What is the future of Islam?

ISFP said:
i believe that the number of Muslim converts will continue to grow, especially among women, as thi is the current trend in many places.

i also feel that, gradually, Islam will becoem more flexible in its Quranic interpretation and that the status of women in social and spiritual life will become more of an issue to be addressed.

i'm remembering that Muslim woman who lead men and women in prayer in the UK and how huge that was. i wonder if similar things will happen more and more.

Some of the worst rants I have heard against Muslims have come from Idndian people

ISFP said:
what does that have to do with anything? could you ellaborate, please?

This is causing segregation and it is sad to see how faith is having a bad affect n faith if you get me. One would assume a westener feels hatred to a muslim, this I have seen isnt the case it is often other Easteners including Indians and Bangladeshies.....this is showing a growing trend of segregation

There's a lot of very nasty inter-faith violence in India between Hindus and Muslims, so it wouldn't surprise at animosity in regard to that arena.

haven't seen any Islamic leaders trying to fight against the people who fight in the name of Islam...the people who effectively want the west and East to fight....What they should be aware of is if say they were to use nuclear or something of equivilance on the West then you can bet your bottom dollar that the West will retaliate with devastating consequences and the odds of Nuclear bombings in Medina and Mecca I know will be increased it has been discussed in many Eastern faith forum sites. There wish for such a war granted...they should realise that the East would not win against the West!!

Hi 4peace,

4peace said:
There wish for such a war granted...they should realise that the East would not win against the West!!

Ha! I find this statement extremely arrogant and presumptious... America with all its advanced weapons is not able to win the war in Iraq. It did not win in Vietnam. It has not been able to find Osama bin Laden. The so called "war against terror" is going to increase terrorist attacks in the west. You cannot buy peace with war.

Sadly, your nickname does not go with the statements you make.

I am free said:
Hi 4peace,

Ha! I find this statement extremely arrogant and presumptious... America with all its advanced weapons is not able to win the war in Iraq. It did not win in Vietnam. It has not been able to find Osama bin Laden. The so called "war against terror" is going to increase terrorist attacks in the west. You cannot buy peace with war.

I can not see peace really ever coming about.....some can, however, I feel that it will not

I am free said:

Unfortunately you aren't looking at the whole picture either. The only thing holding America back, is America. If we had the mentality of the Roman Empire 2000 years ago, there wouldn't be a foundation stone left unturned. America has held back. Lot's of praying going on in America (not a very arrogant position to be I should think, when on one's knees asking for guidance).

There is nothing arrogant in power. Arrogance is a state of mind. That is something America has been struggling with not to become. And the nation is split over it.

One can't "buy" peace at all. It isn't a commodity for sale.

One thing I'd like to point out. As long as a person holds another person's life in value, every effort will usually be made to preserve and protect that life. Once that life is considered to be of no value...who knows what could happen?

Things to consider.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Unfortunately you aren't looking at the whole picture either. The only thing holding America back, is America. If we had the mentality of the Roman Empire 2000 years ago, there wouldn't be a foundation stone left unturned. America has held back. Lot's of praying going on in America (not a very arrogant position to be I should think, when on one's knees asking for guidance).

There is nothing arrogant in power. Arrogance is a state of mind. That is something America has been struggling with not to become. And the nation is split over it.

I think you misunderstood me. I was referring to the statement "East would not win over the west" as arrogant. I did not in my post refer to America as arrogant.

If you compare the Roman empire 2000 years ago to today's US, you're probably right in feeling that America has "held back". But I would like to point out that in those days there were monarchs ruling over empires. Empires were expanded in search for greater power, glory and wealth. (Is this what modern day America is - an empire?)

Today on the other hand we have nations with elected governments (mostly atleast) and clearly recognised national boundaries. Some nations marching over other nations uprooting elected governments should not be justified I feel (atleast under most circumstances).

Just my thoughts. But anyways this is a topic for a seperate debate and I am not a very knowledgable person in the matters of nations and politics.

