The Apocalypse Comming Soon?

I'll believe it when I see it, and until then I'll pray it doesn't come to pass...

v/r

Q

And there was me thinking the anti-Christ was Napoleon. :)

Quahom1 said:
I'll believe it when I see it, and until then I'll pray it doesn't come to pass...

v/r

Q
to late it already has
Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ ...........revelation 12;12

mee said:
to late it already has
Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ ...........revelation 12;12

fine, show me the proof (evidence).

Quahom1 said:
fine, show me the proof (evidence).
the signs are all around us , we are living in critical times (2 timothy 3 ;1-5) its all coming true , why did Jesus leave us signs to look out for? so we would know where we were in the stream of time, we would recognize the time of the end.
In mentioning "the signs of the times," Jesus indicated that his first-century Jewish listeners should have been aware of the urgency of the times in which they were living. The Jewish system of things was about to experience a cataclysm that would affect all of them. A few days before his death, Jesus spoke to his disciples about another sign—the sign of his presence. What he said on that occasion is of vital importance to everyone today.

mee said:
the signs are all around us , we are living in critical times (2 timothy 3 ;1-5) its all coming true , why did Jesus leave us signs to look out for? so we would know where we were in the stream of time, we would recognize the time of the end.
In mentioning "the signs of the times," Jesus indicated that his first-century Jewish listeners should have been aware of the urgency of the times in which they were living. The Jewish system of things was about to experience a cataclysm that would affect all of them. A few days before his death, Jesus spoke to his disciples about another sign—the sign of his presence. What he said on that occasion is of vital importance to everyone today.

Why indeed? He didn't. He told us to not fret over the time of the coming, for none but the Father knows the appointed time. Therefore be steadfast, sober, alert and ready, do not be caught asleep.

What Jesus was/is telling us is to live today and plan for tomorrow, but live each day like it is the last day (in otherwords my friend, be most excellent to eachother).

We are only allotted 24 hours at a time...spend that time wisely. If we wake up the next morning, get on our knees and thank God for another day.

If however we keep looking for a better tomorrow, we forget to live today to its fullest, hence we are not being good stewards of the time we've been given. We miss opportunities to help others, because of our distraction (searching the clouds for His return). Meanwhile while our eyes are focussed on what will come to pass, we miss the tug on our pant leg, of someone in need of our attention right now. And as you know, Mee, what so ever we do or do not do to the least of these, we ultimately do or do not do unto Jesus...

That is the message Christ imparts to us in Scripture. ;)

v/r

Q

I don't know where I read it, either the gospels of the Bible, or maybe one of the Apocrypha on this site; but Jesus was casting out a demon(s) from somebody and the demon said "You have no right to torture us before the 6000 years are up." I remember distinctly the demon saying 6000 years.

Now I also know that conservative creationists (myself included) belive that the Earth is some 6000 years old based on the time-table of the first people from Adam to.... someone past Noah. 6000 years seems fitting, since "6" is the number for man, and also of the Beast of Revleations (man was created on the 6th day). So taken from that it seems like the time is getting pretty close to when the apocalypse may come.

Pico said:
I don't know where I read it, either the gospels of the Bible, or maybe one of the Apocrypha on this site; but Jesus was casting out a demon(s) from somebody and the demon said "You have no right to torture us before the 6000 years are up." I remember distinctly the demon saying 6000 years.

Now I also know that conservative creationists (myself included) belive that the Earth is some 6000 years old based on the time-table of the first people from Adam to.... someone past Noah. 6000 years seems fitting, since "6" is the number for man, and also of the Beast of Revleations (man was created on the 6th day). So taken from that it seems like the time is getting pretty close to when the apocalypse may come.

Quite possibly Pico. However God in scripture made it quite clear that His ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts, and His Time is not our time...for a thousand of our years can be but a day of His, and a thousand of His years can be but a day of ours...

That is where we get into trouble, because we conveniently forget that "fact". God's and our time are not the same. We don't know if the end of time is based on our time or God's time...because He never said. Birth pangs (as Jesus pointed out) indicate the new beginning occuring, however birth pangs can last 60 minutes or several days...

All that really matters is that we make the most of the 24 hours we've been alloted today...

my thoughts

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Why indeed? He didn't. He told us to not fret over the time of the coming, for none but the Father knows the appointed time. Therefore be steadfast, sober, alert and ready, do not be caught asleep.

What Jesus was/is telling us is to live today and plan for tomorrow, but live each day like it is the last day (in otherwords my friend, be most excellent to eachother).

We are only allotted 24 hours at a time...spend that time wisely. If we wake up the next morning, get on our knees and thank God for another day.

