What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Smokin Aces...if you like shootem ups and ensemble casts and multiple story lines culminating and building to a crescendo like an orchestra but without the conductor...you'll like this movie. Oh and there is quite a bit of "huh?" in it as well.

pfw said:
For inspiration can I suggest you watch the 'Spanish Inquisition' episode of Moty Python? ('We have the comfy chair')

Hmmm...yes. Perhaps you should expect the unexpected. :D

InPeace,
InLove

Stop it, flow! Just stop it. Where's my fan? :)

On a less (whew, it's warm in here!) fantastical note, have you seen Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) lately? Wow.

Some pics and a little info--I knew she was a singer and dancer as well as an actress, but I didn't realize her ongoing interest in space travel. But it would make sense.

STARTREK.COM : Biography

I noticed on the site that the spelling of the character's name is actually like I have typed it above. I thought it was "Ahura". Actually, I think that was the spelling I found on another S.T. site (can't find it at the moment). Anyway, spelled with an "A", the name can actually be associated with Zoroastrian mythology. Hmmm....

Yep--guess I really am a trekkie at heart. :)

InPeace,
InLove,
Knee-deep in Tribbles (sp?)

"Nyota Uhura" is Swahili for Morning Star...and that was the name of the Communications officer. That was the creativity and subtlety of Gene Rodenberry...:D

"Nyota Uhura" is Swahili for Morning Star...and that was the name of the Communications officer. That was the creativity and subtlety of Gene Rodenberry...:D

Wouldn't that be "Freedom Star" literally translated?

Loved the show. Sometimes I'd fake being sick to stay home from church to watch it.:rolleyes: Spock was my hero because he was so logical.

The movie I saw most recently was "The Departed". My wife wanted to see it so we rented it. Very intertaining despite the violence and I thought Nicholson was great!

The in-class double-feature tonight was Carved In Silence (about Chinese immigration and exclusionistic practices) and Before Stonewall (about the queer "community" and their fight for civil rights before the infamous riot.)

Some of both was sad, some was rather dull (what do you expect from schoolwork? :rolleyes:)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Loved the show. Sometimes I'd fake being sick to stay home from church to watch it.:rolleyes: Spock was my hero because he was so logical.

The movie I saw most recently was "The Departed". My wife wanted to see it so we rented it. Very intertaining despite the violence and I thought Nicholson was great!

He, heh...I splurged and got every episode and every movie, and every novel on Star Trek (books up until 2001, when they started getting really weird).

I even wrote a story and tried to get it published...(no name, no go, catch 22), but that was back in 1985.

New ST movie will have Shatner, Picard and Archer, in an alternate universe...should prove interesting.

v/r

Joshua

He, heh...I splurged and got every episode and every movie, and every novel on Star Trek (books up until 2001, when they started getting really weird).

I even wrote a story and tried to get it published...(no name, no go, catch 22), but that was back in 1985.

New ST movie will have Shatner, Picard and Archer, in an alternate universe...should prove interesting.

v/r

Joshua

So who's your favorite character?

The new movie sounds really interesting! I hope Shatner kicks their...nevermind.:D

And I didn't know that you are a writer, too! What a great way to stretch your mind. I've only done some shorts and poetry.

Regards,
Mark

So who's your favorite character?

The new movie sounds really interesting! I hope Shatner kicks their...nevermind.:D

And I didn't know that you are a writer, too! What a great way to stretch your mind. I've only done some shorts and poetry.

Regards,
Mark

...uh, the captain... I know I know, "Josh you're a smart ass" :rolleyes: ;)

A Cruel Romance, a Russian movie based on an old story (or was it a play? *shrug*) about an idealistic woman (read: dreamer) without a dowery (sp?) and her "practical" mother. It's a bit strange how things haven't changed much in over 100 years. Alas, 'tis a bit dull.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back