if hell was real

thanks to you, mee, i understand my wife now more than ever. see you around.

I ,think, what alot of people fail to realize is that its not God who sends you to hell, it is you that sends you to hell, your actions, your decisions, when your born on this earth your doomed to die (eternally) but God offers a way out of beeing eternally doomed,....

I ,think, what alot of people fail to realize is that its not God who sends you to hell, it is you that sends you to hell, your actions, your decisions, when your born on this earth your doomed to die (eternally) but God offers a way out of beeing eternally doomed,....

Who are you preaching to? Christians? Like we don't know?

edit: Preaching is against the COC here. It can be read http://www.comparative-religion.com/forum/code-of-conduct.php

Nothing personal, but that is the way it is.

v/r

Joshua

the idea of the world being doomed and people having to choose a way out, their natures being at war with their angry creator, its really really really tragic, desolate, bleak, doleful, gloomy, horrible and terrible.

if this is the absolute reality, if the answer to all lifes mysteries includes hell, if the answer is "save yourself from your despicable hell bound state before its too late" then I wish I was never born. I see no joy, only tragedy.

why do we have a sense of humor, and where in tarnation is that sense of humor when I open the bible.

the idea of the world being doomed and people having to choose a way out, their natures being at war with their angry creator, its really really really tragic, desolate, bleak, doleful, gloomy, horrible and terrible.

if this is the absolute reality, if the answer to all lifes mysteries includes hell, if the answer is "save yourself from your despicable hell bound state before its too late" then I wish I was never born. I see no joy, only tragedy.

why do we have a sense of humor, and where in tarnation is that sense of humor when I open the bible.

I suppose it depends on one's definition of "humor". The bible abounds with the humor of God. Abraham's discovery at becoming a father at 100, comes to mind. Most of it is in the form of irony however, such as Joseph standing over his brothers, though they know him not...Jonah and the whale...

Revelation 14:9-11 speaks of some who are "tormented with fire and sulphur . . . And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever." Does this prove eternal conscious torment in hellfire? Actually, all this passage says is that the wicked are tormented, not that they are tormented forever. The text states that it is the smoke—the evidence that the fire has done its work of destruction—that continues forever, not the fiery torment.
Ok Mee so according to The Watchtower now you are saying you can have smoke but no fire. :eek: Open your eyes and brain put the watchtower down and back away from it.

Ok Mee so according to The Watchtower now you are saying you can have smoke but no fire. :eek: Open your eyes and brain put the watchtower down and back away from it.
yes opening my eyes has led to better understanding and it is very good .
"And​
he shall be tormented with fire and sulphur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever, and day and night they have no rest, those who worship the wild beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."—Revelation 14:10b, 11.

Some have viewed the mention here of fire and sulfur ("fire and brimstone," King James Version) as a proof of the existence of a hellfire. But a brief look at a similar prophecy shows the real import of these words in this context. Back in the days of Isaiah, Jehovah warned the nation of Edom that they would be punished because of their enmity toward Israel. He said: "Her torrents must be changed into pitch, and her dust into sulphur; and her land must become as burning pitch. By night or by day it will not be extinguished; to time indefinite its smoke will keep ascending. From generation to generation she will be parched; forever and ever no one will be passing across her."—Isaiah 34:9, 10.​
Was Edom hurled into some mythical hellfire to burn forever? Of course not. Rather, the nation completely disappeared from the world scene as if she had been totally consumed with fire and sulfur. The final result of the punishment was not everlasting torment but "emptiness . . . wasteness . . . nothing." (Isaiah 34:11, 12) The smoke ‘ascending to time indefinite’ vividly illustrates this. When a house burns down, smoke keeps coming from the ashes for some time after the flames have died down, providing onlookers with evidence that there has been a destructive conflagration. Even today God’s people remember the lesson to be learned from the destruction of Edom. In this way ‘the smoke of her burning’ is still ascending in a symbolic way.

Back