[/QUO
The Bible tells us that "God is love." In harmony with this, Jesus showed that the most outstanding mark of those who follow his example in worshiping God is that they would have love among themselves. He said: "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." (1 John 4:8; John 13:35) so i supose it is up to each and every one of us to find that out for ourselves .based on what Gods word the bible says all will know because of there fruits .​

The prophet Ezekiel foresaw the final battle of God against man’s governments. In chapters 38 and 39 of his book, he describes God’s war against "Gog of the land of Magog." (Ezekiel 38:2) This is widely recognized as a prophecy of the last days. A careful study of the Scriptures reveals that here "Gog" is a symbolic name for that same spirit rebel, Satan, who led Adam and Eve in a course of disobedience to God.

The prophet Ezekiel foresaw the final battle of God against man’s governments. In chapters 38 and 39 of his book, he describes God’s war against "Gog of the land of Magog." (Ezekiel 38:2) This is widely recognized as a prophecy of the last days. A careful study of the Scriptures reveals that here "Gog" is a symbolic name for that same spirit rebel, Satan, who led Adam and Eve in a course of disobedience to God.
Ok.. So what does genesis chapter 10 mean then? It plainly speaks of who those people are.

Also, careful study of the scriptures in Revelation show that Satan is "the dragon"

Evidently, these discussions can't always be flowery. But I will try to be as respectful as I can.

A careful study of what scriptures? The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures? So now the King James version isn't sufficient? To whom?
To be in the world but not of the world could, very well, also mean that we are not just flesh and blood but of spirit being also. Alienating yourself to claim that the only truth is your own interpretation of the word of God can be a dangerous thing to soul and perspective. It is destructive and everybody ain't with disregarding the rest of humankind just to seek acceptance and pride among themselves and then attribute it in the name of Jesus. Why isn't anybody else picking up on this information but the Jehovah's Witnesses? Does the Vatican know too or is the information exclusive? Wasn't Jesus supposed to come back in 1914? Then in 1975? So now that you've figured out that he wasn't supposed to return to earth in 1914 but that he was supposed to take the throne instead, have you figured out another 'return to earth' date?

Hmm 1914? Seems to have came up a few times so I decided to look into that number with regards to JWs.

It is the date when, according to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the time of the Gentiles ended (Watchtower, 5/1/93, page 11) and "Jesus-the heavenly warrior Michael-became King of God's heavenly Kingdom," (Watchtower 11/1/93, page 23).

Too arrive at this date that take the account in Daniel 4 and use a 360 day yr for each of the 7 "times" for a total of 2520 yrs. Add that date to 607 B.C. there date for the fall of Jerusalem and arrive at 1914 A.D.
This marked time began in the year 1914 (A.D.). In that important year the 'appointed times of the nations,' 2,520 years long, ran out. If we measure back that many years from 1914 we come to the ancient date of 607 B.C. That year was marked for the overthrow of the earthly "throne of Jehovah" and for the destruction of the throne city of Jerusalem and its sanctuary and for the total desolation of the land of the kingdom of Judah." (From the Book, "Your Will," 1958, pp. 309-310, Watchtower CD, emphasis added).

But was 607 B.C. the correct date when Jerusalem fell? Well no it wasn't. No Bible scholar and no archaeological scholar holds to that date. The correct date is 586 B.C., not 607 B.C.

"The true prophet Jeremiah, not the false prophets, was vindicated when Jerusalem was razed by Babylonian soldiers in 607 B.C.E., the temple destroyed, and the populace either killed or dragged away captive to distant Babylon. The pitiful few that were left in the land fled into Egypt.-Jeremiah 39:6-9; 43:4-7," (Watchtower 2/1/92, page 4).
"In 607 B.C.E., Israel was taken into captivity for 70 years," (Watchtower 4/15/92, page 10)
"Samaria fell to the Assyrians in 740 B.C.E., and Jerusalem and its temple were destroyed by the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E," (Watchtower, 11/1/92, page 13).
So we see they do claim the 607 B.C. as the fall of Jerusalem.

According to Encyclopedia.com, the Babylonian captivity, is defined as "the period from the fall of Jerusalem (586 B.C.) to the reconstruction in Palestine of a new Jewish state (after 538 B.C.)."

"You will recall that the Babylonians, under Nebuchadnezzar, after twice laying siege to Jerusalem, finally captured it in 586 B.C.E. Nebuchadnezzar's army then pillaged the city, destroying the Temple and sending the inhabitants off to exile in Babylonia.("Biblical Archaeological Review, Biblical Archaelogical Review).

"...Nebuchadnezzar promptly invaded his unhappy country and besieged Jerusalem for a year and a half. In 587 Jerusalem fell and numbers of its inhabitants were carried away captive to Babylonia..." (Unger, Merrill, F., Unger's Bible Dictionary, Moody Press, Chicago, 1966, page 782).
  • Notice that the year 587 is offered instead of 586. There is sometimes a difference of opinion as to which year is the exact one. Nevertheless, it is obvious that 607 B.C. is not even close.
"586, Jerusalem destroyed and burned (Jer. 52:13f.); people taken captive (52:28-30). (The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1982, page 1016)

If they are wrong about such a basic event and have not changed their error to match historical fact, how can they be trusted to represent biblical truth?

They can not change their date of 1914 because they have so much invested in it. If they admitted they were wrong it would undermine the whole credibility and truth of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

But you know, right now we sound like the people that ridiculed Abraham when he was building the ark. :rolleyes:

So is the Watchtower and Bible Tract Society an organization of bible scholars? I'm asking because, well, since The New World Translation is different from mine I'm interested in knowing where the information comes from. Everytime new information comes up, is the Bible updated?

You mean Noah??:cool: Couldn't resist. Wait a minute did Abraham build an ark too?

Back