What do we know about God?

taijasi said:
This is no way "reduces" God to "mere energy," or to some vague, diffuse(d) presence. A Presence, most certainly, and I would even remove the `A.' The Infinite Presence ... a Single Entity, acting throughout Cosmos from the Highest spiritual levels. Yet, as you've said, Dondi, also immanent within His Creation. is also color, even at this sub-atomic level, and a large enough version of andrew

One of the more remarkable aspects of the paranormal contact I had with the Sun, which I mentioned to Dondi, is that it began with my name being called. From that I can only infer that God is far more than a mere persence. He is a conscious witness to every life. I refer to the masculine, for that was the impression I got - in fact grandfatherly - perhaps from cultural indoctrination.

MagnetMan said:
That he is consciously represented by us and also by all other atomic associations throughout the cosmos. Most gloriously for us in our Star. For me all this is not just an intellectual realization. Thirty years ago I had direct communion with the ions streaming out of our Sun. Struck by Divine madness, I have been on a spiritual haj ever since then. You can read about that world-wide pilgrimage in my book if you are interested. The title of which I do not believe I am allowed to mention here. But you can find it in my profile. Panentheism is a new word for me. Have to look that up. Better still you enlighten me.

Then to you, MagnetMan, the Egyptions were correct in the worship of Ra, the Sun God? The sun will burn out in a few billion years, what will you worship then?

Dondi said:
Then to you, MagnetMan, the Egyptions were correct in the worship of Ra, the Sun God? The sun will burn out in a few billion years, what will you worship then?

To the first part, Precisely. So too the Mayans and a host of other cultures. It inspired them enough to move mountains and build mighty monuments, when they could have just spent the time masturbating. As to your second part. I believe our evolution will have completed its cycle eons before then - so the question is moot. By then I will be in any part of the Cosmos I wish witha billion more Suns to worship.

taijasi said:
And a few images that illustrate reverence for the Divine - and the angelic Presence of the Divine, in the very, very large, especially relevant to what you mentioned about our Star, MagnetMan ...

These illustrate, respectively, Akhenaton praising Aten - the Sun God, then the Sun & the Seven ArchAngels, then a Solar Deva, viewed clairvoyantly.

These two images are from the visionary art of Arthur Douet, showing Overlighting Angels over Australia, then Planetary Angels assisting in the building of the planetary matrix (matrix: Etymology: Latin, female animal used for breeding, parent plant, from matr-, mater ... Mother!).

:)

andrew
Thanks for that posting. Very inspiring.

Dondi said:
It is a great mistake to think that Egyptians, Mayans, etc. worshipped the sun itself. They did not, in my understanding. Rather, they recognized the Sun as the outermost expression, or physical vehicle, for a Vast Being. Actually, the entire Solar System is this being's physical body, with the 7 Sacred Planets as the seven chakras (energy centers) ... and the Sun is likened to the heart - as an actual organ! It pumps the blood of life to every single cell - within the Solar body. Let's face it, without the rays of the sun - the heat, the prana/chi which infuses and invigorates every living thing ... we would all die. :)

So, they did not worship it as a material object, lifeless and cold (okay, hot) ... which science depicts. They knew it - in the reverse! Essentially Spirit(ual), Source of All Life, and Provider of ALL WARMTH - both inner & outer. Look again, at Akhenaten and the divine family, worshipping the Sun. Its outstretched arms symbolize everything I have just said ... ;)

The Gayatri, an Ancient Hindu Prayer ...
O Thou, Who givest sustenance to the Universe,
From Whom all things proceed,
To Whom all things return,
Reveal to us the true spiritual Sun,
Hidden
by a disc of Golden Light,
That we may know Truth and do our whole Duty,
As we journey toward Thy Sacred Feet.
:)

andrew, also a lover of the Aten

taijasi said:
It is a great mistake to think that Egyptians, Mayans, etc. worshipped the sun itself. They did not, in my understanding. Rather, they recognized the Sun as the outermost expression, or physical vehicle, for a Vast Being. Actually, the entire Solar System is this being's physical body, with the 7 Sacred Planets as the seven chakras (energy centers) ... and the Sun is likened to the heart - as an actual organ! It pumps the blood of life to every single cell - within the Solar body. Let's face it, without the rays of the sun - the heat, the prana/chi which infuses and invigorates every living thing ... we would all die. :)

