You are God for a day...

have you listened to Jesus advise:)

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. JOHN 17;3

the true God is JEHOVAH psalm 83;18 and he sent forth his son as it tells us at John 3;16-17

many think they are one and the same ,but that is not a bible teaching .:)
Actually, it is not a JW teaching, but it is biblical to a couple billion Christians. And it has been such for a couple thousand years...:rolleyes:

Re: Take this job and shove it!

Meh, too much responsibilty - I'd give the reigns to someone else --
Agreed. I too tried to be God, but the responsibility was too much, so I put my uniform back on and simply carried out orders as best I can...(that's tough enough):eek:

I'd secretly switch around the smite and bless buttons and see how long it takes him to figure it out. I'd invite Satan over for a latte and ask him why he likes Republicans so much. I'd snoop around in God's sock drawer just to see if he's hiding anything good in there. I'd pick some new prophets, like George Carlin.

Chris

Nice ones.

I'd pick some new prophets, like George Carlin.

George Carlin already wrote his book of prophecy.

1401301347.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I'd secretly switch around the smite and bless buttons and see how long it takes him to figure it out. I'd invite Satan over for a latte and ask him why he likes Republicans so much. I'd snoop around in God's sock drawer just to see if he's hiding anything good in there. I'd pick some new prophets, like George Carlin.

Chris
lol, you remind me of someone, close to Jesus, now who the hell was that?.....:rolleyes: Oh, YEAh! THOMAS!!!:D

Well, that's true I suppose. But I always liked Peter. He's the kind of guy you'd want on your crew.

Chris
Nope, tries to take over too much, and doesn't know when to shut up. God say be still, and Peter can't help but screw everything up with "HIS IDEA" of how things should be.

Nope, you are definitely Thomas...lol

Who am I, if not God for a day? Which disciple am I? Am I Judas the cheat? Peter, the boastful fool? Stephen the idiot. Who am I?

I'm curious.

o.k. - so I'd probably be Peter what what!! Who else had the kind of faith, if only for a moment, to walk on water? Yeah, I'm a little gung ho, and think I got all the answers, but hey, I got faith, too - and that is the pudding, right?

James

JOHN 17;3 certainly is biblical :)

Indeed it is Mee, but let us take the whole into context shall we?

John 17:1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should[a] give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

And also Psalm 83:18 יֵבֹ֖שׁוּ וְיִבָּהֲל֥וּ עֲדֵי־עַ֗ד וְֽיַחְפְּר֥וּ וְיֹאבֵֽדוּ׃

Which literally translates as: "That they may know that it is Thou alone whose name is the LORD:"

Notice the translation is Lord, not YHWH or the english variation of Jehovah. It wasn't used as the Lord's name in this verse, by the Hebrews themselves. So how could the English Jehovah even come into play when the Hebrew YHWH wasn't even used by the Hebrew authors of the passage?

Of course this Psalm verse goes with a Song, a Psalm of Asaph. And the two John and Psalms, though associated do not in this context refer to the same personage of God.

David is talking about God without understanding the nature of the Son he has not met or heard about. Jesus on the other hand is talking about God and He being of the same glory, of which He (Jesus) put away to walk with us.

Second verse, same as the first Wil (lol) :rolleyes::p

Indeed it is Mee, but let us take the whole into context shall we?

John 17:1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should[a] give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
yes ,as john 17;5 says ,
So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.

yes , even before the world was created ,Jesus was with his father , but he would be going back to heaven where he was before he came to earth.

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. JOHN 1;1

Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been." JOHN 8;58

Jesus in Existence Before Abraham

Joh 8:58—"before Abraham came into existence, I have been"
Gr., πρὶν᾿Αβραὰμ γενέσθαι γὼ εμί
(prin A·bra·am´ ge·ne´sthai e·go´ ei·mi´)

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; COLOSSIANS 1;15.

When, now, he had received the sour wine, Jesus said: "It has been accomplished!" and, bowing his head, he delivered up [his] spirit.

Or, "he stopped breathing." Lit., "he gave up the spirit." Gr., pa·re´do·ken to pneu´ma.

yes ,as john 17;5 says ,
So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.

yes , even before the world was created ,Jesus was with his father , but he would be going back to heaven where he was before he came to earth.

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. JOHN 1;1

Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been." JOHN 8;58

Jesus in Existence Before Abraham

Joh 8:58—"before Abraham came into existence, I have been"
Gr., πρὶν᾿Αβραὰμ γενέσθαι γὼ εμί
(prin A·bra·am´ ge·ne´sthai e·go´ ei·mi´)

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; COLOSSIANS 1;15.

When, now, he had received the sour wine, Jesus said: "It has been accomplished!" and, bowing his head, he delivered up [his] spirit.

Or, "he stopped breathing." Lit., "he gave up the spirit." Gr., pa·re´do·ken to pneu´ma.

Not that it matters to you, but for others reading the correct translation of the Hebrew (not Greek) is "Before Abraham was, I Am". Mee tends to twist phrases to meet his expectations despite what is historical fact, as far as the historical accuracy of certain written passages.

The past passive "have been" was not used by Jesus to describe himself, but rather the first person present tense "I am" is the self declaration.

Back