What music are you listening to?

A few songs that take me back to the high school days... keg parties, not a care in the world... the magic of mutual attraction.... seems like a dream now. In fact I go back to those times in my dreams and did so just last night. Longing for those days. These songs/videos take me straight back there.

The 1st one is the best, but no video. The break down at 3:50 almost brings a tear, and I don't know why. Some memory tries to surface but can't.

[youtube]yNRCo6TkU70[/youtube]

[youtube]98WtmW-lfeE[/youtube]

[youtube]iDN08Ia7CNI[/youtube]

Another one of my all-time favorites ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdYWuo9OFAw

"And I don't want the world to see me 'Cause I don't think that they'd understand ... When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am ... "

Ahh ... the lyrics pierce me ...
Iris was all OVER the radio back in the day. Smash hit for sure. To me it had that Irish twist to it that just ain't my thing. I like the Goo Goo Dolls though. They have a substantial portfolio.

Speaking of "Iris." Remember this little gem? Hey I have an idea, we could play that word association game where every post has to have a close relation to the words of the last post, except do it in music video artists/titles.

So in response to your Goo Goo Dolls - Iris , I submit this one.

[youtube]YH5Arbm47IQ[/youtube]

Iris was all OVER the radio back in the day. Smash hit for sure. To me it had that Irish twist to it that just ain't my thing. I like the Goo Goo Dolls though. They have a substantial portfolio.
Whaaat? Iris ain't your thing?

Irish twist? I never thought of that, well, maybe just a little, now that you mentioned it... But what's wrong with an Irish twist? I know you cried over Amazing Grace I posted, especially the mid bagpipe part! (gotta have the bagpipe!) Oooh, don't you bother try denying ... I know you did. ;)

All my friends love Iris!!.. well, ok ... all my girlfriends ... All my girlfriends admit that they cried over the movie "City of Angels".

... All my male friends deny that they cried over the movie ... Et tu, Frosty ... ?

~~~~~

I'll play your game on the other thread ...

That is so cool!! ... the heavy metal cellists ... !!

Then you may know these guys too ...

[youtube]Mx0xCI1jaUM[/youtube]

[youtube]3V7EugoweM4[/youtube]

After Ever After 2 by Jon Cozart (Paint)

I won't post a link to the video because, although it's kind of amusing in a slightly twisted way, it can be considered a tad "offensive" (especially Mulan's "happily ever after".) It's also quite political.

If anybody's interested in watching the video or the first of the series, they're up on YouTube. They'll make you rethink the endings of the Disney "Princess" movies.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

All my friends love Iris!!.. well, ok ... all my girlfriends ... All my girlfriends admit that they cried over the movie "City of Angels".

... All my male friends deny that they cried over the movie ... Et tu, Frosty ... ?
I don't know about City of Angels, but after watching Wings of Desire, I don't remember if I cried, but if anyone asks me if I ever had a 'pin-up', I say Bruno Ganz!

I don't know about City of Angels, but after watching Wings of Desire, I don't remember if I cried, ...
This is the only clip I could find on YouTube of the scene where I cried ...
[don't mind the subtitles, unless of course you can read Arabic!]

The angel, Seth (Nicholas Cage) gives up his exalted status to become a human being just so that he can be with Maggie (Meg Ryan). An accident happens just one night after they were finally together ...

[youtube]rtW18I6m1vo[/youtube]

... didn't cry? ... ok, tough guy, then how about this ...

[youtube]coGs9M_vXeM[/youtube]

Now listen to Iris ... (with the volume all the way up!)

[youtube]5u30d6GKkk8[/youtube]

... Oooh it's ok ... don't say anything ... here you go ... *handkerchief*

but if anyone asks me if I ever had a 'pin-up', I say Bruno Ganz!
You know what, I haven't watched Wings of Desire... (City of Angels is a loose remake of it, isn't it?) Goodness, it has a 98% score on Rotten Tomatoes! I shall watch it sometime soon!

[ just FYI ... No, I never had a pin-up of Nicholas Cage ... ]

~ I don't remember if I cried ...

It now just occurred to me ...

Is this men's code for "Yes, I did ... but I'm not gonna tell you!" ?? :D

You know what, I haven't watched Wings of Desire... (City of Angels is a loose remake of it, isn't it?) Goodness, it has a 98% score on Rotten Tomatoes! I shall watch it sometime soon!
Popcorn, and lots of coffee! It's three hours, and way slower than CoA.

I didn't cry at those scenes (forewarned is forearmed) but that's not to say I don't cry ... It's just sometimes I get something in my eye ...

Just found a beautiful clip ... although the song isn't from this film, someone did a superb job putting it together ...

[youtube]ev5byDGADKs[/youtube]

Great video. The acting and dialogue in the movie "Wings of Desire" is absolutely stunning.

I found this little thought provoking treasure last night and am listening to it again tonight.

[youtube]68UPqsVhQAg[/youtube]

Back