If however we keep looking for a better tomorrow, we forget to live today to its fullest, hence we are not being good stewards of the time we've been given. We miss opportunities to help others, because of our distraction (searching the clouds for His return). Meanwhile while our eyes are focussed on what will come to pass, we miss the tug on our pant leg, of someone in need of our attention right now. And as you know, Mee, what so ever we do or do not do to the least of these, we ultimately do or do not do unto Jesus...

That is the message Christ imparts to us in Scripture. ;)

v/r

Q
yes you are right, we dont have to worry because we are full of joy and know that at the appointed time it will happen just as the bible tells us so .As true christians we are steadfast in doing what Jesus told us to, and we are alert to the times we are living in. and we are ready because we did not fall asleep to bible prophecy and chronology ,we know just where we are in the stream of time . yes we should live each day as if Armaggeddon could come tomorrow. are we doing what jesus asked us to do . or have we fallen asleep. i am so glad that someone did a good thing for me , by acting on what they had learned from the bible and did not become distracted . it has given me the chance to gain everlasting life . the illustration that you mentioned , i think it is the one about the sheep and the goats , is one of my favourite illustrations, ...matthew 24;31 if we help , we are helping Jesus also , but if we dont help them we are rejecting Jesus also.
For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering.
(2 Corinthians 5:20) We are therefore ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making entreaty through us. As substitutes for Christ we beg: "Become reconciled to God.yes its all happening in the time of the end ,we are in a spiritual paradise even now, but the pyhisical earthly paradise is yet to come. the faithful slave class matthew 24;45-47 is now joined by a great crowd ... revelation 7;9... because the great crowd is helping them to get the work done . so the question is ..... am i a sheep or a goat? do you not love illustrations?

oh i have just realized , in my previous post it should read matthew 25;31 not matthew 24;31 about the illustration of the sheep and the goats:) silly me

Quite possibly Pico. However God in scripture made it quite clear that His ways are not our ways, His thoughts are not our thoughts, and His Time is not our time...for a thousand of our years can be but a day of His, and a thousand of His years can be but a day of ours...

That is where we get into trouble, because we conveniently forget that "fact". God's and our time are not the same
In my understanding of Creation, there is a union of two natures - human and divine -- which takes the form of an alliance that evolves in existential time. This alliance -- which is represented in numerous Covenants -- makes possible a new synthesis of world realities. The potential for this alliance was there from the start. The first covenant was the one Adam and Eve entered into. The alliance developed and more complex rules were spelled out in greater detail later on.

The idea of Apocalypse was present in the OT as well. In fact, some theologians feel that the New Testament description of Apocalypse is a takeoff on the Judaic vision of a future spiritual kingdom:
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
~Daniel 2:44

It's a primordial vision of perfection and an expectation for a coming age in which evil has been eliminated. They say that prophets tend to "predict" what has already been happening. They're basically observing a present trend. That would appear to be the case regarding the Apocalypse. To me anyway, it's a symbol for the dynamic of renewal and transformation. But the spiritual revolution has been happening all along - well before it was predicted in the form of OT prophesy.

The existential possibility of Apocalypse was made present when the Heavenly Father offered humankind "a kingdom of power, and strength, and glory." (Daniel 2:37) To me, the prophesy emphasizes the ontological insufficiency of human history in the absence of the driving force of spiritualization that is G-d's present work.

With the Apocalypse, the dissolution of human disorder gives way to divine order. This is not an unfortunate disaster that disrupts the order of things. Indeed, it gives order and pervades the world with Divine Beauty. To paraphrase Martin Luther, sinners become beautiful because G-d loves them.

Re: The Apocalypse Comming Soon?

Apocalypse—When?

Closer Than Many Think

"A Thief in the Night"

A Change of Events

Apocalypse—Prelude to Paradise

Regarding earth’s inhabitants, the book of Revelation (The Apocalypse, Douay) tells us that God "will wipe every tear from their eyes.

There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things [will have] passed away."
(Revelation 21:4, New International Version)

Instead of a gloomy aftermath of the apocalypse, the Bible reveals that man will be capable of living forever in a paradise on earth.—Psalm 37:9-11, 29.

Paradise? Everlasting life on earth? Just imagine, perfectly healthy, happy people from all races enjoying life to the full! ‘How could this be the result of an apocalypse?’ you may ask.

God has given his word. It will be as in the case of God’s dealings with Israel, that "not a promise failed out of all the good promise that Jehovah had made . . . ; it all came true."—Joshua 21:45.

So, concerning the exact day and hour of the apocalypse nobody knows, but the evidence shows that we are living in the era of the apocalypse.