Regards,
R

Re: The future of Islam might be a short one.

Quahom1 said:
Islam - definition. To submit (not peace). Inference according to the Qu'ran: Submit to our way or die. Islam (and the Arab Islamic world) will not be destroyed by the Western World. For the west is very tolerant, almost to the point of cowardice (almost).

My two cents.

The word Islam is derived from the Arabic root salam and assalama. It means Peace and submission. The idea is that if you submit your will to God Almighty you will find peace and tranquility. This is the correct definition. Of course you don't know this because you haven't the slightest knowledge of Arabic.
Submit to our way or die is the inference according to the Qur'an??? Where the hell did you get this idea? This is a blatant perversion of Islam and our holy book the Qur'an. The Qur'an clearly states UNEQUIVOCALLY .. LA HAIQRAA' FIDDEEN.. THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION... How did you come about to such a rash conclusion? do you just throw words without first thinking? The Arab Islamic world will not be destroyed by America? Obviously not....not even America has the strength to crush the entire Arab world. What do you mean for the west is very tolerant, almost to the point of cowardice??? lol do you even understand what you're saying mate? I'm sure their decision to attack Afghanistan and Iraq which wasn't sanctioned by the UN is a sign of their cowardice....riiight. For the west is very tolerant. Tolerant is subjective...in what way are they tolerant? do you recall the days of Martin Luther? the Ku Klux Clan? is that tolerance? I hope you will refrain from attacking Islam or I will be forced to retaliate. I warn you, if I retaliate it wouldn't be pretty for your religion Christianity. Not physically of course, but, rather intellectually. Wassalam

Assalamu'alaikum,
Alhamdulillah, I am glad to say that the future of Islam is positive :). In France for example, Islam stands as the fastest and most popular religion. Statistically by year 2050, Islam will outnumber its counterpart Christianity. Even today, the number of practising Muslims are more than that of Christianity. Insha-Allah, all will be well.

Aidyl Nurhadi said:
The word Islam is derived from the Arabic root salam and assalama. It means Peace and submission. The idea is that if you submit your will to God Almighty you will find peace and tranquility. This is the correct definition. Of course you don't know this because you haven't the slightest knowledge of Arabic.
Submit to our way or die is the inference according to the Qur'an??? Where the hell did you get this idea? This is a blatant perversion of Islam and our holy book the Qur'an. The Qur'an clearly states UNEQUIVOCALLY .. LA HAIQRAA' FIDDEEN.. THERE IS NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION... How did you come about to such a rash conclusion? do you just throw words without first thinking? The Arab Islamic world will not be destroyed by America? Obviously not....not even America has the strength to crush the entire Arab world. What do you mean for the west is very tolerant, almost to the point of cowardice??? lol do you even understand what you're saying mate? I'm sure their decision to attack Afghanistan and Iraq which wasn't sanctioned by the UN is a sign of their cowardice....riiight. For the west is very tolerant. Tolerant is subjective...in what way are they tolerant? do you recall the days of Martin Luther? the Ku Klux Clan? is that tolerance? I hope you will refrain from attacking Islam or I will be forced to retaliate. I warn you, if I retaliate it wouldn't be pretty for your religion Christianity. Not physically of course, but, rather intellectually. Wassalam

Ahlaan,

Do you know me? Do you know what I know? Do you propose to dictate what I know and what I don't? That is not wise thinking. ;)

I was raised 20 years in Dearborn, Michigan, and I learned many, many things about Islam (the hard way). Like a street urchin, I picked up many things...

peace be unto you and yours...