So, they did not worship it as a material object, lifeless and cold (okay, hot) ... which science depicts. They knew it - in the reverse! Essentially Spirit(ual), Source of All Life, and Provider of ALL WARMTH - both inner & outer. Look again, at Akhenaten and the divine family, worshipping the Sun. Its outstretched arms symbolize everything I have just said ... ;)

andrew, also a lover of the Aten
If I am interpreting you correctly, I am definately not in a agreement with you on this. There is a small percentage of the general population who are born with their clair-sentient faculties open to spiritual influences - psychics who see and experience a reality beyond the mundane. Traditionally they have always served an essential role in every society - as mediums between the mundane and the profane - their visions and prophecies were always respected - until the Age of Science arrived. Now we call our spiritual mediums, shams and channelers and what not. Our Star is not simply a nuclear furnace burning up hydrogen, keeping the climate warm and radiating vitamen D down on us - with an expiration date five billion years in the future. He/She is the Mightiest Spirit in our system, fully concious of every atom that expresses itself in His domain.

I have already given testamony that I experienced His consciousness directly. That has been blithely ignored in this debate so far. Which is astonishing, since this thread is asking what we know about God. Nobody has been slightly curious enough to ask what effect it had on my consciousnsess. Not only was it ignored. but as far as I can see, directly contradicted. I am not being personal here. These facts perfectly illustrate the the skeptical attitude of the the modorn, scientifically indoctrinated psyche. This blithe attitude to supernatural testament is pandemic in the western world today that claims belief in God, and denies Him in the same breath. Its not that spiritual testamony is simply disbelieved - far worse - it is simply ignored or glossed over. Analytical assumptions, unconnected to intuitive insight, cannot address spiritual reality. For this reason I label the modern intellect claiming spiritual scholarship, as pseudo, for all its verbal brilliance. It cannot stoop to recognize simplicity itself. There was a time when men honored each other's words and believed they spoke the truth when they saw it. By keeping an open mind, they could intuite sincerity when its was presented before them. Sadly one cannot share direct spiritual experiences these days, for it confounds conventional "wisdom", and we are all the more superficial for it.

Via my own direct contact with our Sun., I believe that the Egyptians and Mayans took the psychic assertions of their prietsts to heart, even though most of them did not actually share in the ecstacy that comes of direct contact. If we were all born clair sentient and had direct psychic contact, no mundane chores would get done. When a member of society has a profound spiritual experience, an inner conciousness compells the psychic to go beyond public redicule and personal embarrassment, and share the experience with the society that supports him or her. In earleir times, faith in the words of their priests, sustained Sun-worshipping cultures in their effort in building their monuments to the Sun. The same faith in the visions and vistations to psychics by the supernatural during tjhe Middle Ages, motivated the building of mighty cathedrals. Alas, with the growth of our critical intellect, Faith and trust in spiritual testameny is lost - and the true spiritual dynamism of those ancient cultures is consequently reduced to intellectual analysis, and a macabre interest in dried mummies. Sometimes I dispair of ever getting our simple trust in each other's word back again. Libraries of written laws trying to define and police the truth have gone far beyond the rediculous, they are costing us 80% of our GNP. The only Faith we have left now is in money and we build mighty skyscrapers to proclaim it.

Blessed is he who has not seen, yet doth Believe.

Hmm, apologies, MagnetMan, if my points regarding the Hylozoistic relationship between the Sun, His Seven Planets, and Earth's Humanity ... somehow came across wrong. I certainly did not mean to ignore any direct testimony that you might wish to share. I would be interested. But I think perhaps - I might not have made my point very well.

