What music are you listening to?

I'm rocking out to Zeppelin at the moment and since they're doing construction in my neighborhood, I have to turn the volume way up to hear the music over the backhoes. There are worse things in life.

I'm rocking out to Zeppelin at the moment and since they're doing construction in my neighborhood, I have to turn the volume way up to hear the music over the backhoes. There are worse things in life.
I never much got into Zeppelin. Steppenwolf and Procal Harum are more to my liking.

Not english, but a great mesh of Turkish pop rock and metallica-esque sounds

i'm listening to a band called Wo Fat right now. a trio out of Texas that plays, well, "killer blues" is what they call it. i just call it fantastic :)

metta,

~v

I never paid any attention to a Christian band in my youth. And I thought I graduated from heavy metal when I graduated from high school. But now I'm digging them.

i enjoyed Stryper when i was a youth :)

Yeah? My wife said she was a big fan back then too. I heard that, being a Christian band in metal/hard rock industry, they were at first scorned by both sides, both by the religious and nonreligious, for obviously different reasons. I commend their courage for not conforming to either side and being true to themselves.

This Michael Sweet interview (given after he went solo) surprised me at how humble and devout he is.

Hey Edgy, I enjoyed the video you posted. Great vocalists!
Their costumes are a bit creepy to me, but that's okay :D
If you like a cappella, you might enjoy this one too.

Voices in Your Head is a student-run, co-ed a cappella group from the University of Chicago. http://voicesinyourhead.org/

Hope your recovery is going well.

Thanks for the video and the well wishes. I am making good progress. It is difficult to type with thumbs or even both hands but it is coming. Yep, to the chagrin of several I do expect to be back ;) .... Thanks again Lux - have a great day - Edgy

Another fine a cappella group. I'm not particularly a country music fan, but these guys are great. The group competed in and won the fourth season of The Sing-Off on NBC in 2013.

Home Free - The Sing Off - Season 4 All Performances

I'll Be Home For Christmas
My most sincere thanks to the men and women in uniform away from home safeguarding our lives and freedom.

Everyone, have a joyful and peaceful holiday season ... Don't get into arguments with your relatives over petty stuff, like politics and religion :D (That's what my wife tells me every year! ... "Honey, can you please just smile and let it go, so we can all enjoy the dinner!")

Celebrate Me Home by Kenny Logins, Silent Night by Stevie Nicks and several videos by Straight No Chaser (I participated in a virtual holiday party yesterday/today.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

There is a program about the Christmas truce of 1914 on Humankind, the "impromptu" truce that happened early on in World War I. It seems that those who were "in the trenches" were the sanest people involved.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back