You are God for a day...

foundationist

Reaction score
A hypothetical (obviously)... ;)

You are given the chance to wield omniscient omnipresent powers for a day.

So what would you do?

What would you change most about the world?

Why?

Change nothing..feel nervouse..hopes God takes over quickly at the change over.

foundationist said:

So what would you do?

Why?

Probably issue a universal edict: "Knock it off you idiots. Fighting about religion is wrong. You're ALL right - except when you insist that yours is the only way, or that anyone else is wrong". Then sit back and watch the worst offenders have heart attacks :)

Now I thought this was just a great question we can have fun with things such as this, I feel that it even provokes our minds to a chain of thought which is good... We can say what if we were god! What could we do! I think most of us, would of course to start with go along a path of greed and blindness... Win the lottery have a mansion be famous or something or other fix OUR problems and so on and so forth example, Bruce almighty the film, sure some of you seen that? Can relate to my example then awesome, the others, perhaps my dear family you should see the comedy.

But that would tire, come on boring, the heart would make us question, we would see those around us whom suffer, and stave and hate one another, they walk side by side yet fail to turn and say hello I am NAME and can I help YOU? We would see that we are not the only one with issues and problems and it should make us at FIRST feel small, we would want to help them do the best we can our minor troubles, no time, I am busy trying to just help others, get to know others... You know?

So to think of a short yet not so simple question such as this makes you then ponder on the thought of taking the fascination with being a supreme being (before mentioned, god.) ...away, What can I, human me do? Oh I can do that... Then I guess I'll start moving towards that... Do what I can. I think a question like that is healthy to ask....

Oops, breaking my blog barrier again, my bad.

Should really be going to bed now, but I wanted to share the thought I shall dwell on until silence embraces me for the night. What if we changed the question? What if we changed it to... If we can ponder on a thought that we are works of our god(s), and we wish for a day to be like our god(s), Why don't we just wish every day to be like our god(s). Then wishing our days away will end, and we can wake up, open our eyes and face those challanges that are there in the way of us and our fellow people.... Good night and sweet dreams.

Can we do it?

I would make sure I'd never die, always be happy and productive, and make myself very intelligent in every way. If I was feeling generous, I might do something nice for everyone else, too. I would also extend the day to last as long as I needed to finalize my decisions.

If I was God for a day,.......well,there is one thing Ive always wanted to be able to do......(yeah, stop poverty, world peace......and alll that) but to be perfectly honest, Ive often stood on thebeach looking out to sea and wonder if I had tthe power to lift the ocean up just about 10feet off the bottom, I d like to see what was under all the water. you know, the landscape, or seascape as it maybe. Id like to be able to walk along it and see all the differences in levels of the ocean floor, trenches etc. Of course, Id have to keep all the critters alive in the suspended ocean above my head, but ive always had this dream, ever since I was little.
Now, this is probably not the religious experiance you were expecting with this question, but Im only human and a greedy one at that. LOL.

Probably issue a universal edict: "Knock it off you idiots. Fighting about religion is wrong. You're ALL right - except when you insist that yours is the only way, or that anyone else is wrong". Then sit back and watch the worst offenders have heart attacks :)

Here, here. Exactly the answer I would give - then wait patiently and nervously for G-d to turn up and take the worry from me.

I think I would also be tempted to tatoo the 10 commandments on everyones foreheads :D

So what would you do?

Why?
Hmmmm that would be a dangerous thing to offer a druid. You know, God of Earth not God of Man.

First I would make sure that no planet-killer is coming TOO soon (large asteroid, super volcano, etc.)

Then I seriously think that the future of the Earth, all of Nature, and even Man would be improved by a really harsh plague. Some AIDs or eubola variation. Knock the population down to about 1/10 of what it is now. Something that is particularly harsh to those have benefited most from man's departure from survival of the fittest would be best.

Of course thats not my personal feelings. I could never take part of creating something like that. But as God the responsibilities would be different.