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Ahlaan,

Do you know me? Do you know what I know? Do you propose to dictate what I know and what I don't? That is not wise thinking. ;)

I was raised 20 years in Dearborn, Michigan, and I learned many, many things about Islam (the hard way). Like a street urchin, I picked up many things...

peace be unto you and yours...

v/r

Q

Salam,
Lol obviously I don't know you personally, if that's what you mean. But I do know enough about you to be able to see through you. The very fact that you made as silly a statement as "those who do not submit to Islam must be killed" by Muslims according to the Qur'an shows how much you know about it. Basically, it comes next to nothing. I am trying to dictate your thinking mate. However did ya come to such a conclusion? I'm merely trying to educate you...and you said that the word Islam does not mean peace when in actuality the proper and correct definition of the word does include peace, apart from submission as I have already explained. Had you known Arabic my friend, you wouldn't make such a mistake. Then again, perhaps you would. If you're like that Dr. Ali Sina of course. But I'm sure you're nothing like him :), I hope. Wassalamu'alaikum and Pax Vobiscum.

Aidyl Nurhadi said:
Salam,
Lol obviously I don't know you personally, if that's what you mean. But I do know enough about you to be able to see through you. The very fact that you made as silly a statement as "those who do not submit to Islam must be killed" by Muslims according to the Qur'an shows how much you know about it. Basically, it comes next to nothing. I am trying to dictate your thinking mate. However did ya come to such a conclusion? I'm merely trying to educate you...and you said that the word Islam does not mean peace when in actuality the proper and correct definition of the word does include peace, apart from submission as I have already explained. Had you known Arabic my friend, you wouldn't make such a mistake. Then again, perhaps you would. If you're like that Dr. Ali Sina of course. But I'm sure you're nothing like him :), I hope. Wassalamu'alaikum and Pax Vobiscum.

Then I ask you. Why is the gentleman from Afghanistan subject to fleeing the country and seeking asylum in Italy or America, all because he chose to convert to another faith (in this case, Christianity)? Why, when the courts decided to drop their case against him, the clerics called for his execution?

You are correct. Obviously I do not understand, or I missed something significant here.

Why, is it that a friend of mine since childhood, who was born and raised in America, and who fell in love with a Catholic boy and decided to convert to Christianity prior to marriage to him, was dis-owned by her father? And why did she have to be as equally shrewd and harsh, and ban her father from seeing his grandsons, until he saw reason, and accepted her back as his daughter?

Why did the neighbor across the street from my parents damn near kill their daughter for dating an American? (the sons were arrested and charged and convicted of aggrevated assault) Why did the people across town have their sons kill their daughter, for "bringing disgrace to the family", because she refused to marry the man the family chose for her?

Why can't I walk down my old neighborhood (where my parents live), in uniform, without getting pelted with eggs by the youth who are being raised in the United states?

Arab-Americans have been part of my old neighborhood since the early sixties, and we never had the kind of confrontations that are occuring almost daily in my home town today.

These are not poor people, not by a long shot. They own some of the biggest homes, drive the fanciest cars, they are not hurting for money, yet some young punk is screaming at me to get out of here and go home...telling me that "I" am the cause for all their grief...what grief? They are rich kids! They've never set foot in the old country, most of them.

This is my home..."not anymore" one said, before sticking a knife in my tire.

The absolute hatred these young people have is palpable...it come at one in waves.

No, you don't know me. I've become a stranger in my own hometown...

Multi-million dollar highschools, with Arabic graffetii on the outer brick walls. Watching the local baker spit in the dough for the bread a non Arab is about to buy. Graffetii on the local churches (but God help anyone who dares do such a thing to a mosque in town).

Peace? Islam is a peaceful religion? Ok...show me. :eek: I truly want to see where I am wrong. You see it isn't something I read, so assumed. No, my friend it is something I've lived. Wasn't so 30 years ago, but today, it is prevelant.

The young are out of control and in a rage, and the old are afraid to stand up to them. Non Arabs do stand up, and are labeled predjudice, and Arab haters.

No, just pissed off. I do not like sugar dumped in my gas tank for starters, nor do I like my windshield shattered by a baseball bat. I do not care for my parents being harrassed when they have lived in the same neighborhood for 44 years. And I do not care to take on five teens at once who are going to show the military f**k, that he can't come on the block I was raised on, well before they were a gleam in daddy's eye.

