Is Islam actually peaceful?

----------------

The problem is not for Muslims to march on the streets and condemn the lunatics, because they have done and they do that all the time in New York, Chicago, London, etc.. They write to newspapers and speak on TV etc.. etc.. and it will really never be enough. As for those who condone horrible acts of murders of women in the Middle East, I am not sure what is that relating to? the person who spoke in a conference..!!?? There will always be people with crazy ideas. For example, if a Christian or a Jew advocates killing of their own children or brothers or sisters if the leave their religion on the authority of Deut 13:9 then they would be also crazy.
true I agree with you completely.

It seems to me that tribalism is endemic to human nature, it's not religion that is bad or the cause of ill, it's what man brings to the religion.

If anyone had a chance to watch the video, please let me know what you thought. Thank you.

Ya did well, good interfaith discussion... I'll be we all wish the recording was better... It seems many didn't get the answers they were looking for. Some wanted to incite more differences than discussion...

Always tricky in conversation, when some are bent on conversion.

Ya did well, good interfaith discussion... I'll be we all wish the recording was better... It seems many didn't get the answers they were looking for. Some wanted to incite more differences than discussion...

Always tricky in conversation, when some are bent on conversion.

----------------------------
Hey thanks for the feedback. Very true, many questions that I did not hand over to the Pastor as they seemed meant to embarrass rather than to enquire.

Just look at Jordan! The large portion of the people of Jordan want out of the US coalition. (they actually think THEY can appease ISIL...) This fiasco came about when the Jordanian pilot was captured. The majority of the people of Jordan are not violent per se,(despite the ~1500 who rise in the ranks of ISIL) but they refuse to "take out the garbage". This refusal to act and expect the US to act and we the taxpayers carry the burden pisses me off! This also reflect on the religion in some ways. They just turn the blind eye to evil.

Turning the blind eye to evil is hardly a religious issue, however. It tends to be a trait of humans everywhere.

I agree with you though that too many countries hate America but love our money. This country has beggared itself, and more importantly its citizens, by trying to run the world. How long does it take to figure out that a bad investment will always be a losing proposition?

It seems to me that tribalism is endemic to human nature, it's not religion that is bad or the cause of ill, it's what man brings to the religion.
guns don't kill people...people kill people...

Just look at Jordan! The large portion of the people of Jordan want out of the US coalition. (they actually think THEY can appease ISIL...) This fiasco came about when the Jordanian pilot was captured. The majority of the people of Jordan are not violent per se,(despite the ~1500 who rise in the ranks of ISIL) but they refuse to "take out the garbage". This refusal to act and expect the US to act and we the taxpayers carry the burden pisses me off! This also reflect on the religion in some ways. They just turn the blind eye to evil.
my enemies' enemy is my friend... basis of US foreign policy
Turning the blind eye to evil is hardly a religious issue, however. It tends to be a trait of humans everywhere.

I agree with you though that too many countries hate America but love our money. This country has beggared itself, and more importantly its citizens, by trying to run the world. How long does it take to figure out that a bad investment will always be a losing proposition?
the greenback is has been our way of manifest destiny for the past hundred years...

Big post lost again...

Jordan is hoping to follow suit as Turkey who agreed to no agression in return for 40+ hostages and no agression to them. So far it has held, even with the initial Kurdish help. ISIS (or whatever the media is calling them now) wants Muslim countries turning a blind eye to their pseudo Muslim doings.

And I agree about not financially supporting those whose govt/citizenry is opposing us or our views or actively attacking our personel. This includes Middle East (several Muslim countries and Israel), Africa, South America, East Europe, and some places in Asia. (And Canada until they take back Beiber)

And I agree about not financially supporting those whose govt/citizenry is opposing us or our views or actively attacking our personel. This includes Middle East (several Muslim countries and Israel), Africa, South America, East Europe, and some places in Asia. (And Canada until they take back Beiber)

Who is us?

In that case I disagree....

Our views and ideals are no more the solution to problems than saying "My G!d is better than yours" or "my beliefs are better than yours"

This freakin notion of pre-emptive war and being an occupying force taking out leaders of a sovereign foreign country is ludicrous...

