What music are you listening to?

Skip James
Mahalia Jackson
Odetta
Sublime
Old Man Ludecke
Achers and achers
The Grass

Woops, I misspelled "Acres and acres" above.

And I want to plug some of the talent of the Hailfax music scene, such as them. As of yet, I'm not quite savvy enough to be sure that my attempts to attach links below have been successful.

acres and acres, truth and sky, YouTube - Truth & Sky - Acres and Acres , and the cell phone song.

Old Man Ludecke, brilliant, has a lot on youtube. "I quit my job", and "The joy of cooking" would particularly appeal to this crowd.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH0gduW1j5Q&feature=related

Jenn Grant, another gifted friendly Haligonian who is going places, has videos galore for your enjoyment on youtube.

Dr. Funkenstein Medley: Let's Take It To The Stage/ Take Your Dead Ass Home (Say Som'n Nasty) (LIVE), Parliament.

Dr. Funkenstein's Supergroovalistic-Prosifunkstication Medley: Let's Take It To The Stage/ Take Your Dead Ass Home (Say Som'n Nasty) (LIVE), Parliament.

Not music, but an interview of a young lady who survived being shot last year (the shooter hasn't been caught yet) and an e-mail from a lady who just lost her second daughter to trisomy-18 (her first daughter died due to complications of the very same syndrome.)

Yes, it's a telethon for the local Children's Hospital.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back