Mad Lib Story Thread

"...I should have put it away. All I can tell you right now, Ian, is please do not open it! We must wait until the full moon. The book has energy, Ian--it needs to be..."

(Trudy continues)taken seriously, I mean, who just finds a tome of power and plays with it like some hoodlum? I'm afraid to even speak openly of it, something might....

"...come out that will frighten you--or make you ask me a whole bunch more of those questions you are always asking me! Ian--all I am trying to say is please don't open it! We need to wait until the proper time to do a..."

(Okay--all you folks on the Alternative Boards? I am doing my level best to bait you:) . And thanks, Blessed and Juan!)

InPeace,
InLove

Hi All, and Peace!

(And Merry Meet;) )

This is not a post to continue the story. But I need to tell you something important. I have been reading around the boards and looking at old threads, some which have recently been resurrected. I just want to let you know that when I embarked upon my "fishing expedition" directed toward my fellow CR members who like to hang out on the Alternative Boards, I had no idea that one of WHKeith's pens involved the name "Ian". I just pulled the name out of thin air--and then I found that out! I was not trying to be cute or anything. I hope no one was offended, especially Bill Keith!

Nope, the "bait" only has to do with what the "old book" in the crazy story might need. I was just having fun trying to see who might be watching and might want to "play".

Well, where were we? Oh, yes...
"...come out that will frighten you--or make you ask me a whole bunch more of those questions you are always asking me! Ian--all I am trying to say is please don't open it! We need to wait until the proper time to do a..."
InPeace,
InLove

"...ritual cleansing."

(There, I said it!:) ).

"Ian, just leave it alone. Wait until I get there and we will..."

forever live in the bliss and hapiness of the great power the tome will give us, if we handle it properly.

Ian: (goodness, I'm glad I left the crazy thing alone, but I wish...

...Trudy would take her meds more regularly. I mean, if the book is that important to her I'm glad I left it alone (gotta respect your roommate's boundaries), but she's really heading off the deep end now. Maybe I should just call her case worker myself. Maybe I should just put the book back on the shelf. Maybe I should just make my own sandwich. Maybe I should just...

..."Ian? Are you there?"

"Yes, hello, Trudy? I am here (I think, therefore I must be). Trudy, just come home, okay? I have prepared a lovely...

...meaning, in relation to avian evolutionary theses. I also am intrigued by the runes placed periodically throughout chapter sixteen. Do you...er...think........

...that no one really knows for sure what is going on?. Except for me of course:rolleyes: . I bet if I try really hard I could...

...figure out what all this means. I'm particularly interested in the part that..."

"Awwwh, Ian! How could you? You've opened it! Oh, no no no no no! I told you to wait! Oh, no! You just don't know what you ha--"

"Oh, knock it off, Trudy! You really don't expect me to buy into all that mumbo-jumbo of yours, do you? Its just an old book, and quite intriguing if I do say so. Ooh...I'm so scared...come home and keep me safe, Trudy...."

My comments were met with cursing (uh-oh--she never curses) and crying and a very loud click, and then she was gone. Guess I shouldn't have teased her like that. Oh well, nothing to do now but wait for her to come home.

I tucked my newfound treasure under my arm and headed back upstairs to do some more forbidden reading. As I passed the window that had framed the sparrow like a spring painting earlier, I noticed the tiny creature had flown, its scrub perch now occupied by a horned lark. Strange, I thought, as I lay down across the feather bed and opened the book. Seems too far west--maybe she's lost....

Chapter Two
It had been a week since Trudy had hung up on me. She never came home, and all the peanut butter and jelly bean cookies were gone. I ate them. I hate them, but I ate them, because....​

...I needed a bit of fiber in my diet. Oh. My stomach is gurgling terribly. I think I'm gonna...

...open a window. Yikes--not with those two grackles out there! This is really getting to me. Nothing like always being the object of a bird's eye view--ugh. Guess I'll just take a...

...laxative or one of those blue pills the doctor prescribed. Put on some "make the world go away, get it off of my shoulder", & fall into a nice...

...Ray Price-induced sleep. But first, I must, must find out what...

...came in the mail today.

"Oh, please let it be a letter from Trudy. I just have to know where she is. I haven't had a decent meal since she left. She knows I can't even boil water."

Meanwhile, somewhere faraway.

"Why, yes, thank you. I think I will have a scotch and soda," said Trudy. as she turned to...

... deliver full eye contact to the man who insisted she order on his tab. Good looking, full bodied, deeply tanned. Why sit alone? She lifts her drink and slender body from her position at the bar and move in closer for company. She never took her eyes off of him. He never took his eyes off her. She approaches him, sets her drink next to his, and...

Back