A little game.

Here's another (think Renaissance):

Here lire ainsi un gentiluomo grassetto a who que very les bons He tonne went lengths untold, And on brink of Death grave the the had on him no hold. By world he série the small frightened IT tonne store-He somehow by Fate's core-Yet the plat, Though he'd lived a crazy, When he died he que more once sane.

InLove said:
Here's another (think Renaissance):

Here lire ainsi un gentiluomo grassetto a who que very les bons He tonne went lengths untold, And on brink of Death grave the the had on him no hold. By world he série the small frightened IT tonne store-He somehow by Fate's core-Yet the plat, Though he'd lived a crazy, When he died he que more once sane.

Shakespeare. and I can see the play, but I do not know the name of it. The brother is holding the skull of his lover, and "I knew Him Well..." comes to mind as one of the prose.

I'm not much of a fan of Shakespeare...it was required reading, not preferred.

v/r

Q

That would be Hamlet speaking of Yorick to Horatio--good guess, and I figured someone might say it--but its not the answer. Shakespeare is not involved in this one.:)

Here's another hint: These lines come at the very end of a certain narrative

InLove said:
That would be Hamlet speaking of Yorick to Horatio--good guess, and I figured someone might say it--but its not the answer. Shakespeare is not involved in this one.:)

Here's another hint: These lines come at the very end of a certain narrative

I'm an engineer, not a philosopher...I can't believe how many brain cells I burned out on that one...! :D

v/r

Q

Okay--this is probably going to give it away really fast--but as you look for the answer, you might "sally forth" away from London or Rome....

Think about the whole of Europe during the Renaissance--this text comes from a story that was published in two parts, which was kind of unusual--took about a decade for part two to be published. The lines I have posted are a literary epitaph for the main and much beloved character--a very strange gentleman, but a gentleman in every way, nonetheless.

Here's one for you folks.

To only indicate and free request and evening star for me! And it cannot be with gemito bars us, when I put out with the sea but a tide starting from the muovendosi seems addormentata, too full for the sound and the piuma with gum when what it drew towards the part external of important anchorings boundless of endorsings to put. Play of the evening and half light and after the this nerezza! And it cannot be with us sadness LED goodbye, when me loading; For the tho ' towards the part external of Bär bourne of time and HIM it presents to lathed Träger of the flood far éspoir to see of Seite with Seite mien schrämt Pfahl when it bars crost.

Oh, Oh, Oh (raising hand, putting hand down, repeat:))

I know this one--

Actually, a favorite of mine...but since I am married to the poster, think I will bow out--but good one, "Jack".:) <---add X's and O's)

InPeace,
InLove

InLove said:
Oh, Oh, Oh (raising hand, putting hand down, repeat:))

I know this one--

Actually, a favorite of mine...but since I am married to the poster, think I will bow out--but good one, "Jack".:) <---add X's and O's)

InPeace,
InLove

yup, I think that is called "avoiding a conflict of interest"...LOL :D

(He-he--I get a bit carried away at times. Hope I didn't embarass my soul mate, there;))

Anyway, Q--I can't help but think that this particular passage would be right up your alley.

(That is kind of a hint, but an unofficial one, LOL!)

InPeace,
InLove

Jack Halyard said:
Here's one for you folks.

To only indicate and free request and evening star for me! And it cannot be with gemito bars us, when I put out with the sea but a tide starting from the muovendosi seems addormentata, too full for the sound and the piuma with gum when what it drew towards the part external of important anchorings boundless of endorsings to put. Play of the evening and half light and after the this nerezza! And it cannot be with us sadness LED goodbye, when me loading; For the tho ' towards the part external of Bär bourne of time and HIM it presents to lathed Träger of the flood far éspoir to see of Seite with Seite mien schrämt Pfahl when it bars crost.

"I MUST down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky, And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by...

Sea-Fever by John Masefield 1878?...

oh, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...LOL :D

v/r

Q

"Halyard" is probably at lunch or something...I don't think he'll mind...

YES:D

(Isn't it beautiful, by the way?)

InPeace,
InLove

Quahom1 said:
Sea-Fever by John Masefield 1878?...

oh, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...LOL :D

v/r

Q

Sorry, that's not it. But a darn good guess, Q.

Back