Am I as ignorant as you first thought? :eek:

Your call.

v/r

Q

Aidyl Nurhadi said:
Assalamu'alaikum,
Alhamdulillah, I am glad to say that the future of Islam is positive :). In France for example, Islam stands as the fastest and most popular religion. Statistically by year 2050, Islam will outnumber its counterpart Christianity. Even today, the number of practising Muslims are more than that of Christianity. Insha-Allah, all will be well.

In France they are rioting in the streets as we read this. Germany is up in alarm, Spain has given in over a couple of well placed bombs. England has been bombed twice. Belgium has been attacked from within.

So much for peaceful Islam...or, could it be a specific group or groups that is giving Islam a black eye? If so, how do you propose to stop them from ruining Islam's good name? That I would be very interested in.

v/r

Q

Quahom1 said:
Then I ask you. Why is the gentleman from Afghanistan subject to fleeing the country and seeking asylum in Italy or America, all because he chose to convert to another faith (in this case, Christianity)? Why, when the courts decided to drop their case against him, the clerics called for his execution?

You are correct. Obviously I do not understand, or I missed something significant here.

Why, is it that a friend of mine since childhood, who was born and raised in America, and who fell in love with a Catholic boy and decided to convert to Christianity prior to marriage to him, was dis-owned by her father? And why did she have to be as equally shrewd and harsh, and ban her father from seeing his grandsons, until he saw reason, and accepted her back as his daughter?

Why did the neighbor across the street from my parents damn near kill their daughter for dating an American? (the sons were arrested and charged and convicted of aggrevated assault) Why did the people across town have their sons kill their daughter, for "bringing disgrace to the family", because she refused to marry the man the family chose for her?

Why can't I walk down my old neighborhood (where my parents live), in uniform, without getting pelted with eggs by the youth who are being raised in the United states?

Arab-Americans have been part of my old neighborhood since the early sixties, and we never had the kind of confrontations that are occuring almost daily in my home town today.

These are not poor people, not by a long shot. They own some of the biggest homes, drive the fanciest cars, they are not hurting for money, yet some young punk is screaming at me to get out of here and go home...telling me that "I" am the cause for all their grief...what grief? They are rich kids! They've never set foot in the old country, most of them.

This is my home..."not anymore" one said, before sticking a knife in my tire.

The absolute hatred these young people have is palpable...it come at one in waves.

No, you don't know me. I've become a stranger in my own hometown...

Multi-million dollar highschools, with Arabic graffetii on the outer brick walls. Watching the local baker spit in the dough for the bread a non Arab is about to buy. Graffetii on the local churches (but God help anyone who dares do such a thing to a mosque in town).

Peace? Islam is a peaceful religion? Ok...show me. :eek: I truly want to see where I am wrong. You see it isn't something I read, so assumed. No, my friend it is something I've lived. Wasn't so 30 years ago, but today, it is prevelant.

The young are out of control and in a rage, and the old are afraid to stand up to them. Non Arabs do stand up, and are labeled predjudice, and Arab haters.

No, just pissed off. I do not like sugar dumped in my gas tank for starters, nor do I like my windshield shattered by a baseball bat. I do not care for my parents being harrassed when they have lived in the same neighborhood for 44 years. And I do not care to take on five teens at once who are going to show the military f**k, that he can't come on the block I was raised on, well before they were a gleam in daddy's eye.

Am I as ignorant as you first thought? :eek:

Your call.

