Daily Wisdom Saying

Through training there is knowledge.
You can produce compassion, love, forgiveness.
You can change yourself.

~H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

Ok here’s a bit of druidic wisdom:

The truth is nakedonce it is written it is lost!

This is the fundamental philosophy of the druidic tradition, the idea is that; as soon as you give meaning to the ultimate nature [put clothes on it – so to say] of existence then you have lost its true meaning! The ultimate nature of reality it is not a god or gods [nor male/female entity]! Nor is it an ‘energy’ an intelligence or entity – yet it is all these things when manifest and everything is somehow inherent within ‘it’. Time space & energy [the universe generally] are also manifestations of the ultimate nature of reality. When you think about it there must be an original source of all things! Not just the physical but law and principle too!

It has been about six centuries since Columbus suggested that this planet was a sphere. From what I understand, he was not the first guy to say this.

But we are still apparently bogged down in the idea that east must be separated from west.

And we all keep talking about the "last frontier".

It is not space, not the sea--it is our minds.

InPeace,
InLove

A miracle is not the suspension of natural law,
but the operation of a higher law..

Grave wisdom...

FOUND ON REAL HEADSTONES

Harry Edsel Smith of Albany, New York:
Born 1903-Died 1942
Looked up the elevator shaft to see if the
car was on the way down. It was.
In a Thurmont, Maryland, cemetery:
Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up
And no place to go.
In a London, England cemetery:
Here lies Ann Mann,
Who lived an old maid
But died an old Mann.
Dec. 8, 1767
In a Ribbesford, England, cemetery:
Anna Wallace:
The children of Israel wanted bread,
And the Lord sent them manna.
Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife,
And the Devil sent him Anna.
In a Ruidoso, New Mexico, cemetery:
Here lies Johnny Yeast.
Pardon me
For not rising.
In a Uniontown, Pennsylvania, cemetery:
Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake.
Stepped on the gas
Instead of the brake.
In a Silver City, Nevada, cemetery:
Here lays The Kid.
We planted him raw.
He was quick on the trigger
But slow on the draw.
A lawyer's epitaph in England:
Sir John Strange.
Here lies an honest lawyer,
And that is Strange.
John Penny's epitaph in the Wimborne, England,
cemetery:
Reader, if cash thou art
In want of any,
Dig 6 feet deep;
And thou wilt find a Penny.
In a cemetery in Hartscombe, England:
On the 22nd of June,
Jonathan Fiddle
Went out of tune.
Anna Hopewell's grave in Enosburg
Falls,Vermont
Here lies the body of our Anna -
Done to death by a banana.
It wasn't the fruit that laid her low,
But the skin of the thing that made her go.
On a grave from the 1880s in Nantucket,
Massachusetts:
Under the sod and under the trees,
Lies the body of Jonathan Pease.
He is not here, there's only the pod.
Pease shelled out and went to God
In a cemetery in England:
Remember man, as you walk by,
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you soon will be.
Prepare yourself and follow me.
To which someone replied by writing on the
tombstone:
To follow you I'll not consent
Until I know which way you went
Last add, from Boot Hill, in Tombstone,
Arizona:
Here lies Lester Moore
One slug from a 44
No Les
No More

An Iron Curtain or a Bamboo Curtain is bad enough, but the worst is a curtain in the mind. Then we cannot let new ideas enter.

H.H. The 14th Dalai Lama

"Now we know that reality is infinitely more complex than science has ever envisioned, even beyond any single religious ideology existing today. This extended concept of reality postulates an open system--where constant interactions and transactions take place back and forth between all existing systems--in contrast to the closed systems of the past. Quantum physics has heralded its birth...

"The reality of the world lies in fields which interact with other fields of energy in dynamic chaos patterns that are always evolving to higher levels of complexity. This is an open system in which reality is tremendously complex. What we know as truth, intuition, and consciousness all operate interdependently with matter. Furthermore, they transform matter as they are transformed by it."

--Dr. Valerie Hunt, in Infinte Mind: Science of the Human Vibrations of Consciousness

Pathless, hi

That sounds interesting, its not beyond my religion though – druidic universalism [at least where i am taking it], in fact it sounds like the basis of it! Infinity and the mind by rudy rucker goes along a similar theme – he calls the mindscape, I think there is something ‘beneath’ the quantum and the nature of mind, that can manifest as either, I am not sure if it is infinity or simply the void [zero energy etc.] of which the infinitive is a primary dimension.

