What music are you listening to?

Difficult to enjoy Indian classical music with hearing aid, one looses all the minute inflections, vocal as well as instrumental. And at one time I prided myself as a very discerning listener.
A very famous singer, Alka Yagnik, also has lost her hearing (suddenly) at the age of 57. Such a tragedy for a singer.

images
That is the marriage photograph from 1989.
What would be worse imho is if she loses/lost her ability to sing for the same reason that Linda Ronstadt lost her ability (Parkinson's Disease, which caused her to be unable to regulate her breathing) or if she gets throat or lung cancer..

I'm not dismissing your problems with hearing/listening to music, but I'm looking at the "big picture"...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

What would be worse imho is if she loses/lost her ability to sing for the same reason that Linda Ronstadt lost her ability (Parkinson's Disease, which caused her to be unable to regulate her breathing) or if she gets throat or lung cancer.
If she cannot listen to her voice, then it will be difficult to practice or sing as well. Indian music is a very hard task master. I hope some new electronic device will help her. She is not among India's bests.

Originally done by the Brecker Brothers, covered by Leonid&Friends (there have been a couple of changes in the members of Leonid&Friends due to "sh!t" over there):

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Eva died nearly 30 years ago @33 years old, local friend, never got a record deal, and after her death half a dozen CDs some of which made the charts...this one came up today.

The singer here might be more familiar through his performance of One Night in Bangck from Chess

Yep, Murray Head performed Say It Ain't So, Joe (it was posted on my LiveJournal feed...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back