A little game.

OH, man--I am so sorry--it is so similar--sorry guys--need to read a bit closer I guess...oops:eek: :eek:

InPeace,
InLove

Ha-ha, Q--we don't mean to be--just worked out that way.:)

J.H., where is our clue???

All I can say is that if the person who wrote this had not written it, perhaps Q would have....

InPeace,
InLove

And to think that ATF thought this thread might not catch on here...:)

Jack Halyard said:
Allrighty then, think back to the English romantics again.

"Sunset and evening star, And one clear call for me! And may there be no moaning of the bar, When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep, Too full for sound or foam, When that which drew from out the boundless deep Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell, And after that the dark! And may there be no sadness of farewell; When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place The flood may bear me far, I hope to see my pilot face to face When I have crossed the bar."

Alfred, Lord Tennyson 1809-1892

In seafairers' thoughts to "Cross the Bar" is death, and the Pilot's face is that of the Lord. We often read this at Naval and Coast Guard funerals. Though it was hidden in plain sight. Nice work! ;)

v/r

Q

I like this game! :D

My turn:

We will go more further toward the end, we war in Britanny, we war on the seas and the oceans, we fight the growing confidence and confidence by strength in atmosphere, we will protect our plot, price can be, we war on the playa, we war in the fields of line crossed sand, we war in the fields and in the streets, we war in the footholds; we never not will transport, and even if, to which 4 at present 4 do not believe, this plot or their large parts were obedient and starved, our kingdom after the seas, prepared and protected by fleet it was British, in order not to continue struggle as by length as, in the time of the peace of the god of good, new, with their completely effort we could after this, its step forward toward save the liberations of old.
v/r
Q

Cool game! Can anyone play? Hope so!

Is it .....

Winston Churchill .... We shall fight them on the beaches???:confused:

Hi, Kelcie--

Of, course, anyone can play--but we'll have to wait for Q to tell us if you answered correctly! (I learned that from experience:).)

Also, Phyllis missed a turn...unless we just want to get several going at one time? Which might be delightfully chaotic:D ...

InPeace,
InLove

Kelcie said:
Cool game! Can anyone play? Hope so!

Is it .....

Winston Churchill .... We shall fight them on the beaches???:confused:

June 4, 1940
addressing the
House of Commons
Winston Churchill's speech now known as "We shall fight on the beaches".

This is in the last paragraph of that two and 1/2 page speech.

...We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.

Excellent! :D

v/r

Q

What are the parameters for the text (besides that the piece should be something published somewhere?) I'm trying to limit what I post (if you look up the word bibliophile in the dictionary, you'll see my picture.) Sorry about this. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
What are the parameters for the text (besides that the piece should be something published somewhere?) I'm trying to limit what I post (if you look up the word bibliophile in the dictionary, you'll see my picture.) Sorry about this. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Just give us a "heads up" about maybe what the text is about. Like it is romantic, or it is scientific based on stuff between certain years, or it is religious, based on certain years. That is all. :D

Oops my bad, you don't tell us anything at first, except the fishburn you tell. Then...if we can't get it....see the above. :eek:

v/r

Q

Re: A little pray.

oh god let me make love

sincerely
png

Let's try this out. ;)

before "4 lead a calculation and sept annualty, took ahead our forerunners on this plateau the new kingdom: all is included/understood in freeness, and with the request which will of anybody considered, you comparable are caused. We are now interrogative in large the grazhdanskayaa of the conflicts which they included/understood this kingdom or include in each possible kingdom, therefore consequently it developed chonservnaya glass by length suffer. Us vstrechany on the large battle field of that of the conflicts. We arrived, to develop the part of this one collect as places more to finish stationary for those which they gave here their essence that the kingdom could live me. We this one must form together suitably and correctly that... "

v/r
Q

The Gettysburg Address, Abraham Lincoln (I believe.)

If I'm correct, I'll try to work on something, so someone can take my turn. :)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back