Sending our troops over there is ASKING for them to be killed and maimed. What would we do if some holier than thou nation decided to create a coalition of states to attack US? The virtual self aggrandized oppressors of the world? Would we not attack them?

We constantly foist our stupidity on others...and if I 'figure you out' correctly you support that?

In that case I disagree....

Our views and ideals are no more the solution to problems than saying "My G!d is better than yours" or "my beliefs are better than yours"

This freakin notion of pre-emptive war and being an occupying force taking out leaders of a sovereign foreign country is ludicrous...

Sending our troops over there is ASKING for them to be killed and maimed. What would we do if some holier than thou nation decided to create a coalition of states to attack US? The virtual self aggrandized oppressors of the world? Would we not attack them?

We constantly foist our stupidity on others...and if I 'figure you out' correctly you support that?
Wil, I'm wondering if you read anything what I quoted or what I wrote. Where did I support attacking? I really think most of the time you are trying to find aggressiveness where there is none.

My simple point was to stop sending AID to countries who turn around and whine, gripe, instigate us into wars, and some even attack us. These countries we give BILLIONS of taxpayer dollars only to be rewarded with a "how much more" or giving the money to other people who attack us later.

I cannot blame the 'insurgents' or 'terrorists' that openly protect their country with IUDs etc from their attackers...US.

When we enter into illegal wars and attack others we should expect to take our lumps for it.

It is a shame our young men get sent to do our dirty work around the world.

The violence we inflict upon them will come back to bite us....this is not self defense on our part....it IS self defense on their part.

They just turn the blind eye to evil.
So wil,
You disagree that turning a blind eye is wrong?

To a point I would agree. It isn't our fight. In the same, It isn't Jordan's fight either though. So should we just sit to the side while ISIS goes on a killing spree? How about after they killed US citizens and published the video of the execution publicly? When does it become Jodan's fight? When does it become US's fight? When are we guilty of "turning a blind eye"?

But in all that moral dilemma, I never stated soldiers. How about Israeli government condemning US for "waiting too long before GIVING them weapons in its Gaza war?" How about the nonstop accusations of US anti-Semitism.

Or the billions we send to West Africa that wind up in militants hands who actively seek out its opposition to slaughter. Or Yemen where 60% of all US aid goes directly to Al-Queda who (unless you've forgotten already) attacked us. Same can be said with Pakistan and Afghanistan. Do I think e should be helping the people who we ravaged? Absolutely. We should be sending food, water, contruction equipment, etc. Do you want to sign up to drive the trucks if we have no military there? No security? Is the US right by having Soldiers there? Maybe not. Are they a security necessity? yes. Are the locals in love with the idea all the time? NO. There are 100s of angles to look at every situation. Pacifism and isolationism usually just put nations behind.

Giving Israel weapons or money to keep palestinians under thumb? Nope. not in favor...

Isolationist? Nope. But we can't get involved in every dispute of our own accord...

Going after Kone in Africa...we should...

I look at the areas where we focus our special interests and how many soldiers and bases we have around the world....unless we are going to take it over...I wonder why?

And I agree about not financially supporting those whose govt/citizenry is opposing us or our views or actively attacking our personel. This includes Middle East (several Muslim countries and Israel), Africa, South America, East Europe, and some places in Asia. (And Canada until they take back Beiber). BigJoe

Wil, I am with Joe on this one. Your tirade following the above paragraph has absolutely NO foundation to what Joe wrote! In fact you managed to get the exact opposite out of what he wrote. You have explained that there is no thought behind what your fingers type, and I can see where you end up with some silly posts. But really you need to at least try and understand what someone said before going off on them when you agree with what they said!

P.S. Oh yes. And I agree. No more aid to Canada until they take the Beaver back!!!

I am simply saying that they attack us because we shouldn't be there. I can't blame them for that.
So if 1 side is oppressed by another, begging for help. The oppressed side is subjected to required rape sessions, men are killed daily as target practice. Children are killed or taken from the mothers. But the other side (a majority of the country) wants the US out of it. It is their country... We should sit out? Just let them have their ways. It's not our fight.

BTW this happens in several countries every day. These countries do not have rss to offer. So out of all the questions, just 1 I would like your answer. Should we go to help knowing there is no benefit to come back to us? If we do, the majority would start fighting us for invading.

Back