Well, what I didn't tell you is that while I was God for a day I arranged it so that I'd be God again sometime after gp1628 was God for a day. I'd come along and wipe out the remaining 1/10 of the human race he let live, except for about 5 people who I would immediately crush in a game of Monopoly.

If I was God...

I would make pretentious people smell like farts all week, just to embarrass them.

I would make politicians' noses elongate when they told lies.

I would strike with lightening and kill anyone who caused violence to vulnerable creatures- children, small animals, etc.

I would follow round all those who deem themselves to be saints and prophets and I would burn bushes just for them while filling their heads with my voice. I would mainly shout random things, like "where's the cheese, Sonny", or "don't eat that bagel, Mabel", but occasionally I would furnish them with great insight. This would depend soley on their choise of footwear.

I would persuade the richest to convert, suddenly, to my call, and they would become philanthropists...

I would give people a few millenia's worth of miracles in a short space of time- I would drag the arora borealis lights down to Blackpool, for instance, and magic away the Eiifel tower for a week or two, only to make it reappear in somewhere like the Pacific Atoll, paint the Taj Mahal bright green, etc.

After I had enjoyed myself with amusements such as these, I'd then get onto the business of being God.

Firstly, I would fix the hole in the ozone layer and lower the temperature inside a little.

Then I would make disappear all weapons of mass destruction and all bombs and guns. I would then ensure nobody remembered what guns or bombs where, and wipe all knowledge of them from the minds of man.

I would raise the IQ of the worlds population by an average of ten points. Those with an 1Q of less than 100 I would raise by 50.

All of the above would happen over the course of a month, to give the media time to report on the global changes and stir up the people.

Then I would broadcast myself on all TV's and radios at once, to introduce myself to the people, and I would give them some advice to follow and perform some more miracles to impress them and secure their alleigiance.

I would get rid of all nuclear power and convert everything to green technologies. I would then make sure all people had money, suddenly, and their larders would be full of delightful fruits and vegetables and grains.

Then I would appear on earth somewhere and live like the Wizard of Oz inside a fabulous emerald city and pilgrims would spend many years travelling to find me within my secret location. When they did, we would drink beer, I would then bless them, give them a really great vision to take back home to the kids, and send them home satisfied. In a spaceship.

You already are God every day...

Actually, you are a god, already, 24-7. You were created in God's image with the power of choice. (Sorry, omnipotence and omniscience were reserved for founding members.)

Every choice you make, every adjustment to your course of action, wipes out an infinity of possibilities.

Namiste

And the One seated on the throne said: "Look! I am making all things new." Also, he says: "Write, because these words are faithful and true REVELATION 21;5

No need to think about what God might do he has already put things into action .

and the prophecies that he has put in the bible which is a letter to people on the earth , are now well along ,and soon his purpose for the earth will be over and done with .

but NOW he is gathering a GREAT CROWD from all nations to get through the GREAT TRIBULATION AND THEN THEY CAN LIVE ON INTO A PARADISE EARTH:) REVELATION 7;9-10

But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.2 PETER 3;13

If I were God or a god for one day, I would banish all religion including discussion about religion, making religion & dogma vanish from all minds in all universes for eternity. Then as people do any harm to others or to any of the creation, that same harm will come upon them immediately.

Power control freaks & religious institutions would not like me...they are too inconsistant.

If I were God or a god for one day, I would banish all religion including discussion about religion, making religion & dogma vanish from all minds in all universes for eternity. Then as people do any harm to others or to any of the creation, that same harm will come upon them immediately.

Power control freaks & religious institutions would not like me...they are too inconsistent.
ah, another welcome drive by...

Namaste Bandit!

twould be interesting if the code of Hammurabi was automatically enforced by the universe. If that was done first would the banishing of religions and discussion be required or would it be self correcting?

Power control freaks & religious institutions would not like me...they are too inconsistant.

It's my brother! Long time no see *hugs* Awesome post brah. But gotta have that there freedom and free wil.

Back