When it strikes, may we be found awake and "on the watch." For "the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever."—Mark 13:33, 37; 1 John 2:17; Matthew 24:36.​

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (Matthew 24:35-36)

Maybe tomorrow ... maybe in 10,000 years ... no-one knows.
As I see it, it is happening right now. As Jorgen Moltmann put it, Christ was not a historical revelation of G-d in history. Rather, Christ communicated the end of history. G-d is rebuilding the world this very moment. That is, He is in effect making history obsolete even as He reveals its brokenness and disorder. G-d is the creative power, the power of resurrection that was made visible for Christ: "He creates everything anew. Before Him, this world is manifested in its disorientation, its injustice, and transience." (p.136)

Apocalypse is not inherently a fearful state of affairs. Actually, it's a problem only for those attached to things as they are. It is a concern for them because they want to keep things as they are. They have a stake in the continuation of history because they profit it. On the other hand, those who suffer because of the existing world order understandably want to see it end. For them, apocalypse is a desirable course of events. Every tear will be wiped from their eyes, "and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, (for) the old order has passed away." (Revelation 21:4).

The so-called "end times" events that are man made have nothing to do with Christian eschatology. The view that these events are divine intervention is basically a secularized version of Christian eschatology. Such man-made events an be seen in many cases as being an "Eclipse of G-d." Ironically, Christian religionists help perpetuate this view. I think it was Jerry Falwelll who said 9/11 was G-d's punishment.

At any rate, the so-called "end times" events that are man made have nothing to do with Christian eschatology. They can be seen as the "Eclipse of G-d."

The Christian apocalypse is the very essence of hope - the hope of seeing the creation of a new world: "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth." (Revelation 21:1).

In my understanding of Creation, there is a union of two natures - human and divine -- which takes the form of an alliance that evolves in existential time.
I agree

This alliance -- which is represented in numerous Covenants -- makes possible a new synthesis of world realities. The potential for this alliance was there from the start. The first covenant was the one Adam and Eve entered into. The alliance developed and more complex rules were spelled out in greater detail later on.
What covenant did Adam & Eve entered into ?

What covenant did Adam & Eve entered into ?
The Genesis covenant would appear to be a simple law covenant with this probit: " Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:16-17).

The first covenant was not redemptive in nature. It's purpose evidently was to establish the parameters of G-d's jurisdiction. So it was different from the later covenant agreements in that regard.

The later ones were also different in scope. The first covenant was with an individual (Adam). Jesus communicated a worldwide universalization of the agreement.

Based on the Genesis narrative, I think one could argue that G-d only entered into an agreement with Adam, not with Eve. Does that mean there was no agreement with Eve?........?...................

Not sure what you are getting at.

The Genesis covenant would appear to be a simple law covenant with this probit: " Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:16-17).
This is he commandment God gave to Adam who gave it to Eve.
They did not follow it and were chased out of the garden. Is there a reason you still call it a covenant since one party rejected it ?

The first covenant was not redemptive in nature. It's purpose evidently was to establish the parameters of G-d's jurisdiction. So it was different from the later covenant agreements in that regard.
?

The later ones were also different in scope. The first covenant was with an individual (Adam). Jesus communicated a worldwide universalization of the agreement.
I agree, starting from Moses God's providence moved to the national level. Jesus came for the world all humanity

Based on the Genesis narrative, I think one could argue that G-d only entered into an agreement with Adam, not with Eve. Does that mean there was no agreement with Eve?........?...................
Adam shared it with Eve. The human fall went in reversed order. Eve accepted Lucifer commandment, then shared it with Adam who went along with it and did not follow God's commandment.

I am not sure what you are getting at.
I have never heard God's commandment to Adam called a covenant before

They did not follow it and were chased out of the garden. Is there a reason you still call it a covenant since one party rejected it ?
Did they accept it initially?

Adam shared it with Eve.
How do you know this?

The human fall went in reversed order. Eve accepted Lucifer commandment,
The concept of temptation suggest that it was a matter of choice.

I have never heard God's commandment to Adam called a covenant before
I see all of G-d interactions with humankind as having the quality of a relationship that involves some understanding of terms. In other words an agreement of sort. An agreement with the Divine could be said to be a divine covenant.

Adam shared it with Eve.

How do you know this?
Genesis 3
1 Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You can't eat from any tree in the garden (A) '?" 2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit from the trees in the garden. 3 But about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, 'You must not eat it or touch it, or you will die. (B) ' "​

Genesis 3
1 Now the serpent was the most cunning of all the wild animals that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You can't eat from any tree in the garden (A) '?" 2 The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit from the trees in the garden. 3 But about the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God said, 'You must not eat it or touch it, or you will die. (B) ' "​

Eve is relaying what she had heard from Adam. She offers a direct quote. The act that she knows the expectation doesn't mean she entered into the same arrangement that Adam had entered into.

To me the passage reads like "If you buy a car, that means you'll be expected to make payments." This is a general principle. But such an arrangement is binding only for someone who actually buys a car.

We have no reason to believe that G-d ever asked Eve to enter into an agreement or that Eve went along with it.

Back