I think we have entered a fantastic new age of philosophical discovery, where science and future religion shall meet! I know that my/our current ideas are not the final vision, which is great – it is like everything is refreshed and we may begin our investigations anew.

I look forwards to your future threads if you do any, sounds interesting! :)

Respect

Z

"Some people have asked what the relationship is between peace and environment, and to them I say that many wars are fought over resources, which are becoming increasingly scarce across the Earth. If we did a better job of managing our resources sustainably, conflicts over them would be reduced. So, protecting the global environment is directly related to securing peace."

Wangari Maathai, founder of the Green Belt Movement, and the first African woman and first environmentalist to win the Nobel Peace Prize (in 2004)

Through training there is knowledge.
You can produce compassion, love, forgiveness.
You can change yourself.

~H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

i like this one vajradhara

kinda like what shaolin monk shi yan ming would say;

"kung fu is hard work
kung fu about confidence
kung fu all about free yourself
understanding,
respect,
change yourself,
and help yourself help others."

Around us, life bursts with miracles--a glass of water, a ray of sunshine, a leaf, a caterpillar, a flower, laughter, raindrops. If you live in awareness, it is easy to see miracles everywhere. Each human being is a multiplicity of miracles. Eyes that see thousands of colors, shapes, and forms; ears that hear a bee flying or a thunderclap; a brain that ponders a speck of dust as easily as the entire cosmos; a heart that beats in rhythm with the heartbeat of all beings. When we are tired and feel discouraged by life’s daily struggles, we may not notice these miracles, but they are always there.
-Thich Nhat Hahn, from The Sun My Heart

Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

"To train yourself in sitting meditation [za-zen] is to train yourself to be a sitting Buddha. If you train yourself in za-zen (you should know that) Zen is neither sitting nor lying. If your train yourself to be a sitting Buddha, (you should know that) the Buddha is not a fixed form. Since the Dharma has no (fixed) abode, it is not a matter of making choices. If you make (yourself) a sitting Buddha this is precisely killing the Buddha. If you adhere to the sitting position, you will not attain the principle of Zen." -- Zen master Huai-jang

The Way is comprehended in the mind; how can a sitting in meditation be concerned with the Way? — Zen Master Hui-neng (from the Ching-te ch’uan teng lu)

The term 'mind' in Buddhism is complicated. In the old canon the teachers said it was two, defiled and radiant. The first, hides the second. When be focus in on the first, if we are lucky, we get a glimpse of the second.

Oh! 'Monks'. The mind (citta) is luminous (pabhassara)! It is defiled by the adventitious defilement. Oh! 'Bhiksus'. The mind is luminous (pabhassara)! it obtains release (vippamutta) from the adventitious defilement. — Pabhassarasutta A.i.49-52

In Zen the interest is in mind as radiant light. When we come to actualize it, it is 24/7 so there is no need to sit on your arse and get blood clots and hemorrhoids.

Blessings,

Asanga

Thanks Pathless. Here is a real Asanga (4th century C.E.) passage:

One should understand that only the sphere of cognitive activity which is completely freed of discursive thought is the domain of knowledge of the supreme essential nature (paramarthikah savbhavah) of all dharmas. — Bodhisattvabhumi by Asanga

One can think of discursive thoughts as a whirlpool of clear pure water. It looks like it is different from the water, but in truth, it is not. And so our inner world is the mind (the clear pure water) making countless whirlpools—getting lost in their variety. Our mind even uses these whirlpool like thoughts for a template by which to seek for the calm, unmoved mind! As a result of this wrong path our cognition remains bound to discursive thoughts. We never acquire the knowledge of the supreme essential nature of all things (dharmâ)—yes, a nature like the calm, clear water of a deep pool.

If we accomplish right practice (notice I said 'right') we may get lucky and experience this calm, clear mind from which our whirling thoughts are made. Eventually, over time we will always be that pure mind not fixed on discursive thoughts. We will understand that this mind is undying and naturally liberated. The fear of death will leave us.

Blessings,

Asanga

Last edited:
Back