I cannot make it any clearer than the 2nd picture of my earlier post, and the 3rd. Agreed, not all of us have such powers of clairvoyance or clairsentience very well developed. But I would submit that nearly anyone who might go outside on a nice, sunny day - and take a few moments to glance up into the clear blue sky .... can observe the work of the Solar Lord readily. One will notice that the field is not solid blue. There is a "fuzz." And if one allows one's eyes to relax a bit, there will be perceived - movement. If one pays attention, through no clairvoyance, but simply by allowing the eyes to adjust to the subtler ether (a natural, physical ability) ... we can also see a swirl of bright, or clear, particles. They move very quickly - and they have been called prana in Vedic teachings, for thousands of years. They are the chi of Tai Chi. Pure, vital, living energy - coming from this very Being you are describing, manifest through and as the Sun. I think we are on the same page here. I truly do.

What I assume is fairly non-conventional about it, is the very notion that the Sun is literally alive! That the Sun is in fact, GOD. Not "a god," but in fact the greatest that we can conceive of by such a word. That, anyway, is my belief. If I was pointing out that the outward, physical Sun veils an inner, spiritual Reality, I only mean it in an analogous fashion to the manner in which our physical body - is the temporary vessel for the Soul, or the Spirit within. I think the parallel is exact, except on a far higher turn of the spiral.

Apologies again, if I tend to over-intellectualize sometimes. I am often one of many words ... perhaps too little substance. Simplicity can be best, but that is why I provided the Gayatri, which I say often as I look heavenward, and focus on the Solar Logos, or Lord. I am certainly not being trite. This is a part of my sacred belief, ritual, practice, and relationship with the Divine. Please accept and honor that, even as I honor yours, and seek to honor all ... such relationships. :)

Peace,

andrew

Excuse me, I can't disagree more with your statement. Are you to limit God to one item in his Universe. You have made God into your image, not his. He is a spirit and God almighty. You have made him less than what he is and smaller than who he is. Where are you getting your information from? I would suggest another source ... you are not to worship the creation, but the Creator. I would start there!

gteeter said:
Excuse me, I can't disagree more with your statement. Are you to limit God to one item in his Universe. You have made God into your image, not his. He is a spirit and God almighty. You have made him less than what he is and smaller than who he is. Where are you getting your information from? I would suggest another source ... you are not to worship the creation, but the Creator. I would start there!
The being you speak of ... is the Supreme Logos. For Taoists, it is the Tao that cannot be named - the Eternal Tao. All of Cosmos is indeed the least portion of the manifest expression of the Infinite and Almighty.

As the Upanishad says, Having permeated the entire Cosmos with a fragment of Myself, I remain.

And yes, that is the Being deserving of Worship, Praise, and Veneration. Yes is not also all of His Expression, also Divine? Those who find challenge in witnessing the presence of God within this world ... might also, perhaps, rethink their conceptions.
O hidden Life, vibrant in every atom,
O hidden Light, shining in every creature,
O hidden Love, embracing all in oneness,
May all who feel themselves as one with thee
Know they are therefore one with every other.
(Annie Besant)
Namaskar - I salute the Divine Presence, within you! ;)

andrew

taijasi said:
What I assume is fairly non-conventional about it, is the very notion that the Sun is literally alive! That the Sun is in fact, GOD. Not "a god," but in fact the greatest that we can conceive of by such a word. That, anyway, is my belief. If I was pointing out that the outward, physical Sun veils an inner, spiritual Reality, I only mean it in an analogous fashion to the manner in which our physical body - is the temporary vessel for the Soul, or the Spirit within. I think the parallel is exact, except on a far higher turn of the spiral.
andrew

Relieved to hear it was the old bugbear of scriptural mis-interpretation come to nip at us again.Tho it does some to me that we two are are engaged in a split of spiritual infinitives.
Are not the body and spirit one and the same thing? I don't know the answer to that, but prefer to live with the belief that they are inseprarable. Matter never dies - holy atoms merely reassemble. The interchange between body and spirit is very simple for me. I am ecstatic when I see God. He is ecstatic when I have a sensual orgasm. The material self is in love with spiritual Self and viseversa. Narcissis staring at the mirror of his own reflection.

Wow. Hope this doesn't sound shallow ... but MagnetMan you just reminded me of the mirror trick. Haven't done it in awhile. Need a decent, large mirror - to hold up in front of the bathroom mirror. Wow!