v/r

Q

Lol yes I still believe whole heartedly that you are unbelievably ignorant and with good reasons. Number one, what you've just regailed is your own so-called personal experience.Whether they are true or false, none here can verify. In a court of law my dear sir, such tales without evidence or witnesses will be chucked into the dustbin and disregarded. If they are lies and proven so you'd be charged with purgery which may earn you some jail time. I could do the very same thing, and I caution you again, you do not want me talking about your people or your religion. Because if I start it may never end. The list of atrocities your people have committed since time immemorian is inexhaustable. But I'm not you....I don't try to fault a religion for what a fraction of its people do, that's ignorance of the highest order. As much as we have black sheep in our community, you too have them, probably worse and more. In the matter of that Abdul Rahman guy, who's converted to Christianity and his local clerics are calling for his execution...well let me ask you this, who are these clerics? what are their names? are they qualified clerics? again who are they? who are these so-called clerics? Do you know that only judges or in Arabic qadi who are qualified in matters pertaining to the Shari'ah are allowed to rule against apostates? apostasy is a very controversial issue and death is not the only feasible solution afforded for such people under the Shari'ah. Even if he is sentenced to death he is given time to rethink and recant after consulting with learned men. Islam takes its followers seriously. If someone who has accepted it freely and then rejects it later, Islam will reprimend the person and try to correct him/her for his/her own sake. If we just let them go then we're doing injustice to them for not bringing them back to the truth. If I were in Afghanistan, I would be more than willing to speak to that person and discuss with him why he has chosen Christianity above all else. And I'm sure I could bring him back to his senses, God willing. Unfortunately, I'm in Malaysia, rather far away from Afghanistan. In Christianity, the modern approach is to let anyone and everyone make their own choices and you'lll just let them go just like that. That sir, is selfishness. If you indeed believe with your heart and soul that your religion is the righbt path, one which is the only way for salvation through Jesus Christ as you would put it then you would not just turn a blind eye knowing that that person is doomed to the pits of hell. I'm sure you'll agree this world is nothing compared to the hereafter.
You've stated so many red-herrings....trying to avoid the main question. I believe the issue that I took up in reponse to your allegation that ACCORDING TO THE QUR'AN, MUSLIMS MUST KILL THOSE WHO REJECT ISLAM was that where does the Qur'an say such a thing? That was the main issue, and I asked you to produce just one evidence FROM the QUR'AN to substantiate this mighty claim of yours. I will ask you again, produce one verse from the QUR'AN which suggests to the effect. Would you like me to produce one from your Bible? I'd be very happy to :). I would just like to point out that when someone puts forth a blatant lie, all of his other statements however true they may be ought to be disregarded. Either you apologise for making such an accusation or forever I will remind you and everyone else of your dastardly lie against the Qur'an and Muslims and by God I will advertise it on my website and everywhere else possible. Wassalamu'alaikum Warahmatullah and Pax Vobiscum.

Quahom1 said:
In France they are rioting in the streets as we read this. Germany is up in alarm, Spain has given in over a couple of well placed bombs. England has been bombed twice. Belgium has been attacked from within.

So much for peaceful Islam...or, could it be a specific group or groups that is giving Islam a black eye? If so, how do you propose to stop them from ruining Islam's good name? That I would be very interested in.

v/r

Q

There are over 7 million Muslims in France. Are all these 7 million rioting in France? By God if it be so, the country would be in tremendous chaos and would declare a state of emergency. Is it anything like that? lol by the way what are they rioting about? Does it only involve Muslims? Are you sure? How sure are you? Were you there? Who says that they're 100% Muslims? My dear sir, is this how you disprove a religion?
Yes I kinow about England having been there so many times before :). But who did the bombings? Muslims? are you sure? Where's the evidence?Shortly after the incident, a policeman chased a suspected MUSLIM victim and shot him to death. After investigations were made, it was out that the man had nothing whatsoever to do with the bombings. What do you say about this? Sir these are nothing more than conjectures. But you're not all to be blamed, it's partly the media's fault. You're fed with so many things that contain half truths and half lies. You see on your telly everyday that terrible things are happening committed supposedly by Muslims, Muslims, Muslims and these people are called Islamic militants? How are they Islamic? It is because of these things that in time you get programmed with a certain mind set. And thus far, your writings suggests how badly you've been influenced by the media. Let me give you a 101 lesson about the Media. The News love to air and report on negative happenings and very rarely on positive things. After all, the saying goes no news is good news. I think it is safe to say that people would rather hear about destruction than anything good. And the media responds to this by feeding you images and stories of destruction 24/7. Sure bad things happen all the time and everywhere, there are over 7 billion people on Earth anyway. Things are bound to happen when the world is bloody jam packed. Let me give you an analogy. Say that I, Aidyl Nurhadi the grandson of veteran film makers in Malaysia and a son of a reknown businessman drives home one day SAFELY. Will that be reported in the paper in the morning? Or come out on prime time news at 8.00? definitely not...
Now change the story, Aidyl Nurhadi drives back home and meets a terrible, most grotesque accident. I crashed into a trailer, my head is severed and my body is decapitated into half and my innards spattered everywhere. Now there is a very high likelihood that my gruesome death will be reported in tomorrow's papers, damn maybe even on prime time. BUT what the news DO NOT report and cover is that MILLIONS of others also driving back home, made it safely. lol Can you see it now? There's a good saying from Reader's Digest, there are more good people in this world than there are bad, but the bad people are the ones who usually make the more noise.

