Marijuana

Nice post there my brother!

I even found some new info out that I didn't know... That website... Some staggering statistics eh? Can't do the youtube link as this computer has no sound card. LoL!
" A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response"

On a saturday night, that is almost doable ;)

Ahhh, that's a lot of weed, brah! 1,500 lbs - Whew! I couldn't smoke that much in 20 years, much less 15 minutes, lol. But yeah, that's a good site - lots if info there on the benefits of hemp/marijuana ...

peace

just to put an objective note in this.........
it is a plant. plain and simple and its the law of the land that makes its illegal. but it is simply a plant.
now, pills and stuff are scary cos you dont know whats in em and how they are made. imho. i know the chemicals do come from plants as well. eg poppy/opium. but a green leafy plant is just that a plant.
and no i dont smoke, i am actually a plant killer (black thumb). lol. and too afraid of the consequences of breaking the law.

just to put an objective note in this.........
it is a plant. plain and simple and its the law of the land that makes its illegal. but it is simply a plant.
now, pills and stuff are scary cos you dont know whats in em and how they are made. imho. i know the chemicals do come from plants as well. eg poppy/opium. but a green leafy plant is just that a plant.
and no i dont smoke, i am actually a plant killer (black thumb). lol. and too afraid of the consequences of breaking the law.
Tetra hydra canabinol is the chemical in the plant. Hemp is great for rope, the chemical is lousy on the human brain. People die from wanting this crap. That is terrifying.

Tetra hydra canabinol is the chemical in the plant. Hemp is great for rope, the chemical is lousy on the human brain. People die from wanting this crap. That is terrifying.
Well we know why people die, because it was made illegal. And while the isolated chemical may have many negative issues, please explain lousy on the brain when it comes to marijuana. Now we are aware that the tars from smoking are more damaging in regards to emphysema and cancer than tobacco. But what exactly constitutes a lethal dose? We are aware that alcohol has a lethal dose and many negative side affects damaging both brain and organs, which is documented.

But Q, please expound on all the detriment to the brain that the casual or even chronic marijuana user will suffer, vs the problem overflowing our jails, increasing violence, robberies, costs to police this innocous plant causes to society.

Well we know why people die, because it was made illegal. And while the isolated chemical may have many negative issues, please explain lousy on the brain when it comes to marijuana. Now we are aware that the tars from smoking are more damaging in regards to emphysema and cancer than tobacco. But what exactly constitutes a lethal dose? We are aware that alcohol has a lethal dose and many negative side affects damaging both brain and organs, which is documented.

But Q, please expound on all the detriment to the brain that the casual or even chronic marijuana user will suffer, vs the problem overflowing our jails, increasing violence, robberies, costs to police this innocous plant causes to society.
While increasing periphrial senses' perception, THC retards response time to external stimuli. Over time, chronic use also impedes synaptic function, and degrades neural transmitter pathways.

Like booze, it makes otherwise highly intelligent people dumber.

Once again, if people want it legalized, they have to vote to force their government to make it happen. Until then, jail is the price for having dope.

While increasing periphrial senses' perception, THC retards response time to external stimuli.
Yeah, our best downhill skier lost his Olympic Gold medal due to the fact that he was high. An admitted regular user of the drug performed as the best in the world in a sport which requires phenomenal focus and response high on a product which retards response time to external stimuli.

Same exists for many x-game contestants on motorcross, bike cross, snowboarding, skateboarding. Sports which require extreme concentration and quick response time...if they started drug testing I'd bet well over 50% of the top 10% in the sport would ask for 30 days to study for the test.

Face it, it was pure politics and personal gain that made it illegal, most enforcers and lawmakers are gladly killing brain cells and their kidneys with liquor all the while acting sanctimonious about filling our prisons with folks that have mostly offended themselves and not others. What we've done is taken small time criminals for and sent them to the school of higher learning, forget recitivism, they come out with new skills, pissed off at our legal system and join the real criminal class. A successful effort if I ever saw one.

The cost to the taxpayer and society for this law is enormous, much more than the cost to the taxpayer and society prior.

People die from wanting this crap. That is terrifying.

I find the myths people throw out there to scare monger terrifying... Were you stating... THC Kills? Could you share some evidence where people have died from entaking THC.... Please.

Like booze, it makes otherwise highly intelligent people dumber.

I'd beg to differ... Heh.

--edit--

I do not believe it slows any reaction down btw... If I -choose- to be, can be very "normal" while stoked out of my face... Visit my mother -every- Sunday.... So yeah, that talent to come across as clear is useful.... But while stoned I can be witty, as sharp as a blade, I can join in on conversation, debate... I can be what I need to be at the time... Also non stop playing of fast paced games I am sure most wouldn't be able to keep up with lil ol stoner me... Let's all get the brain training game and the eye and hand coordination... Let's put this to the test....

*Jackie Chan....* He puts my reactions and ninjas skills in the shadows... *bows to Alex*

Thanks for the input Jack mah brah! Much Love!

q said:
People die from wanting this crap. That is terrifying.
I find the myths people throw out there to scare monger terrifying... Were you stating... THC Kills? Could you share some evidence where people have died from entaking THC.... Please...
I'm guessing he's is referring largely to the deaths by those who are stealing to get money for pot or those that are killed taking part in the business end.

I'd bet most marijuana deaths would be a result from enforcement of arcane laws vs. territory disputes in trafficing and distribution, and think that as a percentage of deaths anything attributable just to use would be close to zero. (speaking marijuana here, not coke or heroin...)

Now if we really want to get into the lions share of drug deaths, they are written with legal prescription and taken as prescribed by medical doctors.

Well now that I think of it, it isn't just Sundays, it is pretty much every working day of my working life.... I think some have this crazy idea that you become a jibbering idiot or a messy pile of drooling jelly or something... It can simply calm and steady the mind.... It doesn't take control of you...

I'm guessing he's is referring largely to the deaths by those who are stealing to get money for pot or those that are killed taking part in the business end.

I'd bet most marijuana deaths would be a result from enforcement of arcane laws vs. territory disputes in trafficing and distribution, and think that as a percentage of deaths anything attributable just to use would be close to zero. (speaking marijuana here, not coke or heroin...)

Now if we really want to get into the lions share of drug deaths, they are written with legal prescription and taken as prescribed by medical doctors.

Like those whom have died/killed for Peace..... *tongue is inserted into one's cheek*

Alex,

if it was legal I might try it. Primarily I support it because it's less harmful than alcohol and, if regulated, an excellent source of revenue rather than the money sink that is the "war on drugs." I think it's so silly when people get arrested for having marijuana on them. It's pretty harmless except in excess which is true of most things.

So you think god would be down? ( I didn't want the other thread to drift down the wrong creek.)

Alex,

well as a Jew in terms of smoking marijuana there are only two issues that can arise from a traditional perspective: one is if it's harmful to the individual (something that's applied pretty leniently) and two is that laws in the country in which one lives are considered binding, with some exception (unjust laws, laws which prohibit the practice of Judaism.)

Personally I see no problem with it. One of my favorite rabbis, once instead of drinking four cups of wine on Pesach he smoked four joints. I think much stronger drugs probably also have their value, within spiritual practice, as entheogens. There's salvia, ahayuasca, LSD, peyote. However, I don't think the use of such substances are advisable for everyone and I think that the use of them should be taken very seriously, not treated as a simple high or leisure activity.

Back