What music are you listening to?

I ran across this song, one of my favorites, done by this musician, also one of my favorites. Jeff Healey struggled with cancer all of his life and it finally consumed him this year. He died much too young and I want to post this in his memory. May God bless you, Jeff Healey.

The Jeff Healey Band ? While My Guitar Gently Weeps ? Listen free at Last.fm

Jeff Healey (born Norman Jeffrey Healey on March 25, 1966 in Toronto, Canada) was a blues-rock guitarist. He died on March 2, 2008 after a long battle with cancer.

Jeff was a guitar legend in his own right. Although blinded by eye cancer at the tender age of one, Jeff picked up his first guitar when he was three years old and defied the odds and became a gifted and successful artist. He developed his own unique style of playing the guitar while lay flat on his lap.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Jeff+Healey+Band/+videos/+1-MJh3KaIKDAw

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

I look at you all the love there that's sleeping
while my guitar gently weeps
I look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Still my guitar gently weeps.

I don't know why nobody told you
how to unfold your love
I don't know how someone controlled you
They bought and sold you.

I look at the world and I notice it's turning
with every mistake we must surely be learning
still my guitar gently weeps.

I don't know how you were diverted
you were perverted too
I don't know how you were inverted
no one alerted you.

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping
look at you all...
still my guitar gently weeps.

I ran across this song, one of my favorites, done by this musician, also one of my favorites. Jeff Healey struggled with cancer all of his life and it finally consumed him this year. He died much too young and I want to post this in his memory. May God bless you, Jeff Healey.

I remember hearing him when his debut album came out. :(

s.

Xaphan: Book of Angels Vol. 9

MySpace.com - Secret Chiefs 3 - NaKoja Abad - Surf / Grindcore / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/secretchiefs3

Music: 11 of John Zorn's Masada compositions, his project for exploring jazz and Jewish melodies; (the hyperlink should play “Masada preview").

Arranged: by Trey Spruance, leader of Secret Chiefs 3, a project that defies musical categorization.

Played by: Secret Chiefs 3...which means the tunes are taken on a world tour and then amalgamated into a glorious, seamless whole.

Highly recommended.

s.

Xaphan: Book of Angels Vol. 9

MySpace.com - Secret Chiefs 3 - NaKoja Abad - Surf / Grindcore / Psychedelic - www.myspace.com/secretchiefs3

Music: 11 of John Zorn's Masada compositions, his project for exploring jazz and Jewish melodies; (the hyperlink should play “Masada preview").

Arranged: by Trey Spruance, leader of Secret Chiefs 3, a project that defies musical categorization.

Played by: Secret Chiefs 3...which means the tunes are taken on a world tour and then amalgamated into a glorious, seamless whole.

Highly recommended.

s.

Wow! Never heard their music before this. Kind of reminds me of the Mahavishnu Orchestra and John McLaughlin but with a
decidedly Middle Eastern sound. Great stuff, thanks dmsingh

Wow! Never heard their music before this. Kind of reminds me of the Mahavishnu Orchestra and John McLaughlin but with a
decidedly Middle Eastern sound. Great stuff, thanks dmsingh

Whoosh! Yeah, good comparison!

I've got all the Secret Chiefs albums; if you like this one I think I can safely recommend their most recent two: Book M and Book of Horizons. There's a sort of Best of (called Path of Most Resistance) but I think I'd go for the actual albums meself. :)

On the bluesy guitar front I happened to put the TV on the other night (a rather obscure BBC channel called BBC4) and caught a recent Jeff Beck concert.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

FANTASTIC!!! I think it was from Ronnie Scott's club. He had Joss Stone on for one song and also Imogen Heap (who I'd not heard of but was also great). For the encore, Eric Clapton came on and they did Zeppelin's Rock and Roll (with Jimmy Page in the audience). I think at this point I may have passed out!:p

s.

Whoosh! Yeah, good comparison!

I've got all the Secret Chiefs albums; if you like this one I think I can safely recommend their most recent two: Book M and Book of Horizons. There's a sort of Best of (called Path of Most Resistance) but I think I'd go for the actual albums meself. :)

On the bluesy guitar front I happened to put the TV on the other night (a rather obscure BBC channel called BBC4) and caught a recent Jeff Beck concert.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

FANTASTIC!!! I think it was from Ronnie Scott's club. He had Joss Stone on for one song and also Imogen Heap (who I'd not heard of but was also great). For the encore, Eric Clapton came on and they did Zeppelin's Rock and Roll (with Jimmy Page in the audience). I think at this point I may have passed out!:p

s.

My son and I saw Jeff Beck open for Stevie Ray Vaughan in Mpls
where SRV started his last tour. Unbelievable! I would gladly have gone just to see Jeff Beck. A true innovator and genius on the guitar. I'll tell you about SRV later. We are definitely on the same
music page. :cool:

Here's a John McLaughlin Mahavishnu favorite. The group freaked out my friends, so I listened to them alone in the 70's.

Mahavishnu Orchestra ? Birds of Fire ? Listen free at Last.fm

My son and I saw Jeff Beck open for Stevie Ray Vaughan in Mpls

You lucky people. :)

A true innovator and genius on the guitar.
Certainly. One of a very few I think. I do think his albums have not reflected his genius though; I can't put my finger on why...

I'll tell you about SRV later.
I should have seen him but he'd fallen off stage on a previous night and the rest of the tour was cancelled. Still enjoy his albums.

We are definitely on the same
music page. :cool:
I don't know about you but I seem to read from a pretty eclectic selection of pages these days. F'rinstance, just getting into some ambient stuff (about 30 years after it was born, courtesy of Brian Eno). :rolleyes:

Here's a John McLaughlin Mahavishnu favorite. The group freaked out my friends, so I listened to them alone in the 70's.
Listening to this as I type. Cracking!!!!

Reminds me: have you got the first Cobham album? Still a classic!!! Ah, Tommy Bolin....

s.

You lucky people. :)

Certainly. One of a very few I think. I do think his albums have not reflected his genius though; I can't put my finger on why...

I should have seen him but he'd fallen off stage on a previous night and the rest of the tour was cancelled. Still enjoy his albums.

I don't know about you but I seem to read from a pretty eclectic selection of pages these days. F'rinstance, just getting into some ambient stuff (about 30 years after it was born, courtesy of Brian Eno). :rolleyes:

Listening to this as I type. Cracking!!!!

Reminds me: have you got the first Cobham album? Still a classic!!! Ah, Tommy Bolin....

s.

Billy was drumming for Carlos Santana when I saw them in I think 1973. I saw Carlos 3 times in the 70's, so I'm not remembering which concert was which. I don't have Billy's 1st album, but I'll get it on your recommendation. dm

Back