What music are you listening to?

RJM and Muhammed, thank you so much for your kindness and understanding, and also for putting up with me. I don't want to spam up this thread too much now, as others might have things they want to post here, so I'm going to take just a little break (not going anywhere though).

You know I walked like that guy this morning, with that stride somewhere between swagger and humility, and I swear it felt good. :) No, I didn't run into anyone, I was alone on a walking trail just before daylight.

I like that song. I had always thought it was Blur

Last edited:
I like that song. I had always thought it was Blur

Don't know them, but definitely worth taking a look. As soon as my heart comes back down from my throat, that is, and my mind starts working right again. :)

One of Leonard Cohen's most covered songs (he also recorded it at least once):

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Oh, dear. As stunning this evening as the ten or so times I listened to it this morning before work. I have trouble even typing your name, but thank you. :)

Peter Allen Greenbaum (Peter Green) was the founder of Fleetwood Mac.
Exceptional guitarist that is evident from "Man of the World" .. outstanding!

Incidentally, he passed away last year. I think he's remembered by many of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah – my 'Fleetwood Mac' is the Peter Green era.

I remember watching them perform Albatross on a Saturday night TV show – no dancers, no dancing, no nonsense, just superb musicians ...

This song reminds me of when I was living in Dublin.
There were many Muslims from North Africa.
Many brothers from Libya have native Irish wives.

Carol Joan Klein (Carole King) is Jewish like Peter green.
I have noticed how many talented musicians / songwriters are Jewish.
I've always loved Music. Music & Maths :)

This next track is by "the little known band" Led Zepplin. The theme is one from JRR Tolkien's 'Lord of the Rings'.
Tolkien lived in Worcestershire UK, and his fiction can be seen to mirror that of the landscape
of western England and Wales.
220px-Welsh_Dragon_%28Y_Ddraig_Goch%29.svg.png

The song was written when the band were staying in Wales. It's called "The Battle of Evermore".

"The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath"

Last edited:
Reactions: RJM
An old Tom Lehrer parody:

It could get a tad confusing in the last verse, even for those who are native English speakers (just a forewarning.)

This just came on the radio:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hate to cover up such a beautiful song as the preceding, but...

Back