Quahom 1, What you're trying to do, I dare say is blaming Islam for the wrongs of some of its adherents have committed. You're trying to say that Islam teaches us terrorism, Islam teaches us rape, Islam teaches us suicide blah blah blah blah. Do you realise there are over 1.5 BILLION Muslims on the face of the planet? If indeed Islam TEACHES all those things, the world would be in utter ruin and chaos! Could you imagine 1.5 BILLION terrorists??? or maybe not all because you'd argue that infants and younglings can't possibly do much damage. But say half of that...about 500 MILLION...EVEn that is BIG ENOUGH to create an unimaginable WAR. If Islam does breed terrorism, then I as a practicing Muslim would be going around chopping people's heads off! The majority of the population in Malaysia are Muslims, it's an Islamic state ruled by Muslims along side Chinese and Hindus as well as Sikhs....I suggest you visit us sometime and then you can tell me which Muslim group or individual is going around killing "infidels" in the name of God. If you come to my house you will be able to see that left hand side neighbour is Chinese, my right hand neighbour is Indian, she's a political figure for the MIC, the Indian political party, my opposite neighbour is an Indian doctor, on his left are Indian Christians and on his right are Muslims. Our town is called Kampung Tunku in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Whenever you have the time, I'd be happy to have you over, you can see if I or any member of my family is gowing around killing our neighbours.

Aidyl Nurhadi said:
Quahom 1, What you're trying to do, I dare say is blaming Islam for the wrongs of some of its adherents have committed. You're trying to say that Islam teaches us terrorism, Islam teaches us rape, Islam teaches us suicide blah blah blah blah. Do you realise there are over 1.5 BILLION Muslims on the face of the planet? If indeed Islam TEACHES all those things, the world would be in utter ruin and chaos! Could you imagine 1.5 BILLION terrorists??? or maybe not all 1.5 billion, because you'd argue that infants and younglings can't possibly do much damage. But say half of that...about 500 MILLION...EVEn that is BIG ENOUGH to create an unimaginable WAR. If Islam does breed terrorists, then I as a practicing Muslim would be going around chopping people's heads off! The majority of the population in Malaysia are Muslims, it's an Islamic state ruled by Muslims along side Chinese and Hindus as well as Sikhs....I suggest you visit us sometime and then you can tell me which Muslim group or individual is going around killing "infidels" in the name of God. If you come to my house you will be able to see that left hand side neighbour is Chinese, my right hand neighbour is Indian, she's a political figure for the MIC, the Indian political party, my opposite neighbour is an Indian doctor, on his left are Indian Christians and on his right are Muslims. Our town is called Kampung Tunku in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Whenever you have the time, I'd be happy to have you over, you can see if I or any member of my family is gowing around killing our neighbours.

No, I am asking why all of the sudden there are problems brewing quite rapidly everywhere. And I am aware that Malaysia holds the largest contingency of Muslims in the world. And as you point out there is a curious lack of relative trouble concerning religion in that part of the world.

This is a paradox. One that needs to be understood and answered fairly soon, I should think.

v/r

Q

Back