Infinity ... ;)

Kind of Zen: Everywhere we look around us, is infinity, yet we cannot put our finger on it (or it ceases to be!). Teilhard's Divine Milieu! :)

andrew

taijasi said:
Wow. Hope this doesn't sound shallow ... but MagnetMan you just reminded me of the mirror trick. Haven't done it in awhile. Need a decent, large mirror - to hold up in front of the bathroom mirror. Wow!

Infinity ... ;)

Kind of Zen: Everywhere we look around us, is infinity, yet we cannot put our finger on it (or it ceases to be!). Teilhard's Divine Milieu! :)

andrew

I have large mirrors strategically placed all around the house, so that every one can check if they have a booger hanging out.

taijasi said:

Infinity ... ;)

andrew

Build a picture case 14 x 14 by 3 inches deep. Attach a mirror to the back inside of the case. Instead of glass or acrylic, install a two way mirror in the front of the picture case. Line the inside edge of the picture case with black felt and string Christmas lights around the inside edge of the case. Mount on the wall, and plug in the lights. Then look at the picture case straight on.

Infinity adnausem...

v/r

Q

Thank you Q, and MagnetMan! MM, for the wonderful laugh you just shared with me! I've needed to laugh out loud like that for awhile! :p

And Q, for the idea! It seems familiar, like I've seen a picture of it, but not the effect. Will definitely research, and maybe build. In A Gadda Da Vida is playing in the background right now, so I'm feeling tripped out! Why not throw in some mirrors & lights to make it complete! :D

rofl ...

andrew

taijasi said:
Thank you Q, and MagnetMan! MM, for the wonderful laugh you just shared with me! I've needed to laugh out loud like that for awhile! :p

And Q, for the idea! It seems familiar, like I've seen a picture of it, but not the effect. Will definitely research, and maybe build. In A Gadda Da Vida is playing in the background right now, so I'm feeling tripped out! Why not throw in some mirrors & lights to make it complete! :D

rofl ...

andrew

Not at all Taij. It is called an infinity "box". It is a reflection of an illusion to reality...

Quahom1 said:
Not at all Taij. It is called an infinity "box". It is a reflection of an illusion to reality...

Are we talking Hollywood sets here? They use smoke too. The end result. when they are on target, makes even the gods smile.

Taijasi, I have seen those images that you posted in meditation and prayer. Particularly the angels over australia and the planetary matrix. I didn't see Australia but I saw angelic type figures in space over the earth. What is the history behind these prints?

didymus said:
Taijasi, I have seen those images that you posted in meditation and prayer. Particularly the angels over australia and the planetary matrix. I didn't see Australia but I saw angelic type figures in space over the earth. What is the history behind these prints?
Didymus,

The first image is from a papyrus with Akenaten and the holy family praising the Aten. It may or not be a recent production, but would certainly be based on an original somewhere, if not the original itself.

The second image is based on clairvoyant observation, I think from Geoffrey Hodson. You can find information here, and the most extensive collection of images from his observations, here. The third image is also based on direct clairvoyance, that of Eskild Tjalve, info. here. Four more images from Hodson's observations are here, while similar, beautiful images can be found here (Deva of Ceremonial, above a church) and here (an especially good site, but be wary of the audio files).

The last two images are from the work of Arthur Douet, and are certainly clairvoyance of a sort, if not also direct.

It is my understanding that the vast hierarchies of angels recognized by Christians - and emphasized in Catholic teachings - fit under the main category of Devas ... or `shining ones,' in Sanskrit. They comprise a much more prolific evolution on Earth at the present time ... than Humanity, being the co-stewards of the planet. Esoterically, Humanity is said to number 60 billion units (obviously only 1/10th presently in incarnation) ... while the Devas, number 140 billion. The devas ... are the builders of form, and those portrayed in this art are all vastly ahead of the average human in spiritual development, though there are vast numbers of devas who stand approximately equal to us, as well as below us, more equivalent to animals ....

andrew

Hi
If I define God in a broad sense, that is as both a first cause and as the whole of existence, then every physical and mental experience I've ever had counts as knowledge of Him (or Her or It).

Back